What to do with Mephisto!?

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

What to do with Mephisto!?

Postby TheProfile » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:18 am

Dear Friends,

First off Hello this is my first post so I figured I go big with it.
The question What to do with Mephisto? or more to the point how to kill him.
of course I woud never tell Mr.Slade how to write I just want to see some ideas on the subject here mine

Robert Declercq should simply (of course after much tracking down and confronting) Shoot him in the head (twice to be sure.). Illegal yes. brutish and unintelligent no. for the only answer to complete insanity is cold hard logic. This may be against his every fiber of being but Declercq is a man of Logic. (I favor this end over any. no big showdown. Not even a Rachenbach falls, just end it. ) of course that’s my feelings. I feel that these stories in my mind are about the idea that in the light of logic and reason: evil, insanity and crime can not stand or win.

on a less fancy note I like the Idea of Special X having a Great white Whale to hunt but there are more things I hate about it then like. my biggest fear is that Slade will keep writing for many a year and pull an Ed Mcbain. I can not tell you how much it kills me to know that Ed Mcbain is dead and The Deaf man is still at large. Please let this not happen Please.

please share you thought on my idea or your own or better yet both
TheProfile

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:55 am

Welcome The Profile..

thats too easy...
We need another court case. Mephisto defending himself..
But with an ace or two up his sleeve...
Like where is the proof of what he has done?
Anybody he has used, at arms length, doesn't know him, or is dead..
except stopwatch..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby i.am.sladist » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Welcome to the forum ...

I like it. But I don't.
I like to cold brutality that we all know is within DeClercq when push comes to shove. However I agree with DT. As an esquire (I like that term!) I'd be very interested to see how Mr Slade would present the case against Mephisto, and in turn how Mephisto would defend himself. You know he would, defend himself. That could play out very well in a book. Perhaps after Mephisto manages to get himself off the hook ... then ... then DeClercq could hunt him down and kill him.

And yes, two shots to the head. Always, just to be sure. We've all learned that lesson!
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby raasnio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:22 am

I have no real opinions on whether Mephisto stays long term or doesn't. He's my favorite nemesis of Special X, but I don't see how I could do better than the man who created him.

I do think that having a book that centers around a court case would be interesting. I think that we've seen, especially with the last 4 books, that Slade is willing to mix things up a bit. I can't wait to see where he takes us next.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby krista in ma » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 am

I'd like to see something completely "WTF?" happen to him. Shake things up abit. Maybe he'll be eaten by a shark while vacationing off of South Africa. Or be crushed when a high-rise window washing thingy malfunctions and falls on him.

:P

Edited to add ~ Welcome aboard TheProfile!
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby AndyC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:27 pm

I suppose if Slade went the traditional route, Mephisto would be killed by his own scheme backfiring on him. DeClercq, honourably and professionally, would have given Mephisto ample warning and even made a valiant attempt to save the villain's life.

Might be too much of a cliche though. Not as much as deClercq doing a Sherlock Holmes and sacrificing himself to defeat his enemy, although that would be shocking just the same.
AndyC

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeah always wondered about a niagara falls scene..
but to cliche.

But then we should stop this thread, as one of us might stumble upon it by accident..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby El Moron » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 am

Dreab Trawets suggested a open court case.

Brilliant idea, I say. After the court case in " Evil Eye" and " Hangman" that left the reader " hooked" ( or 'hanged' I should say) on the goings-on in a courtroom, I can definitely say that Mephisto on trial would prove to be one of the most entertaining moments in the series. Through my profession, ( law enforcement ) I've testified in court numerous times, and can only describe it as " a dramatical gong show."

Maybe we need to get " The Vulture" aka Vic Knight, to work for the defense?
El Moron

Postby Sabaism » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

Every great detective, brilliant or something similar, NEEDS a worthy opponent. To get rid of him, in my eyes, would be ridiculous.

Though of course that is kind of a standard now. On t.v. shows and the like. So for Mr. Slade to get rid of him, would actually work. In Mr. Slade's universe.

Just so long as it's not cheap ending of the problem.
Sabaism

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Holy Crap!!! Haven't seen you around here in ages. Welcome back to the board, Sabaism! :D
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Return to Sladists Welcome!