Sladists Unite!

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby steelclaw32 » Thu May 26, 2005 8:52 am

Mapmakerns wrote:Hi Everyone, I'm Mapmaker ... an east coaster & loyal Slade fan from the moment Headhunter first it the bookstores ... I'm new to the board, and haven't found my way around any too much but hope to become a regular contributor as time goes on.

A very warm welcome to us Sladists, I've been Sladisted since 1985, with the paperback release of "star'' HeadhunteR and never looked back and it will happpen to you :twisted: .

You'll meet ALL kinds of lads and ladies good and bad , you'll decide which.

But one thing is WE'RE all nice and and Jay does come to this site and is bloody damn interreasting in whatever he says; hey he did say to you , and he meant it too, "Welcome Mapmaker, and anyone else I may have missed while away from the Board. The more, the merrier. "

ENJOY 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby Mapmakerns » Thu May 26, 2005 5:19 pm

steelclaw32 wrote:A very warm welcome to us Sladists, I've been Sladisted since 1985, with the paperback release of "star'' HeadhunteR and never looked back and it will happpen to you :twisted: .

You'll meet ALL kinds of lads and ladies good and bad , you'll decide which.

But one thing is WE'RE all nice and and Jay does come to this site and is bloody damn interreasting in whatever he says; hey he did say to you , and he meant it too, "Welcome Mapmaker, and anyone else I may have missed while away from the Board. The more, the merrier. "

ENJOY 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to you all for the welcome ... and as I stated Steelclaw32, I've been a loyal follower of Slade and the X-ploits of those in Red Serge since the first release of Headhunter ohhh so long ago ...

I was so enthralled by Slades first tale that I actually sent a paperback copy to my brother-in-law who was working in Africa at the time the pulp's came out ... another copy went to my brother in Chicago ... I challenged them to make their way through "Horseman" then into "What's Up Doc" and let me know "who done it? " ... they like me were well baffled .. although when looking back now and reading the tale once more the clues were there to be found ... if you only knew where to look ...

As for looking back ... I'm presently doing just that as I wait for the release of SWASTIKA ... an apple a day may keep the Dr away, but a Slade a week should bring November that much quicker ...
Mapmakerns

Postby EZ Rhino » Thu May 26, 2005 10:59 pm

"since the first release of Headhunter ohhh so long ago ... "

CRIKEY! How long has it been since Headhunter was released? Could somebody do the math for me? I need to go and take my Geritol.....
EZ Rhino

Postby Starra » Thu May 26, 2005 11:44 pm

EZ Rhino wrote:CRIKEY! How long has it been since Headhunter was released? Could somebody do the math for me? I need to go and take my Geritol.....

2005 - 1985 = 20

Twenty years, and I only heard of them 10 months ago.
Starra

Postby raasnio » Fri May 27, 2005 12:30 am

Better late than never, Starra. :D
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri May 27, 2005 6:50 am

2005 - 1985 = 20

Twenty years, and I only heard of them 10 months ago.

May I ask WHERE were you then?!. Oh bloody hell do catch up old girl, or you'll miss out A G A I N !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby Starra » Fri May 27, 2005 7:11 am

Well, in 1985 I was 11 years old. I don't believe it was available in my public school library.

After I hit high school, I didn't read any fiction other than what was assigned to us in class. I'm still not a fan of fiction. I tend to avoid it like the plague. But I like Slade's and Kathy Reich's books because they happen, at least marginally, in cities where I've lived, and know the geography. They have an element of "real" that I've not found in any other forms of fiction.
Starra

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri May 27, 2005 7:54 am

You read Kathy Reich's books :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Now I know your doomed. You poor girl. :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Here I Am (Again!)

Postby Judy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:15 pm

It's fun being able to re-invent yourself . . . something that doesn't happen very often in this life. So . . . here goes . . .

I'm Judy and I live in Calif. USA
I'm 59 and have worked as a Reg. Nurse for the past 35 yrs.
Have been a rabid Sladist for so long that I can't remember when I first read HEADHUNTER . . . I have read all the offerings and recommended them many times to others
I prefer mystery and horror stories but have eclectic tastes and read many other authors . . . lately I've rediscovered books on CD and find that I can listen much faster than I can read . . . it also allows me to be multi-tasking - as I love to listen to a good book while I'm working on one of my other favortie past-times . . . cross-stitching . . . and indulging myself in one of my other favorite things . . . drinking tea. :D

Love the new format, Eric
Last edited by Judy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Judy

Postby raasnio » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:06 pm

A rabid Sladist, eh? Welcome aboard. :twisted: :D
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Slade » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:48 pm

Judy,

I wondered where you went.

Welcome back.

Slade
Slade

Postby specialx » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:57 pm

Hi Judy!

Glad to see you.

Eric
specialx
Site Admin

Postby LivingDeadGirl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:08 am

Hello everyone,

I am really new to these boards. I just stumbled upon them this past weekend, so sorry Mbwun for the lateness but I hope you had a very nice b-day!

I just turned 40 in February. I am single, never been married, don't think I ever will be--I don't believe that there is someone for everyone and as much as I like people and enjoy them, I am quite comfortable on my own. But I do love men, they make life so interesting. I have never had children, that's why my cousin's had kids so that I can borrow them, sugar them up and then pack them back off to Mom and Dad. I do not have any brothers or sisters.

I have been a travel agent for the past 10 years. I was going to school to be a medical transcriptionist, but I decided after all the classes that I really didn't want to do that for a living.

I am a Texas native.

I love reading (mostly horror) but I will read anything except fo romance novels and I prefer male authors to females. My most favorite author of all time is Robert Ludlum, with Michael Slade coming in right behind him. I am a voracious reader. To me the perfect day is a day off when I can cuddle up on the couch and read until my eyes hurt.

I work to keep me in my habits of books and music. I love to travel all over the country and catch concerts in great cities and wonderful venues. I have a lot of friends who are musicians.

Regarding music, I am a die-hard jazz fan. I love Contemporary Jazz, Fusion and some of the newer acid jazz. I adore Michael Franks, Jeff Lorber, the Rippingtons, Bobby Caldwell, Eric Marienthal, Tommy Emmanuel, Dave Koz, Steve Cole, Brian Culbertson, and David Sanborn to name just a few. But I have been a music fan since I was in the crib so I really love all kinds of music. My new "favorite" is World Music. You can learn so much about a culture from their music and even if you can't understand the words the music has a way of talking to you. My new musical obsession (since the late 80's) have been the Gipsy Kings, I would follow them all over the world if I didn't have to work.My favorite local band: The Brew, they play Jazz and Salsa)

I enjoy traveling and photography and anything Egyptian (like this amazing Egyptian Vocalist Amr Diab). I collect pyramids.

I could live on chocolate, coffee (cappuccino/latte), rice, salt , water and potato chips, who needs the government's food pyramid?

My favorite adult beverage: Cosmopolitan, hands down winner.

My favorite movies: Silence of the Lambs, Seven, Psycho, The Godfather I & II, Jaws, Die Hard, The Usual Suspects, The Professional.

Favorite Actors: Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins, Kevin Spacey, Al Pacino, Bruce Willis, Olivier Martinez and Javier Bardem to name a few.

It is so nice to meet all of you and to find out how much we have in common.
Pleasure is the child of pain
LivingDeadGirl

Postby LivingDeadGirl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:09 am

Oops, sorry I forgot the most important thing--My name is Laura
Pleasure is the child of pain
LivingDeadGirl

Postby krista in ma » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:33 pm

LivingDeadGirl wrote:Oops, sorry I forgot the most important thing--My name is Laura

welcome to the boards Laura. enjoy!
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!