Who would you pick to play?

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Ewan Mcgregor.....

Not comedic per se, but can play a range of roles and accents.
Hayden Christensen is another one....

Steve Carell is another one i have just thought of..

John Leguizamo
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby i.am.sladist » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Forget Steve Carell, he will forever and always be Michael Scott to me ...
I like Ewan McGregor. I'm thinking Johnny Depp. He could pull off total psycho.
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby Vcela » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:19 pm

I just saw an "evilest actors" list recently and the two who stand out for Mephisto's role are Jason Isaacs and Danny Huston. I like the former.

If you want to cast against type but remain believable then choose Tom Hanks or Leo Dicaprio. Maybe Edward Norton. No budget for that.

If you really want to through people for a loop then get Will Smith hahaha. But I guess that is going too far.

But if you insist on handsomeness then I think you're pretty much stuck with Christian Bale or Hugh Jackman.

and I like David Suchet for Leclerq
Vcela

Postby krista in ma » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:32 am

marcd wrote:Here's somebody that I thought would be good for Mephisto: Crispin Glover.
Saw him interviewed recently and he owns a castle and how perfect would that library be set in a castle overseas!

Crispin Glover gives me the willies (will never get over the creepy trailer for "Willard") ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTOppsw9Gs

For whatever reason, that name made me think of Cillian Murphy ~
I'm not even sure what 1/2 the characters are supposed to look like anymore.... but I think he is pretty good looking, with a hint of evil lurking behind his face ~

Another character I've been thinking about for Headhunter is Rick Scarlett and I'm wondering if Quinn from Dexter would be a good fit? Played by Desmond Harrington ~
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby AndyC » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:28 am

For some reason, I just thought of Tom Welling as Mephisto. He's in his early 30s, good looking and has spent the past decade playing probably the ultimate nice guy, Clark Kent. And he's got a face that can do sweet and innocent as well as hard and menacing. He's a decent actor. I wonder what he'd do with a serious villain role.
AndyC

Postby Slade » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Good suggestions!
Slade

Postby PohlSE » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm

As a fan of Smallville I have to say Aye to Tom Welling as Mephesto!

He has played evil and/or paranoid several times during the series (as Bizzaro or infected by red and silver Kryptonite) and was excellent at it. It's particularly effective with the nice-guy look he has.
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Mbwun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:20 pm

After seeing the episode of DALZIEL AND PASCOE that aired over the past two Fridays on Knowledge, I'd have to say that James D'arcy would probably make for a good Mephisto too.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0195439/
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby TwiztdFidgt » Wed May 05, 2010 2:31 pm

This thread is getting so long, I can't remember all the suggestions, but I was watching Sherlock Holmes last night and I was thinking about Robert Downey Jr. as Robert Declercq. If he could pull off a French accent I think I would enjoy seeing him play DeClerq, plus I could see him together with my choice for Mephisto, Christian Bale.
Lawyer: "Any suggestions as to what prevented this from being a murder trial instead of an attempted murder trial?"
Witness: "The victim lived."
TwiztdFidgt

Postby El Moron » Thu May 20, 2010 9:32 pm

First of all, just joined the site, although I have been a fan of Slade for years. Don't know why I took so long to register. My bad.
Anyway, I'm thinking Robert De Niro as DeClerq. He's got the look, the "authority but not an jerk" profile, and he is quite an excellent actor. I think he would play Declerq flawlessly.
As for Mephisto, I keep thinking Kevin Spacey.
He can shave his head, a look Mephisto had in " Death's Door" and not look too goofy. Also, we know from his performances in " Seven" and " The Ususal Suspects" that this man can play a character so good you'll be shocked when you find out who he really is. ( Just like Mephisto.)
El Moron

Postby El Moron » Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm

And yes, I know I chose big-budget actors, who ususally command big $$$, but hey, it's HEADHUNTER.
A man can dream.
El Moron

Postby Athena » Mon May 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Hmmm....some interesting choices here, but here's my two cents worth....Duncan Regehr for DeClerq and Bob Goldberg for Mephisto. I know Goldberg's a "wrestler", but he was excellent in "Santa Slays". As for Duncan Regehr, maybe he'd do better as Zinc Chandler. How about Nicholas Campbell for DeClerq? He's a little bit strange, but I'm sure he could restrain his oddness :)
Athena

Postby El Moron » Mon May 24, 2010 5:26 pm

I like the "Goldberg" idea Athena.
Because pro wrestling is mostly "acting" I think some wrestlers-turned-actors might make good choices.
I can see Jesse " The Body" Ventura As the Mad Dog, one of my favorite characters. I loved him in "Predator" where he played a tough-as-nails marine. However, he's getting on his years, but he still acting. I keep thinking he would be perfect to play as everyone's favorite stripper-lovin, take-no-prisoners Mountie.
I just watched " Slither" ( brilliant movie, BTW) and I now have my choice for Al Flood: Michael Rooker.
He has played a lot of diverse roles, some of them as men with dysfunction. We all know Flood has his share of demons, ( " Why can't I stop thinking about these heads?") and Rooker is a great enough actor he could play the obsessed cop with ease.
I know he is a little older, and doesn't fit the phsyical look of Flood, as described in "Headhunter", but thats what makeup is for.
El Moron

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Another candidate for Katherine Spann:

Helena Mattsson

Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Apparently there are rumours that Vinnie Jones has been cast as The Kurgen in the Highlander remake, and Kevin McKidd as Connor McLeod.

Seeing as my first choice for Zinc would be Clancy Brown, but he's getting too old for the role now, how about Vinnie Jones as Zinc?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!