RED SNOW

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:42 am

Red Snow has arrived. My ritual sacrifice of small bunny rabbits can end..
My first signd book, thank you boss.
Bye bye for now.
MBWUN....., what made you change avatar....
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby marcd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Finished it... loved it and damn, you have outdone yourself again. Thanks, Slade...what's next? A friend once said "You are so bad, that you're that good!" :D Everything that happened I thought it would, :shock: but Slade, you took it further and that was the best thing to read! APPLAUSE! Take a bow!

Mbwun, send me that invite!
marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

Postby e_taylor » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Got my box of books yesterday - thanks a bunch Jay!
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Nearly got arrested.... explaining why i was grinning from ear to ear to someone, after reading them a passage. She said weirdo, and went to a different train carriage...
Heaven, i'm in heaven.....
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYHZh-xnqhE

marcd ... I've sent you a PM regarding how to go about getting the invite sent to you. ie. You need to become one of my FB friends first, as I can only send them out to those who are on my friends list.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Judy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 pm

dreab trawets wrote:Nearly got arrested.... explaining why i was grinning from ear to ear to someone, after reading them a passage. She said weirdo, and went to a different train carriage...
Heaven, i'm in heaven.....

Ho, Ho, Hooooo :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
Judy

Postby Slade » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:14 am

For those reading RED SNOW, here's a map. Pull down or push up the + and - slide to the left:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Whistler&state=BC
Slade

1st Ed Red Snow

Postby chaos-consultants » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:05 am

My local store has 2 - 1st editions left if anyone is panicking, If you want one send me a PM and we'll work something out.

John
chaos-consultants

Red Snow arrival

Postby The Doctor » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:22 pm

The book has arrived today! :D
I'm gonna start it maybe tomorrow or tonight! :)
Thanks Slade for the autograph 8-)

I'll return to the site after reading :twisted:
The Doctor

Postby i.am.sladist » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 am

Judy, that is very funny ... I am right there with you. When my book arrived I spent the better part of the night just holding it. My husband looked at me and said, "You don't even look at me like that." I replied, "You're not a Slade book." Then I carried it with me all day, the following day, smiling till my cheeks hurt. When my boss asked me about this what could I say ...
"No one kills people like Slade. He just comes up with the most creative ways to KILL! And the body count ..."

I think I scared him.
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby raasnio » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:53 am

Finished Red Snow tonight. To avoid spoilers I'll just say that it was a harrowing, but very entertaining read.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Red Snow Hardcover

Postby chaos-consultants » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 am

I just wish the books came out in Hardcover, it is starting to look like the end of a dying breed as we shift to e-books and Limiteds. Slade, any plans for a limited? Any way we can do a petition to have the next Slade book in HC?

Thanks
John
"It's worked so far but we're not out yet" - Information Society (Star Trek)
chaos-consultants

Postby Slade » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:41 am

Chaos,

The digital age is changing entertainment profoundly. Music, movies, and books can't resist the tide. When I was young, half the fun of music was in the album cover. CDs shrank that down to thumbnail size, and what could you do?

The cost of a book in hardcover is mostly in the physical product. That's why they're so expensive. E-books will pay the author the same royalty, cost the consumer a whole lot less, and be available at a click around the globe. A download onto Kindle or iPad eliminates physical product and its shipping.

Look at the effort Americans and the British must go through to read RED SNOW. Importing physical product. If it were an e-book, they'd have it as soon as a Canadian.

Now we watch Kindle and iPad and others battle it out to determine what will dominate the market.

Slade
Slade

Postby Judy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Slade wrote:Chaos,
The digital age is changing entertainment profoundly. Music, movies, and books can't resist the tide. When I was young, half the fun of music was in the album cover. CDs shrank that down to thumbnail size, and what could you do?

The cost of a book in hardcover is mostly in the physical product. That's why they're so expensive. E-books will pay the author the same royalty, cost the consumer a whole lot less, and be available at a click around the globe. A download onto Kindle or iPad eliminates physical product and its shipping.

Look at the effort Americans and the British must go through to read RED SNOW. Importing physical product. If it were an e-book, they'd have it as soon as a Canadian.

Now we watch Kindle and iPad and others battle it out to determine what will dominate the market.
Slade

Ah yes . . . the digital age is here - but that doesn't necessarily mean the demise of a print book . . there will always be a demand for them as well. But I don't see myself buying an iPad anytime soon. It's too big and bulky . . . the same with the Kindle and the Nook . . . none of these devices is ergonomically a natural reading device . . I want something that I can read in bed . . that isn't tiring to hold and doesn't make a crease across my face if I fall asleep while I'm reading it . . . :roll: :twisted:
And I already have that with my iTouch . . . it's small enough to put in my purse or pocket and very easy to haul around. And I don't see that happening with the iPad . . .

And as for that comment about it being cheaper for the consumer . . . I don't see that happening as long as greed rules the marketplace. I've seen a disturbing trend of late that is popping up when I view books available in eformat . . backlogs of author's books being redistributed in eBook format at a price consistent with a hardback copy of the same title . . . which doesn't cost the publisher any money in lost sales, printing or storage of the book. And I for one refuse to pay these outrageous prices for something I could buy more cheaply in a paperback edition . . . pricing for eBooks should be somewhere along the same as paperbacks or slightly less . . . Only time will tell what the public is willing to spend for this price gouging.
:shock: :evil:
Judy

SLADE AND JUDY - Red Snow Hardcover

Postby chaos-consultants » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:58 am

SLADE AND JUDY ......

Oh my goodness. I don't know if I want to cry, band my head against the wall or just give up...... As a Canadian I know that I have a voice and If I want my friggin Hardcover I will shout it from the goddamn rooftops....

Slade.. What do we need to do as a blogosphere of a whopping 250 odd members to tell those non-flight bird publishers of yours that we WANT OUR HARDCOVERS...... and if that don't work who is willing to do a limited???

heheh - Chaos/John

Call me want you want, but don't call me a saint....
"It's worked so far but we're not out yet" - Information Society (Star Trek)
chaos-consultants

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!