RED SNOW: the new Special X thriller

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Slade » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:07 pm

RED SNOW marks the Return of Mephisto. He's a megalomaniac and a malignant narcissist. No one thwarts him and gets away with it. No one! Special X and Sheriff's Deputy Jenna Bond have thwarted him twice, and now it's time to pay.

There's no need to have read BURNT BONES and DEATH'S DOOR, just as you needn't have read every Joker, Moriarty, Blofeld, or Deaf Man plot to enjoy the next one. All you need to know is these folks have issues from the past, like the lawyer and the con in CAPE FEAR.

So let the games begin!

And what better setting for an all-out showdown that the upcoming 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games, set to take place at the isolated rural Whistler Valley and Mountain. North America's # 1 ski resort is in for a shock.

Guess who's in charge of security? Special X. So "Revenge is a dish best served cold" takes on literal meaning.

Over the fall, Slade will post teasers at the Website. But for now, here's the story behind the story of DEATH'S DOOR - the last Mephisto thriller - which just went into its MORGUE drawer at the Website. I'm sure you'll agree that PohlSE (with MM's help) did a fine job!

http://www.specialx.net/specialxdotnet/ ... sdoor.html

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Mr Slade..
Very cool, especially the photos of you.

When does Ripper come on line, because, thats is the one i am waiting for...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:50 pm

d.t.,

All in good time. They take a while to do right. First, I'll finish off the ones "to be continued," then move on. ZOMBIE/EVIL EYE is about to take us into Africa. I'm going through 100s of slides. Since you want RIPPER, I'll keep that in mind.

At the moment, I'm reading the proofs of RED SNOW.

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Mr Slade,
I am afraid patience is not a virtue with me, but i shall bite my fingernails and keep on with the seven letter word game madness to quench my thirst.
You see Ripper is up there as one of my favourites, possibly the favourite as it has a tag team of killers, and multiple ways to die. You don't know who is next, and the graphic writing really conveys the trauma. Thats why i am looking forward to Harpers Island.
Always thought a theme park for really evil prisoners set with those kinds of traps would be very cool..

Out of curiousity, who was the american guy back in the day that had a house like that, cannot remember his name...

And when doing the morgue drawers, did you speak to your old collabarators about the content / ideas they put in, if any...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:29 pm

H.H. Holmes?

I talk to John and Rick all the time. Rick and I go back to Grade 5.
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:40 am

Thats the guy, thank you....

For anybody that wants, here is a rather long, but very good life and times of H.H. HOLMES..

http://www.prairieghosts.com/holmes.html
dreab trawets

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Another question guv'nor,
If your colleagues helped you to create Specialx in the beginning, did they help in the final battle between good and evil that is Red Snow?
And can you say if any of Specialx do not come out of Red Snow well?
dreab trawets

Postby Slade » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:36 pm

No and no.

You'll have to read it.
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Worth a try....
dreab trawets

Postby Tautriadelta » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 pm

wow excellent work Slade and kudos to Pohlse and all who helped out with the Morgue it's awesome...I am bidding my time I just re-read Headhunter,Ghoul,Cutthroat,Evil eye and Ripper..damn they go so fast (cuz they're an amazing read..never get tired of em) got to take it slow if the remaining are to hold me until Red Snow. I love them all and my favorite RCMP is of course Zinc, please Slade...leave him be for awhile he's been through too much lately (you made me throw my hardcover againt the wall( Hangman)...you evil,evil man (héhé).I hope you come to Montreal soon cuz I want you to sign all my books and take a pic with ya.I'm creating new Sladist now as I am passing word on the upcoming movie and I lend my reading copy of Headhunter to collegues at work..and guess what they love it and when I tell them you have like 13 novels it's like I burst their bubble.I want everyone to experience a Slade novel..EVERYONE :D
Land of our birth,we pledge to thee
Our love and toil in the years to be;
When we are grown and take our place
As men and women of our race.
Tautriadelta

Postby Slade » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Tautriadelta,

Good to hear from you again. There will be more in the MORGUE soon.

Slade
Slade

Postby marcd » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Congrats...great job on the morgue for 'Death's Door'. I am also looking forward to 'Ripper'...d.t. that's one of my faves as well... this info adds so much to the stories and yes makes you want to re-read them all over...hey that's what I'll do in anticipation of 'Red Snow'

Again FANTASTIC work!
marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

hh holmes

Postby marcd » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:57 pm

d.t.,
If you want to learn more about him, read a great book by Erik Larson-"The Devil and the White City".
marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Thank you for that, heard about it but looking for a person to say get it...
Probably paperback for £3.00 from Amazon.
dreab trawets

Postby Slade » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:51 pm

Here's the scoop on RED SNOW:

http://www.specialx.net/specialxdotnet/ ... dsnow.html

You'll also find a new cover at the bottom of NOVELS:

http://www.specialx.net/specialxdotnet/novels.html

And there's a new entry in NEWS.

Slade
Slade

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!