SWASTIKA

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby TBLightning492 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:58 am

B&N is terrible about stocking F. Paul Wilson books. You'd have a better chance finding his titles at the local grocery store.

Speaking of which...

Why is it that B&N can sometimes not carry a single copy of a Slade book for months, but my neighborhood Kroger has a dozen copies of Swastika on their rack at any given time in the last five months? I ended up buying Preston/Child's Dance of Death at a grocery store because it was cheaper than a bookstore.
TBLightning492

Postby Slade » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:34 pm

"Following in the tradition of The Civil War, Baseball, and Jazz, Ken Burns's next multipart epic is on World War II—the seminal event of the twentieth century."
Slade

Postby Mafus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Forgive me if someone already posted about this, but I've not been keeping up with the board for a while...

Suzanne (who has not yet read SWASTIKA) and I were watching THE GOOD GERMAN the other night and when the name "Dora" popped up, I had the entire movie figured out. The movie covers a lot of the same ground that SWASTIKA did. At the first mention of "Dora", I popped out with, "Oh, Dora was the underground concentration camp, blah blah blah..." When that point eventually comes up in the film, Suzanne looked at me and said something like, "You're so smart!"

I let her think that for a while and then confessed where I got the info. So, thanks, Slade. You made me look good, even if it was for just a moment.
"I know you gentleman have been through a lot but, when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter...TIED TO THIS @#%&ING COUCH!!!"
Mafus

Postby Slade » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Mafus,

No doubt you noted all that recent UFO stuff in Texas, too?

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4142232&page=1

Slade
Slade

Postby PohlSE » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Fastest probe in the west, y'all!
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Slade » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:01 pm

PohlSE,

It's good to start the day with a laugh.

Draw, Pardner.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:26 pm

I ran across a much larger version of that foreign language copy of Swastika I posted here a while back, and have PMed specialx about having it added to the website's gallery section. I thought you all might like to see it in the mean time:

I can't remember what language we figured out it was though.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Mbwun,

Estonian.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Thanks Slade.

I've added that information to my PM.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:59 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/23/slave. ... index.html

"It's finally gotten to a point where the Army is coming to their senses after they had ignored us in the past," Acevedo said. "Why the silence all these years? It's time to recognize all these soldiers who sacrificed their lives."

Gee, you don't think it could be because those GIs endured exactly what that "hero" who developed the Pentagon's ballistic missile system and put America on the moon made 60,000 (with 20,000 dead) similar slave camp laborers endure to built his V-2 rockets, do you?
Slade

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:00 am

Hehe well said Slade. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Von Bron (spelling?) have something to do with the V11s, which in turn led many years later, to landing Man on the moon.?
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby e_taylor » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:19 pm

steelclaw32 wrote:Hehe well said Slade. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Von Bron (spelling?) have something to do with the V11s, which in turn led many years later, to landing Man on the moon.?

If I'm not mistaken, he was in charge of NASA after the war.
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Fair point there e_taylor, I knew he was in the mix somewhere. He worked
I'm sure on Hitler's bombs that tried to blow the Capital City of England off the face of the earth. Bastard.
If there is a hell that religious go on about. I Hope he's burning slowly on a spit again and a again..
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14572578

How a Jewish lawyer managed to annoy Hitler in court...
Very good read...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Previous

Return to Sladists Welcome!