Who would you pick to play?

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby vlad » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:22 am

Bed Of Nails would make an awesome movie, but unfortunately it would be so explicit in terms of content [especially the, umm, Cthulhu reveal] that it would be rated NC-17 and face serious distribution and exhibition woes.
vlad

Postby Tautriadelta » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:48 am

Hello again everyone, back with another of my odd choices...he he he and this time it's my cast for Zinc
unfortunately i do not have a picture on hand of him so...i will ask you use your memory his name is Christian Kane...you might know him as Abe Wheeler on Into the West or Jack Chase in Close to Home or Lindsey MacDonald of Wolfram & Hart in Angel series. What do you guys think?
Tautriadelta

Postby krista in ma » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:51 am

Tautriadelta wrote:Hello again everyone, back with another of my odd choices...he he he and this time it's my cast for Zinc
unfortunately i do not have a picture on hand of him so...i will ask you use your memory his name is Christian Kane...you might know him as Abe Wheeler on Into the West or Jack Chase in Close to Home or Lindsey MacDonald of Wolfram & Hart in Angel series. What do you guys think?

i believe this is the gentleman you are thinking of...

i am sure they could do plenty with make up and all, but he just seems to young to me to play Zinc.
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby TBLightning492 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:46 pm

Mbwun wrote:And I still hold by the suggestion I made on the old message board that Clancy Brown would make for a great Zinc Chandler.

And I still agree 100%, Mbwun. I just finished watching HBO's Carnivale. That man is an amazing actor.

Mafus wrote:And, maybe, as Petra from BED OF NAILS, my favorite real-life superhot superfreak, Fairuza Balk

After seeing her in American History X I think she could pull off playing Petra. Whenever I pictured the character, I always saw Emily Deschanel or Claudia Black (despite having too square of a jaw).

The other day I was flipping through channels and watched a few moments of Desperate Housewives (you're right, Mafus, it's a decent show). Felicity Huffman as Gill Macbeth? Just a thought. She might not be old enough, though.
TBLightning492

Postby krista in ma » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:36 am

TBLightning492 wrote:
Mbwun wrote:And I still hold by the suggestion I made on the old message board that Clancy Brown would make for a great Zinc Chandler.

And I still agree 100%, Mbwun. I just finished watching HBO's Carnivale. That man is an amazing actor.

i have enjoyed watching him on "earth 2" which i bought recently :) i almost completely forgot - he was in "shoot to kill" which was a good one with sidney poitier.
krista in ma

Postby Presea » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:18 am

great taste, i think he could look the part, if he got scarred up slightly
Give in the the Danse.
blood.and.gold@hotmail.com
Presea

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:55 am

Damn my eyes your dead right Mbwun! lookng at the wonderful few episodes that I managed to recorded on Canada's Thanks Giving Day, and you you know you're
absolutely spot on. Fair play to you, and he's bolshie with it to. Good call that! 8-) :wink:

And krista, what about a certain Tim Curry :shock: :shock: .

Have a goosey (look) at some these pics.

Image That's him in real life :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Remember him as a VERY, VERY creepy bloke in....

True Danziger
Finally, there is True Danziger, John's pre-teen daughter. She is featured in episodes two, three and four in which Gaal, an exiled prisoner, seduces her with fatherly attention at a time when True feels neglected by Danziger, and she is especially jealous of Uly. Eventually she recognizes his evil intent and takes an active role in his destruction. Her role doesn't advance the series narrative much, but she does hold a place as one of several unusually strong female leads. She has an active curiosity and penchant for getting into trouble that is usually only afforded to boys on television. She is very bright, comfortable around tools and used to spending most of her time at her father's side as he works. Many fans found her irritating, but I suspect they would have had more tolerance for her willfulness had the character been written as a boy. Of course it doesn't help that the script calls for her issue several piercing screams in some of the early episodes.

Now Just what nefarious little bugger do you THINK he could play with such aplomb.

And for Earth 2 afficionados...

:

http://bailiwick.lib.uiowa.edu/earth2/earth2.au
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby Presea » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:58 am

Tim Curry is amazing. One of my absolute favourties! who do you think he shoudl play? i couldnt find it in the comment
Give in the the Danse.
Presea

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:34 am

Presea, I don't think he has, 'til now by me. But I do honestly think he'd do great justice if that's not a misnomer in and of itself! :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Tim Curry certainly creeped me out when was in Earth 2, he played that part particularly too close to the bone.
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby TBLightning492 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:38 am

Tim Curry is a gifted actor, that much is certain. Word has it that while filming Stephen King's It Tim Curry's characterization of Pennywise was so creepy and realistic that the rest of the cast avoided him during production.

I'm amazed at just how much he works as a voice actor these days. But then, he has one of those magical voices, that can breathe life into a character.

And Earth 2? I wish the SciFi Channel would just run a marathon already. Farscape was good, but Earth 2 was like Lost In Space meets The Outer Limits.

Earth 2 and Seaquest: DSV (before it got weird). Now there was a good way to spend an evening - until NBC played musical chairs with their schedules.
TBLightning492

Postby Presea » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:42 am

Tim curry also has such a fantastic range, from rocky horror picture show, to It, to childrens films. and i do agree, his voice is magic. In my opinion, I could see him as Declerq, becuase he is a lot older than Zinc Chandler.
Give in the the Danse.
Presea

Postby krista in ma » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:47 am

steelclaw32 wrote:And krista, what about a certain Tim Curry :shock: :shock: .

And for Earth 2 afficionados...

:

http://bailiwick.lib.uiowa.edu/earth2/earth2.au

Thanks for the link steelclaw! Now, I think we could find a part for Tim Curry....

<edited to add> not sure why that pic isn't showing up? it is a still from Rocky Horror...

I am thinking he would be better as one of the bad guys (not sure who exactly). He has this look sometimes, where he is smiling, but you know there could be something much more going on in his head, sinister perhaps?
krista in ma

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:50 am

hey krista in ma, your welcome! as to...
sometimes, where he is smiling, but you know there could be something much more going on in his head, sinister perhaps?
maybe he's trying to remember his lines!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But his performance on Earth 2 I think it was a four part arc story line, was truly horrific and left an acidy taste in the mouth and I mean for American TV he got away with murder by his insinuation/s. nuff said :shock:

:

Mephisto anybody?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Earth 2 was also known as planet G889. Seems that the governing body of the space stations, The Council, had sent hardcore criminals and Earth 2 was a penal colony.

Some penal colonists banded together and formed communities but Gaal survived alone. Gaal who joins the group with the explanation that he was an astronaut explorer lost on the planet for years however it doesn't take long for him to show his true colors. Gaal lied and said he was a member of Pontel 7 and befriends True trying to secure supplies.

Tim Curry - Gaal
:
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby Mafus » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:00 pm

I'm not sure how much acting experience he has, but this fella would be my choice to play the part of Kim Rossmo:

"I know you gentleman have been through a lot but, when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter...TIED TO THIS @#%&ING COUCH!!!"
Mafus

Postby Mafus » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:02 pm

And you're right, TBLightning, Felicity Huffman is a terrific choice for Gill. I can't believe I didn't think of that. She's my favorite actress on the show. You have a great future in casting!
"I know you gentleman have been through a lot but, when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter...TIED TO THIS @#%&ING COUCH!!!"
Mafus

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!