Slade Collections

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Mbwun » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:06 pm

EZ Rhino wrote:Good stuff! Thanks for sharing! Anybody got any knowledge of handwriting analysis?? :twisted: What's going on in Slade's mind???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've posted pics of some of my collection here in the past, but they've all been taken with my webcam, as I don't have a digital camera, and the only film camera I have is a paltry little Cannon Snappy. It's just one of those "point and shoot" dealies, and you can't take closeups with it.

The webcam doesn't exactly take the clearest pictures.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:52 pm

For what it's worth, this is a very fuzzy webcam photo of my collection:

Canadian paperbacks on the left, hardcovers in the middle (Primal Scream is signed), and on the right from bottom to top:

Canadian Crucified, Canadian 1st of Swastika, Canadian 2nd of Swastika, Canadian 1st of Kamikaze, Canadian paperback of Death's Door, US paperback of Death's Door, and the newest paperbacks of Headhunter and Ghoul.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Very nice Mbwun - that Bed of Nails will fit nicely on the shelf!

Slade/Jay -

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you signed a book as "Michael Slade" as opposed to the now common "Slade"?
e_taylor

Postby Mbwun » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:12 pm

It does indeed. Thanks very much for it.

Credit Union still hasn't gotten me my new cheque blanks yet, so payment for it will be a while still - must have something to do with the migration to a new banking system (with the new account numbers). Our statements were a bit of a mess this month too.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:18 pm

Mbwun wrote:It does indeed. Thanks very much for it.

Credit Union still hasn't gotten me my new cheque blanks yet, so payment for it will be a while still - must have something to do with the migration to a new banking system (with the new account numbers). Our statements were a bit of a mess this month too.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again Mbwun, no rush, no worries.
e_taylor

Postby Cawdorgraves » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:39 pm

ok ok OK! WHERE DID YOU GET a copy of HEADHUNTER hard cover? I keep debating on buying one used from an online book store but I so much prefer the hunt and wish one day to stumble on one. May have to break down though and buy a copy to have it in my collection.

Really wish your books continued to come out in hardcover as I am quite fond of those. Although I must admit that lugging these books from province to province has a high price attached to them - we are talking Halifax - Toronto - Edmonton - Ottawa. There and back again. And I can't count how many people I've loaned my copy of Headhunter to over the years.

CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby Mbwun » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:32 am

I got my hardcover copy of Headhunter from a used book store that operated briefly here in Langley. The owner ran afoul of his landlord and ceased operations only a year or so after opening. I think most of his book business was a bit under the counter (if you know what I mean). That's where I got my copies of Hangman and Primal Scream too.

Hangman and Primal Scream set me back $5 apiece. And, well, you're probably not going to want to know that I only paid $2 for the copy of Headhunter. Its dustjacket does have some minor condition issues, but for $2, what the heck, eh?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:48 am

The reason I asked the last time Jay signed a book as "Michael Slade" is because I just picked this up...

It was the only 1st I didn't have a signed copy of.
Last edited by e_taylor on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
e_taylor

Postby Cawdorgraves » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:48 am

where did you find that hard copy of Crucified? I went and bought it the first day it was available here in Ottawa and it only came in the soft copy. Now I'm extra jealous. and the 13 tombes? where is that available?

CG
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby e_taylor » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:58 am

Cawdorgraves wrote:where did you find that hard copy of Crucified? I went and bought it the first day it was available here in Ottawa and it only came in the soft copy. Now I'm extra jealous. and the 13 tombes? where is that available?

CG

In the UK, Severn House published Crucified in HC. The best place to get it in Canada is here: http://www.deadwrite.com/slade.html - only $30 CDN and it'll come signed!

As for 13 Tombes - only Slade has one of those. But "13 Horrors" was released in 2003 to celebrate the 13th anniversary of the World Horror Convention as a limited edition. 150 signed and numbered copies, 26 signed and lettered presentation copies.
e_taylor

Postby SteveB » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:29 am

Hi Guys - is there an easy way to post pictures? Not sure how to do it

cheers!! :D
"Attention all planets of The Solar Federation!
We have assumed control!"
SteveB

Postby krista in ma » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:32 am

The easiest way I know how is......

go to this website (I'm sure there are other image hosting websites out there that work just the same if someone has another recommendation?) -

http://imageshack.us/

you'll see some stuff on the page..... make sure "image" is clicked.
make sure the curser thing is in the blank spot to the left of "browse" and go to "browse" to browse for the file on your computer.
once you've done that, make sure to click / check that you want to resize image (I picked "optimize without resizing").
make sure you've clicked to "remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail?"
click "upload"

Note - it asks for an email but I have not done this / it's not something that needs to be done!

scroll down to the bottom (ignore the "thumbnail links on top) and UNCLICK "Include details"
highlight and copy the text next to Hotlink for forums (1)
paste as desired...

When I tried this the first time - the image was HUGE so I went back to my paint program and decreased the size. That was easiest for me. I am assuming (but haven't tried) that you can change the size on the screen to browse / upload by picking something else for the "resize image?" part. I just did it in paint since I knew how much smaller I wanted to make the image - I didn't want to have to try more than one of the sizes listed to get one that wasn't too big on the actual hosting site.

I'm going under the assumption you're looking for an easy way to post stuff here on the threads?. I find this to be the easiest way to post a picture. If I'm looking to post a series of pictures or put something on my myspace page, I use something abit more "complicated" like photobucket.com

Hope that helps!
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby e_taylor » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:03 am

Good to see you back and posting Steve - can't wait for your pictures!
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby SteveB » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks Krista for the info! Very kind of you indeed!

I'm having a go at uploading to Imageshack as I type. Expect something soon......maybe :D :D
SteveB

Postby SteveB » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:02 am

I have two copies of Zombie as one is an export copy with an unpriced matt jacket with white boards. The other has pictorial boards and a glossy jacket

Some proofs and ARCs. Anyone have any others? I have a spare proof of Ghoul for swapsies

My Pride & Joy - Special Letter 'X' :D

Morrow proof of Headhunter and the UK proof of Ghoul

US Ghoul and US Cutthroat

US Burnt Bones & US Death's Door

CD Death's Door and Canadian Bed of Nails

US Bedof Nails, Canadian Swastika & Canadian Kamikaze
SteveB

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!