A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Judy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:25 pm

The book and movie THE THREE FACES OF EVE were based on her story. I've always thought that given the triggers that occur that apparently cause the split . . . that this disorder doesn't happen more often. Many people experience similar trauma at an early age . . . but don't deal with it by becoming multiples. i always thought it was a rather unique way of handling stress . . .

There are other documented cases . . . the book and movie SYBIL was even more horrific when you understand the child abuse she experienced at the hands of her schizo mother. Another interesting multiple is Cameron West . . . and his story is rather unique in that he's is fairly high functioning in that he has managed to pursue a college degree and author several books and be married and father a child. The incidence of multiples is greater in females than males . . .
:shock:
Judy

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:21 pm

Sybil i will get when the box set season occurs. The three faces of eve was never endorsed by chris costner. And was made by her psychiatrists. Interesting reading. One of her personalities could drive a car, but when she switched, they had to walk back.
Her favourite was one that was outgoing, and vivacious, while her base character, if she ever had one, was rather shy.
In the interview i saw, she helps out at court cases, and is still struggling with some eminent psychologists who do not believe in D.I.D.

The stories she could tell.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby nappyguy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:38 pm

I was wondering if Slade ever has the plan to introduce any/all of his books in e-book format?
nappyguy

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Welcome to the forum nappy guy.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Judy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:12 pm

nappyguy wrote:I was wondering if Slade ever has the plan to introduce any/all of his books in e-book format?

Welcome to our little house of horror . . . nappyguy :twisted:

As a fan of ebooks myself . . . I have asked that question here myself . . . glad to see someone else has this desire . . . but so far have not seen this becoming a reality as yet.
:cry: :cry: :( :(
Judy

Postby nappyguy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:01 am

Thanks for the fine welcome!!! I was a member here years ago and must have gotten deleted. Ebooks are awesome, I just wish more authors would release their books in Ebook format. Now that i have one of these gadgets I cant live without it... I am looking forward to #14, it sounds awesome!!! Mephisto is back!!!
nappyguy

Previous

Return to Sladists Welcome!