RED SNOW: the new Special X thriller

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Re: RED SNOW: the new Special X thriller

Postby The Doctor » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:20 am

.... and in the future, will there be a new book???

I hope that the journey has not come to an end? There is of course the old ethos about going out on a high and maybe a new story cannot match the brilliant 13? Maybe 13 novels is apt??? :twisted:

For fun and diversion check out some little dittos from a comedy novel I'm presently writing and trying to feature on YouTube. Look for Marlthquest.. the story is about Marlth and a quest he is on. 10 subscribers earns entry to snippets of the story and I have 5 already!

Sorry Mr Slade for the ad, but I was thinking that you might also want to consider an alternative way of selling Slade books via YouTube and using little vidos???
The Doctor

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:54 am

Interesting the New Google NEXUS.

Nicely priced for the budget market.
But my one I use, has a memory card slot..

This one doesn't...
What are google thinking?

Anyway..
Bring on the books Mr Slade, Guv'nor.

Cool covers pohlse
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Judy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Well . . . I'll try this again. Love the new covers guys!!! Great job!!! Can't wait to buy them all and load them onto my iPad . . . then I can have a Slade marathon and re-read them all again . . . :lollol: :lollol:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Slade » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Doctor,

I'm already one novel beyond magic 13. Thirteen Special X and one Wyatt Rook.

There will be more novels in the future. l'm at work on the back half of Novel # 15, coming in 2013.

Slade
Slade

Postby Cawdorgraves » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 am

I know I am suppose to be happy for you morphing into the new technology. But there is just something about the anticipation after all of these years to acquire your hard cover first edition novel. Or of recent the paper back version. And now sure it will be readily available as the electronic version but dang it to hell this new technology of reading electronically just doesn't feel right in my opinion!

Welcome to the modern day. One day maybe it'll be holographic and we will have to start our collection all over again. Man it's as bad as VHS to DVD to Blueray to whatever comes next!

but we'll adapt...

Congrats.

CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby PohlSE » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Cawdorgraves,

I understand where your coming from, believe me I do, but paper books are dying, we'll have to face that fact sooner or later. And as they die the prices will continue to skyrocket and books stores will keep phasing out everything that isn't Grisham or King. The longer Slade stayed in the world of paper the less and less chance there was for new readers to find him and then the possible loss of old fans as the book prices became unmanageable. Couple that with slow loss of the entire series due to going out of print and you have a recipe for extinction for Slade and Special X.

I know that's not the route I would pick for the future.

For more proof check this out:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/18/books-ebooks-idUSL4E8II5LB20120718

Love 'em, hate 'em, or ignore 'em e-Books are the way forward.

I don't even own one yet (I snatch my wife's every now and then) but by the end of the year I will.
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Cawdorgraves » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:29 am

My biggest pet peeve is my eyes are being exposed to screens far too much. And worse about it is, benefits are already becoming a scarce thing but vision care is already being denied or not available altogether.

I realize that technology is the way of the future - hell I am a computer system technician and yet technology is taking over the world.

gotta keep up with the times for sure.

CG
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby jellybelly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 am

For me i like how a book 'feels' when it is in my hand, the texture, the smells sometimes silly as that may sound.

The bullet may well have to be bitten though, i can appreciate how convenient downloading books would be. It's like with my Playstation Vita, instead of trawling around shops looking for games i tend to buy the off the PSN, which is to say bought digitally, much more convenient.

I'll have to look into getting one of these E reading contraptions... :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby Judy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:12 pm

jellybelly wrote:For me i like how a book 'feels' when it is in my hand, the texture, the smells sometimes silly as that may sound.

The bullet may well have to be bitten though, i can appreciate how convenient downloading books would be. It's like with my Playstation Vita, instead of trawling around shops looking for games i tend to buy the off the PSN, which is to say bought digitally, much more convenient.

I'll have to look into getting one of these E reading contraptions... :mrgreen:

With advances in electronics coming as fast and furious as they are . . . just look around at the different features and prices before you buy, my friend. I'm sure you have different types available in your neck of woods . . . but best to have one you can actually hold and try out the features before you plunk down your money. 8-)
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Previous

Return to Sladists Welcome!