Slade's Disciples

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Slade » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Doc,

It's good to see you back. There's lots more coming on the Website in a few weeks, after # 14 is finished.

Slade
Slade

Postby e_taylor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:14 pm

As some of you may know (or may not), Horror Mall recently closed their forums in lieu of "The Haunt" - a myspace type networking platform that is strictly horror. Now, I don't care much for another social networking site, but the forums on the Haunt are still quite good. They are filled with authors, collectors, publishers and fans. [ http://www.horror-mall.com/haunt/ ]

It is a good place to pimp Slade! On the old Horror Mall forums I did my best, but someone beat me to the punch on the new Haunt forum! [Link to thread: http://www.horror-mall.com/haunt/forums ... e_3/#r6876 ].

I'm not sure if you can access the forums without being a member, but this seems like a great platform to spread the word of Slade!! :twisted:

So.... meet you guys there?
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:13 pm

DREAB_TRAWETS is now online at The Haunt. Any chance of a little hand through the morass.... I get scared very easily.... HA
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby krista in ma » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't even know this place existed.

<~~user name Krista_in_MA
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby e_taylor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Just added both of you guys!

Dreab - to be honest, I haven't figured it out totally myself. I stick to the forums which can be accessed by clicking "Forum" button near the top on the right. From there I usually enter the "Books" forum.

The link I posted before should work now though to get right to the Slade thread.
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby Mbwun » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:11 pm

You'll find a post by me in the Michael Slade thread. I've gone by the name I used on another Horror Forum a couple of years back. That board seems to have disappeared from the internet.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:16 am

Bumping this thread for jmount.

The only new development here is that I've taken to shelving one Slade book in the lot upside down at the library and used book stores. The one bookstore owner that I know well here in the city says he's been selling more Slade than ever - so it must be working to get peoples' attention!

One other idea I had too, but I'm keeping that one to myself until a few things fall into place. If you see this Jay, I'll be PMing you about this idea in a few weeks!
e_taylor

Postby Slade » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:24 pm

This put a smile on my face. Here's the reference:

http://www.siwc.ca:80/blogs/kcdyer/jenn ... -come-down

The Surrey International Writers' Conference held a contest "to garner a list of the names of presenters who have inspired your pens and won your hearts over the years at the" SiWC. The winner:

Michael Sladist is Da’ Greatest
Slade writes as if his psyche’s cracked
‘bout heaps of people getting whacked.
Sladists feast on blood and gore,
suspense and mystery galore.
Slade—the author—is a pseudonym.
His books have victims dead or nude in ‘em.
Clarke—the lawyer—prefers criminal insanity
East Hastings hookers and police brutality.
These days he pens with Rebecca—his daughter.
If you haven’t read their books you otter.
Jay Clarke—as Slade—is a master of sadistic,
history, horror and Special X shtick.
He draws on fact to write each novel
—and though I will not stoop to grovel—
I would not mind one single bit
If Slade chose me to get one writ.

-- Jenny Fjellgaard

Anyone who can rhyme "pseudonym" has future Poet Laureate potential written all over her!

Slade
Slade

Postby SickThing » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:56 pm

That's great! :)
SickThing

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Hope you got some royalties for this Mr Slade, as Ben Ravencroft, the horror writer could pass as you....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo ... %27s_Ghost
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Is that permanent marker?

Postby JennyFj » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Had a nap with a lazy boy and when I woke up there were words written on my body but it was so hot they kind of smeared and I can't quite read the writing on the wall mirror unless I squint so I'm not positive but only pretty sure that it says something like "Poet Lori Ate." Who's Lori and why did she eat a poet?

Jenny Fjellgaard

ps...Thanks for the copy of Hangman. I wanted to return the favour, but I don't have a book, so I wrote a poem instead. Hope you enjoyed it.
" I often have long conversations all by myself, and I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying." -Oscar Wilde-)
JennyFj

Postby PohlSE » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:36 am

Nice to meet you, Jenny!

Great work!
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby chaos-consultants » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:21 am

dreab trawets wrote:The reason i like your writing is your reference material, which i look at and wander down my own aisles with. Not many other authors allow me to do that.

I am a couple pages back, but I inherently agree that it is the same for me. There is something about doing the non-fiction accurately that allows you to paint a historical picture, without making it historical fiction. Myself living in Vancouver makes it even more poignant, because it relates to my past personally as well, living in the commonwealth.

John
chaos-consultants

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm

There's a large Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum that I've hung out at for quite some time now, and I tried to start a thread about Slade's work there, with no immediate responses. Seems that someone did eventually respond over half a year after I posted it, without me realizing it.

I was thinking maybe some people here might want to head over there, and get a discussion going, in order to make more people there aware of Slade:

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/

The thread I started:

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/32 ... slade.html
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby StarraStarra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 am

I have been preaching the word of Slade to anyone who will listen and my husband has sent 5 copies of Headhunter to friends in the US.

I work around the corner from a Chapters in Vancouver and when I walked in on my lunch today to grab a box of greeting cards I was confronted with a huge table of CANADIAN AUTHORS

Red Snow was right beside Margaret Atwood's "The Blind Assassin".

Truly a table of books united by nationality not genre.

Vancouver is hosting The Event that Shall Not Be Named in 36 days and we are being beaten around the ears, nose and throat with the Canadian flag, but if it introduces Slade to people around the world, I'll accept that in consolation.
StarraStarra

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!