Slade Collections

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:35 pm

If i ever get over to Canada i will bring the hardcover copy i found for 6p on Amazon.co.uk
Though i do think ABEBOOKS.COM would be a good bet...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I really think you should keep it for your own collection, dreab.

If I was willing to buy things online, there's one on eBay right now, listed at £7.99.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Mbwun wrote:
e_taylor wrote:You never know what you might find.... or what might show up at your door someday! :twisted:

Hmmmmmm! Sounds like someone is thinking about being generously naughty. :wink:

Have you ever been able to determine whether this book was ever actually published?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cut-Throat-Mich ... 820&sr=1-1

If it was, here's to you running across a copy of it some day. :D

Well, I don't have extra copies right now, but if I were to come across affordable ones, one would think they'd find a good home on your shelf!

As for that Cutthroat - it doesn't exist. Although, Virgin Books did buy out WH Allen (UK publisher of Headhunter and Ghoul) so it makes a faint bit of sense. None the less, I think Slade solved the mystery long ago. Also, I was doing some correspondence with one of Virgin Books' reps a while back and they also confirmed it doesn't exist.
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby Mbwun » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:13 am

e_taylor wrote:Well, I don't have extra copies right now, but if I were to come across affordable ones, one would think they'd find a good home on your shelf!

They would indeed! :D

Too bad about the Cutthroat. Sure would be fun to find out the person you had been speaking to had been wrong, and a few copies actually were published though.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Mon May 25, 2009 2:50 am

Heres some new additions to my Slade shelves:

Bed of Nails, signed/inscribed. Reads: Stretch out and relax!
Sorry for the crappy photo!
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby e_taylor » Mon May 25, 2009 2:52 am

Burnt Bones, signed/inscribed to John Pelan.
e_taylor

Postby e_taylor » Mon May 25, 2009 2:53 am

Another signed UK Ghoul.
e_taylor

Postby e_taylor » Mon May 25, 2009 2:54 am

Hangman, signed/inscribed to John Pelan.
e_taylor

Postby e_taylor » Mon May 25, 2009 2:55 am

US & UK Ghoul proofs.
e_taylor

Postby e_taylor » Mon May 25, 2009 2:56 am

This ones special - 1st US Headhunter, signed in the month of publication, by all three who made up Slade at the time with a nice inscription.
e_taylor

Postby e_taylor » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Most up to date pic of my Slade collection:

e_taylor

Postby Judy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:09 am

My goodness . . . . eT . . . looks as though you've got your own book store right at home . . . if I ever need to buy a copy . . . now I know where to find one . . . :shock: :twisted: :lol:
Judy

Previous

Return to Sladists Welcome!