Who would you pick to play?

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby TBLightning492 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:54 pm

Mafus wrote:I'm not sure how much acting experience he has, but this fella would be my choice to play the part of Kim Rossmo:

That's a good idea, Mafus. Who better to play the part of a real life hero than the real life man himself?

Mafus wrote:And you're right, TBLightning, Felicity Huffman is a terrific choice for Gill. I can't believe I didn't think of that. She's my favorite actress on the show.

She is the best of the women, that's for sure. Felicity Huffman, for those who don't know who she is:

And in the event of Clancy Brown being retired from acting (which he has hinted to recently), what about Ray Stevenson for the part of Zinc?

TBLightning492

Postby Tautriadelta » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:39 am

mmm Krista in Ma,i see you mention Lindsay being too young but if my calculations are correct (correct me if i am wrong)but i believe Zinc was about 34 at the beginning of this wonderful universe that Micheal has created and Lindsay is right now 36 so he would be ok to be cast as Zinc in Ghoul...let me know what you think :D
Tautriadelta

Postby Mile » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:32 pm

would like to see Sean Bean play Zinc. He's always getting duffed over in the stuff he does. You just have to ignore the american films where they make him the baddie all the time.

And Patrick Stewart to play Declerq. (fluent in both English and French.)

If i can think of anymore Yorkshire Actors i will be sure to let you know.
She was like that when i found her, me lord.
Mile

Casting

Postby wmsimon » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:25 pm

Okay...I'm going to be showing my age here. BUT..these are the people I picture in my mind when I read any Special X novel:

Robert DeClerque: Richard Crenna (sadly, gone now)
Zinc Chandler: Robert Urich (maybe a cliche, but what the hell)
Gillian Macbeth: Gates McFadden (Crusher on ST: TNG)
Nick Craven: Kurt Russell
Eric Chan: Robert Ito (google him for a photo)
Jenna Bond: Felicity Huffman (I was a big fan of SPORTS NIGHT)

And for Jack Ohm: Harry Connick, Jr. (Any doubters, be sure and watch COPYCAT with Signourey Weaver before yelling..:) A wildly different character, but Connick could bring the required intensity to it.)
"As opposed to profiling serial killers and sexual predators, Writing is a Lonely and Depressing Profession...." Darin Morgan
wmsimon

Postby Cawdorgraves » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:42 pm

ok Kurt Russell just doesn't fit the scale of SLADE in my mind. I don't konw what it is about him but I can't give him a fair chance. Big Trouble in Lil China and all the John Carpenter LA/NY movies as Snake just don't allow me to take him seriously.

CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby krista in ma » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:56 pm

Tautriadelta wrote:mmm Krista in Ma,i see you mention Lindsay being too young but if my calculations are correct (correct me if i am wrong)but i believe Zinc was about 34 at the beginning of this wonderful universe that Micheal has created and Lindsay is right now 36 so he would be ok to be cast as Zinc in Ghoul...let me know what you think :D

Sometimes I forget that the characters don't age the same way that I do :) Maybe as a better way of explaination... He doesn't look like he has "lived" enough. In my minds eye - I expect Zinc to look like he has seen far too much, and lived too much for his years. Does that make any sense?
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby LivingDeadGirl » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:10 pm

I would love to see any of the Slade books on the big screen, anyone at all would be great me with. I think in a way, the movie might ruin the book because for me the best part of a book is using my imagination.

Me being me, my only request would be to cast Gary Oldman, since he does evil so well and he manages to look appealing and sexy while doing it. I love him like I love Slade so to me that would be a match made in heaven or hell!
Pleasure is the child of pain
LivingDeadGirl

Postby Slade » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:50 am

Sladists,

I've reached the conclusion - and so has Pink Slade - that the best person (if he can drop the Scottish accent) to play Zinc Chandler would be Gerard Butler. He has the bulk; he has the face; all he needs is the zinc gray hair.

The best example of him as Zinc is DEAR FRANKIE.

Slade
Slade

Postby Razorthroat13 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:47 am

Mad Dog Rabidowski - who else but Harvey Keitel?
Katherine Spann - This is difficult but Laura Linney pops into my head.
Razorthroat13

Postby e_taylor » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:29 am

I think a good person to play the part of Donella would be the girl who played the hooker in Land of the Dead, I can't think of her name right now. Also, I think it would be neat to get some rock and roll preformers in there, my brains asleep right now so I'm not sure what part, but I bet Alice Cooper would be willing to play a role for Slade.
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby GestaltAmigdula » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:37 pm

Brian Dennehy, I think, could play Mad Dog Rabidowski's role to a T. He's always seemed to be a "rough and tumble" type of guy when it comes to his acting.
There is distortion even in the play and dreams of children. -Robert Engler
GestaltAmigdula

Postby craftygal2 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:42 am

I definetly agree that Rossmo should play himself. Patrick Steewart? No way. People qould see as Picard or Xaviar. It would work. For Declerq, how about the fellow who played William Ricker on STNG? I like all the other picks.

Crafty
Dance like ... nobody is watch.
Sing like.... No one can hear.
Love like... You've never been hurt.
craftygal2

Postby Rush_Grrl » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:56 am

Razorthroat13 wrote:Mad Dog Rabidowski - who else but Harvey Keitel?
Katherine Spann - This is difficult but Laura Linney pops into my head.

Only if Harvey still had his body from Taxi Driver!!
Rush_Grrl

Postby Rush_Grrl » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:59 am

Slade wrote:Sladists,

I've reached the conclusion - and so has Pink Slade - that the best person (if he can drop the Scottish accent) to play Zinc Chandler would be Gerard Butler. He has the bulk; he has the face; all he needs is the zinc gray hair.

The best example of him as Zinc is DEAR FRANKIE.

Slade

Just when I thought this topic to be acceptable and had my epiphany that Nathan Fillion would do well in this part. Looks like he's out of luck!
Rush_Grrl

Postby craftygal2 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:50 pm

What about Gary Sinise (sp?)? I have always really like this fellow. He is in CSI, NY right now. What do you all think?
Dance like ... nobody is watch.
Sing like.... No one can hear.
Love like... You've never been hurt.
craftygal2

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!