Collecting Resource

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Collecting Resource

Postby e_taylor » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 am

Hey guys,

I haven't been around for a while, as I've been finishing up my Master's degree (3 weeks left!).

Anyways, for a web design class I had to create a website so I took advantage of the opportunity to create a collecting guide for Slade's works.

Temporarily, its being hosted on the school's server, here: http://www.imc.uwo.ca/~etaylor/

If you guys don't mind, can you go through and look for any spelling, grammar, content or design issues you see? (I already spotted the 13 Horrors Lettered edition error and will fix it up tomorrow some time).

Also, Slade and Phoise... if you want this on the main site, let me know and I can send the files!

Hope everyone is well!
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby SidJinks » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 am

In the second paragraph of the introduction it says royal mounted canadian police, it should be royal canadian mounted police. Again in the third paragraph the acronym RMCP is used where it should be RCMP. Nice Site! Thank you for sharing and I hope this helps. Those were the only errors I noticed well looking through your entire website.
The Grave Worm said, sucking on a joint and handing Saxon the shovel.
SidJinks

Postby e_taylor » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:19 am

SidJinks wrote:In the second paragraph of the introduction it says royal mounted canadian police, it should be royal canadian mounted police. Again in the third paragraph the acronym RMCP is used where it should be RCMP. Nice Site! Thank you for sharing and I hope this helps. Those were the only errors I noticed well looking through your entire website.

Wow! Terrible mistake! Fixing it right now - thanks!
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 am

My eyes are too spinny from working all day on Slade's and Jack Whyte's MySpace pages, but it looks good.

What does the 'Unique' category of books mean?

I wonder if Slade would want a link to your site on his MySpace page?
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Mbwun wrote:My eyes are too spinny from working all day on Slade's and Jack Whyte's MySpace pages, but it looks good.

What does the 'Unique' category of books mean?

I wonder if Slade would want a link to your site on his MySpace page?

I think I explain it in the Value Chart page - basically an association copy, one with a lengthy inscription, maybe dated on the day of publication - that sort of thing.

And I'm happy to let Slade use it wherever he'd like - but the current location is only temporary and will probably be gone in about six weeks.
e_taylor

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:31 pm

I'd have to get Slade's approval to put it in anyhow - and Slade is REALLY busy these days.

There's some great information on your site though. But why no information on the 1st edition Ripper North American mass market paperback?

I've taken over administration of Slade's MySpace, and have been fixing it up lately. I found out yesterday that you can add any number of this module called an HTML Box. You can give this box any label you want, so I used it yesterday to replace the Interests, and Blurbs modules - which I thought weren't all that appropriate for an author's page.

I just transferred the information from those modules into several separate modules, and gave them a much more appropriate title. What do you think:

http://www.myspace.com/386177519

I'm going to do work on fixing up the purchasing table at the bottom some time later this week.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby e_taylor » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Mbwun wrote:I'd have to get Slade's approval to put it in anyhow - and Slade is REALLY busy these days.

There's some great information on your site though. But why no information on the 1st edition Ripper North American mass market paperback?

Sam reason I don't have the TPB of Crucified - in my mind (which was the basis for the site) a hardcover trumps a paperback and the only time a paperback is collectible is in the absence of a hardcover edition.

The Myspace page is looking good!
e_taylor

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 pm

It looks like the trip I made to the Surrey International Writers Conference last fall to get all my Slade novels signed was a very profitable venture.

Certainly increases the value of some of them by a considerable margin.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby krista in ma » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Congratulations on finishing up your Master's degree Eric!

Very nice looking website and information! I think I might have 2 or 3 books that are worth some value, although I don't plan on parting with them any time soon.
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Re: Collecting Resource

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:56 am

I found a paperback copy of Ghoul today with this cover art:

And it's one that Slade himself has had his hands on, as inside it is signed in this way:

For the R.C.M.P.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Final guess whodunit by page 343.
Slade

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Return to Sladists Welcome!