A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Vcela » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi Slade,

Maybe it is too late to be included in #14 but since you have previously detailed the advances in crime-fighting techniques the RCMP have implemented, here is another one.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=1104358

They are developing a wiki type gang database where they will be able to distribute the latest information instead of relying on an annual report which is usually stale by the time it is distributed. I thought perhaps you could somehow write that into the latest Special X adventure but it is probably too late now.

Oh, and if you have any information about The SHU that would be very interesting to read about. Maybe Mephisto could end up there in the epilogue...
Vcela

Postby Slade » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 am

At 5:36 p.m. on March 15, 2009, I finished Slade Novel # 14, Special X # 13.
Slade

Postby e_taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:03 am

Slade wrote:At 5:36 p.m. on March 15, 2009, I finished Slade Novel # 14, Special X # 13.

Woo Hoo!!!!!! Congratulations Jay!

So I guess its just a matter of time now until you start teasing us with clues to the plot eh? :P
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby raasnio » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:00 am

I'm definitely ready for another Slade novel. 8-)
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:32 am

Mr Slade wrote...

I don't know yet. The axing of Book Expo and the fact that Slade # 14 has a pub date in January 2010 are factors.

That is a long time to wait.
Oh for a time machine.....
anyway, back to the pictures.
:oops: :P
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Judy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 am

Y E A H !!!!!!!!

Congrats Jay . . . . bet you're glad to get it finished :lol: Can't wait for January my friend . . . . . .
Judy

Postby Mbwun » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Slade wrote:At 5:36 p.m. on March 15, 2009, I finished Slade Novel # 14, Special X # 13.

WOOT!!!

e_taylor wrote:So I guess its just a matter of time now until you start teasing us with clues to the plot eh? :P

I'm thinking he's already started, with the several references he's made to Mephisto lately. :wink:
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby EZ Rhino » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Oddly enough, I was just cracking open the first of a dozen Molson Canadians about 20 minutes later. If I'd known you were going to finish the book yesterday, I would've raised a can in your direction Slade. Good on ya! :D
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Slade » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:25 pm

EZ,

Well, you'll just have to crack open a dozen more.

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 am

I am driving trains so can't drink some J.D. in celebratiion at your finishing but......
YEEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!

One question. Do you set the deadlines for your novels, or does your publisher?
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Vcela » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:56 am

Faith n' Begorrah!
Vcela

Postby Slade » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:46 pm

d.t.,

It's a joint decision. But once it's down on contract paper, Slade - like every author - must make that deadline. Publishing schedules depend on it.
Slade

Postby krista in ma » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Congratulations!

Here's to #14!

~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby moonflee » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:09 am

Can't wait! Here's to #14!
Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:24 am

Probably not the topic thread to ask in but a question for da boss, now he has a bit more time...

Have you ever met with Chris Costner Sizemore?

For those not in the know she was diagnosed in the 1950's with D.I.D. or multiple personality disorder.
Probably the first person to be so....

It is thought she had up to twenty distinct personalities, usually manifesting in groups of three.
She reckons it first happened when she was 2 and she saw her mother cut her arm, and she hid in her bed, but remembers seeing a girl go and tell her dad about it.
Other traumatic events triggered other splits.
She knows she is getting one when she gets severe headaches.
Quote from Chris....
"The Purple Lady was obsessed with her namesake color. Retrace Lady would go miles out of her way to avoid retracing her steps. Strawberry Girl was immature. Jane was a compulsive reader."

Quote from her son Bobby..........
"Bobby's favorite was the Retrace Lady. She was the one I considered my truest mother as I was growing up, he said. She went away during the integration (of the personalities into a whole). His least favorite was Strawberry Girl. Bobby said that, once, while grocery shopping with the Retrace Lady, he briefly left the store to go to a nearby drugstore. Upon his return, he found Retrace Lady had disappeared and Strawberry Girl had taken her place. She had filled more than three shopping carts with every strawberry-flavored food item she could find in the store."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociati ... rder#Notes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Costner_Sizemore

http://www.stetson.edu/marcom/articles/ ... =firefox-a[img]

Hope these links work as i am doing this on my mobile, on a train, no, not a circle line!

[/img]
dreab trawets

Next

Return to Sladists Welcome!