Who would you pick to play?

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Mbwun » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:34 pm

I think these two would make a good Robert and Genevieve:

Marion Cotillard, and Lambert Wilson
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:12 am

Well, since it would appear that the film is probably a no-go at this point, I propose we turn the thread into simply a discussion of who we think may have been suitable for a role.

In that case, I think this actress may have made for a good Susanna, since she's a bit old to be playing Katherine Spann. But I think she may have made a good Katherine Spann too.

Charlotte Sullivan: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0838000/

Google image search results
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:13 am

And Victor Webster may have made for a good Rick Scarlet:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005543/

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Still think a T.V. series of Ghoul would kick start the film... or set them in Britain as T.V series...

Ghoul in London...
Headhunter in Edinburgh
Ripper on the islands of Scotland...

I think that would kick start film..
You have Special x team set in Britain... A serial killer squad.....funding from T.V. companies.. tax breaks, and let's face it, Britain does have the best set of dramas going in the last decade or so, and thanks to Michael Grade BBC now have decent competition from ITV.

So any T.V. producers out their... you did Messiah.. waking the dead.. spooks / M.I.5 etc..

Let's show how it could be done..
Then export it back to them...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:00 pm

Yeah, Simon and I both had great trepidations about making films of the books. Too much would have to be lost to fit it into the time constraints.

Plus, to be honest, neither one of us were the least bit impressed by the film, THE DARK HOURS. So, having the person who wrote the script for it, doing the script for the HEADHUNTER film didn't exactly fill us with a whole lot of hope.

And, all things being equal, I'm not sure I'd really want Patrick Lussier to be directing a film made of any of the books either. I'm not really all that impressed by his body of work. Would much prefer the likes of a Christopher Nolan to get his hands on the films, after seeing what he did with INSOMNIA.

I'd much prefer the films to be in the vein of gripping thrillers, rather than horror fests, a la MY BLOODY VALENTINE.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby TwiztdFidgt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Nolan would be SO much better (in my opinion). I completely agree with you there.
Lawyer: "Any suggestions as to what prevented this from being a murder trial instead of an attempted murder trial?"
Witness: "The victim lived."
TwiztdFidgt

Re: Who would you pick to play?

Postby marcd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 pm

An idea for Declerq...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0399088/

Seen him to both comedy and drama & well he is French Canadian to boot.
marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

Postby marcd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 pm

For Joe..this man would fit the bill...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0784884/
marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

Postby Mbwun » Wed May 28, 2014 9:04 pm

What do you think of the idea of ROOKIE BLUE's Missy Peregrym to play Jenna Bond?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1335291/?ref_=rvi_nm

Missy is the daughter of the pastor of my parent's Church. That's the Church that hosts the Ukrainian banquet every Christmas. The first couple of times I attended the banquet, she acted as one of the servers, along with her mother and sisters.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Cawdorgraves » Sat May 31, 2014 4:37 am

I had always envisioned Gabriel Burne as DeClerq and Monica Belluci would be beautiful as his wife. If only she were a red head I would suggest Connie Britton.
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Previous

Return to Sladists Welcome!