Sladists Unite!

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby specialx » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:05 pm

Hi LivingDeadGirl!

Welcome to the board!

Specialx
specialx
Site Admin

Postby Slade » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:54 pm

Sladists,

Unless my eyes deceive me and the Member's List is wrong, FAOMAO is back!

Long time, no see.

Can Axe be far behind?

Slade
Slade

Postby kit » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:00 pm

Holy crud!!! Why do we always "lose" aXe?? Slippery sort, isn't he?

Anyhoo, my name is Kit....I've been lurking around whenever I can, been kinda busy this summer...a wedding and it's theater season.

I'm 46 yrs old, live in ND, married with 3 children: son-26,daughter-22 (soon to be married-Aug 5th) and the youngest, a daughter-9.
I work in LTC (long term care), nursing department. That is my job, it feeds my face and puts a roof over my head, yada, yada......but my love is the theater, mainly the technical stuff -- Ideally, I sew costumes. And do set work....and make-up.....and help the children with choreography....and find the duct tape,ect. This is the 25th year of the Community Theater -- both the children's and the adults -- we finished THE WIZARD OF OZ(60 kids,130 costumes). We now are onto GREASE-- it's work, but we have so much fun -- it doesn't seem so.
I love going to thrifty and vintage stores, fabric warehouses(I'm the one upside down in the remnant bin, busy digging through fabric looking for the ultimate treasure) Have been known to go dumpster diving, curb shopping, ect --no, we are not homeless-- just find treasure in the most unusual places is all and a really good "find" can make my day.

The wedding is coming together, been busy putting stuff together for that. I plan to kick up my heels and celebrate......and here's why.

I'm writing this part, not for sympathy, but as something to rejoice.......In June, I had a heart attack, I've been through, fear, denial,and actual affrontery: like..."How dare I get a heart attack, I'm not that old, for Christ's sake!!!" Having a type A personality, carrying too much weight, smoking, heavy on the salt, and thinking that work was enuf excercise (it can get physical) is totally beside the point. HA!!

So, I've started working on it all, especially, the way I think. I figure there's no way I can cut everything out "cold turkey" --that would last -- 1-2 days tops. Martyr, I am not, can't even pretend to be one.
I decided to stop waiting for SOMEDAY -- that is a BIGGIE, for me.

For those of you, that know me from the old board.....when I got bitch slapped upside the head, I stayed down for awhile....thought I better pay attention, instead of mouthing off. And everyday above ground is just a little sweeter. kit
kit

Postby Slade » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:16 pm

kit,

Your voice is missed on the Board. I have always considered you to be one of the mainstays. Sorry to hear about your health troubles, but glad to see that you have adapted so quickly to the new reality. I mentioned aXe (he's been gone so long that I forgot how to write his name - the "special X") - but that's just because he's...well, aXe, and that's the established query. However, I feel the same way about each member of the Old Gang.

Take care, and write "home" often,

Slade
Slade

Postby raasnio » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:35 pm

Good to hear from you, kit. Sounds like you are turning things around. :)
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby j » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:53 am

Hey kit! Good to have you back around here.

Little changes made slowly add up to great benefits down the road, don't they? But what do you mean work isn't enuf exercise??? :shock: (remember, I know what your job can entail) :wink:

Enjoy every day!

j
j

Postby Rush_Grrl » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:05 pm

Kit!

I had wondered where you had been! Welcome baaacck! We have been quite busy here.

Sorry to hear about your event in June but I am glad you are making the best out of it.

Take care and see you soon!

Rush Grrl
Rush_Grrl

Postby kit » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:58 am

Hey,
I've really missed you all and I definitely see you've been busy.
Joc: I'm back to work on "light duty", I wore my podometer to work, logged on 4.75 miles the first shift back -- thought you might get a kick outta that!

thanks for the well wishes from the rest of you.

and Slade: I kinda miss aXe myself -- think of him whenever I see a bottle of Lea and Perrins original woo-choo-choo sauce (so pronounced for us people that turn Worchestershire into a sentence instead of one word)
I was reading about the "secret" and thinking how much he probably would've enjoyed throwing comments in and adding to the debate.

As it is ...... the bar hasn't been lowered .....it just keeps getting better and better as new members join . kit
kit

Postby j » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:41 am

kit,

"light duty" my @$$!!! Like I said... what do you mean work isn't enuf exercise? Okay, so maybe you're not doing the strength training but you're certainly getting your aerobic workout! :lol:

j
j

Postby Mafus » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:52 pm

I've been afraid to participate in this thread for fear that aXe would come in and tell me to shut up because I was boring him to death. Now, I realize, I would love for him to do that. If you're out there, aXe, come 'n' git me!

My real name is Matt Wieringo. I live in Richmond, VA and work in the Studio department of the largest ad agency in town. If you've ever wanted to throw a can of beer through your TV set because a commercial for GEICO, UPS or Hanes just interrupted your football game, it's our fault. If you've read my posts, you know that I'm a comicbook and TV freak. In fact, comics are my first love and I always wanted to draw them for a living. My brother Mike made it. I didn't. That's okay. I'm married to the lovely Suzanne and am very happy spending my days irritating the average TV viewer.

My wife is often baffled by my love of all things sick and twisted (in fiction, anyway) and refuses to watch horror movies with me. After meeting Slade at HorrorFind, however, she fell in love with him and has been trying valiantly to read his books, though they scare her terribly.

Can't wait until the next gathering of Sladists. I owe a few of you some drinks and at least one of you breakfast.
"I know you gentleman have been through a lot but, when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter...TIED TO THIS @#%&ING COUCH!!!"
Mafus

Postby vlad » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:44 am

Just a quick introduction: I'm a 38 yr old, married male, father of one newborn, located in north-central Saskatchewan. I recently became reacquainted with Slade's work (specifically Bed Of Nails) while watching over my wife in the hospital last week. Upon her release, I decided to check if there was a site on the web devoted to him and was pleasantly surprised to find this forum. For now I'll just do a bit of lurking and familiarize myself with the place. Goodbye for now.
vlad

Postby raasnio » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:56 pm

Welcome to the forums, vlad.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby moonflee » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:24 am

Welcome vlad!

Lurk away.
Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby Slade » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:40 am

Welcome to the Board, Vlad.

Slade
Slade

Postby steelclaw32 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A very warm welcom aboard Vlad old man, you're in for the ride of your life. You lucky man you, and hearty congrats to you and your better half, another baby Sladist to the ranks.
:
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!