[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - To THE GHOULS...

To THE GHOULS...

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Slade » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:46 am

MM,

Here's the reply from the WHC:

We have a block set for our attendees, and are speaking with the hotel, as someone else also seemed to have a problem booking. It may just be a situation that there is a glitch in the reservation system, when people try to go directly to the hotel site. We are checking up on this.

REPEAT: NO ONE BOOK UNTIL IT'S A GO. WE'RE STILL PLANNING.

Slade
Slade

Postby MarylandManson » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 am

Slade, glad to know the block is set.

MM
MarylandManson
co-administrator

Postby e_taylor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Closer inspection on my timetables reveals, that, if a number of "maybes" and rather large "ifs" fall into place I could attend!
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby Judy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 am

Oh My!!!! . . . decisions, decisions, decisions, . . . I wish I'd win the Lottery then I could afford to quit work and go on all of the great trips happening!!!! :lol: I'm supposed to be taking a cruise to Mexico that has already had it's dates chg'd and is now supposed to be happening in the middle of March 2009. And I only applied for a passport card instead of a reg passport . . . the laws are supposed to be changing sometime next year and the passport card isn't valid for air travel (and I'm still waiting to receive it!) . . . if I decided to come to the WHC I'd probably be flying - not driving . . . . I went to Minn. Int. last year . . . so at least I know THAT airport . . . :? But I would probably want to get the connecting flight into Canada from there . . . but now with all the extra fees for baggage plus the flux in fuel prices and ticket costs . . . I don't know if I'd be able to afford it. Plus I'd have to get my vacation request approved as well to get the time off and I won't even be able to apply until Jan. because they are changing how they are handling vacation requests next year.

I'd love to come Slade - but this would require a LOT of planning . . . . Keep me in the loop . . . :wink:
Judy

Postby moonflee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:00 am

Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:38 am

Is there any update about next year.. If hotels are not available any chance of camping nearby.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

The WHC . . . .

Postby Judy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Is there any further info on this possible gathering??? I may not be going on my cruise in March after all . . . they called me earlier today and announced more changes . . . now it's only 3 days instead of 4 and were not going to the same place . . . doesn't sound like they really want our business, I'm thinking. So I'm definitely thinking of canceling and getting my deposit back.

So . . . . that will give me time and money to make it to Winnipeg . . . but I'm definitely going to need a lot more info about this . . . . Oh Jay???? Can you give us some more info???? 8-) :lol:
Judy

Postby Slade » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

Judy,

Not until mid-September. A few pieces have to fall into place before it's a "Go."

Right now it's just a trial balloon.

Slade
Slade

Postby specialx » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:03 pm

specialx
Site Admin

Postby Slade » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Slade

Postby Judy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Well, I'm waiting with baited breath my friend . . . . I did decide to cancel my cruise after all . . . figured I could spend the money and get more bang for my buck in Canada . . . Hope this works out Jay. When I last looked at air fair from Sac International on Northwest to Winnipeg it was about $800-900 round trip.

With the economy going the into the toilet . . . who know's what next April will bring!!! :roll: :shock: :twisted:

And although I'm not in the loop of the original Ghouls . . . wish I could have been there (sigh!) I think this would be great fun . . . I might never get a chance to get to Canada again . . . so I'd better take advantage of it now. :lol:
Judy

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:22 pm

“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Slade

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm

steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:51 pm

dreab trawets

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!