To THE GHOULS...

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Slade » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:46 am

MM,

Here's the reply from the WHC:

We have a block set for our attendees, and are speaking with the hotel, as someone else also seemed to have a problem booking. It may just be a situation that there is a glitch in the reservation system, when people try to go directly to the hotel site. We are checking up on this.

REPEAT: NO ONE BOOK UNTIL IT'S A GO. WE'RE STILL PLANNING.

Slade
Slade

Postby MarylandManson » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 am

Slade, glad to know the block is set.

MM
MarylandManson
co-administrator

Postby e_taylor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Closer inspection on my timetables reveals, that, if a number of "maybes" and rather large "ifs" fall into place I could attend!
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby Judy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 am

Oh My!!!! . . . decisions, decisions, decisions, . . . I wish I'd win the Lottery then I could afford to quit work and go on all of the great trips happening!!!! :lol: I'm supposed to be taking a cruise to Mexico that has already had it's dates chg'd and is now supposed to be happening in the middle of March 2009. And I only applied for a passport card instead of a reg passport . . . the laws are supposed to be changing sometime next year and the passport card isn't valid for air travel (and I'm still waiting to receive it!) . . . if I decided to come to the WHC I'd probably be flying - not driving . . . . I went to Minn. Int. last year . . . so at least I know THAT airport . . . :? But I would probably want to get the connecting flight into Canada from there . . . but now with all the extra fees for baggage plus the flux in fuel prices and ticket costs . . . I don't know if I'd be able to afford it. Plus I'd have to get my vacation request approved as well to get the time off and I won't even be able to apply until Jan. because they are changing how they are handling vacation requests next year.

I'd love to come Slade - but this would require a LOT of planning . . . . Keep me in the loop . . . :wink:
Judy

Postby moonflee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:00 am

That's just a really bad time for me at work, but I'll look into it, I'd love to be able to go.
Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:38 am

Is there any update about next year.. If hotels are not available any chance of camping nearby.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

The WHC . . . .

Postby Judy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Is there any further info on this possible gathering??? I may not be going on my cruise in March after all . . . they called me earlier today and announced more changes . . . now it's only 3 days instead of 4 and were not going to the same place . . . doesn't sound like they really want our business, I'm thinking. So I'm definitely thinking of canceling and getting my deposit back.

So . . . . that will give me time and money to make it to Winnipeg . . . but I'm definitely going to need a lot more info about this . . . . Oh Jay???? Can you give us some more info???? 8-) :lol:
Judy

Postby Slade » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

Judy,

Not until mid-September. A few pieces have to fall into place before it's a "Go."

Right now it's just a trial balloon.

Slade
Slade

Postby specialx » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey friends!

My plan would be to attend starting Friday evening. As it is for everybody, it's still in the planning stage...would love to attend all 4 days, but I don't think that'd be possible...still have 6 months to see how doable this trip is...

But a reunion of the original Ghouls would be an absolute blast!! And that of a second generation of Ghouls too, who knows? And I'm only going if Jay's going!! So there lol!

Eric
specialx
Site Admin

Postby Slade » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:08 pm

specialx,

Because Winnipeg isn't a central air hub, it's not a "cheap fare route" for those outside Canada. We'll have to wait a bit for air fares to stabilize, and to see how the convention takes shape.

So, no one book anything yet.

Slade
Slade

Postby Judy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Well, I'm waiting with baited breath my friend . . . . I did decide to cancel my cruise after all . . . figured I could spend the money and get more bang for my buck in Canada . . . Hope this works out Jay. When I last looked at air fair from Sac International on Northwest to Winnipeg it was about $800-900 round trip.

With the economy going the into the toilet . . . who know's what next April will bring!!! :roll: :shock: :twisted:

And although I'm not in the loop of the original Ghouls . . . wish I could have been there (sigh!) I think this would be great fun . . . I might never get a chance to get to Canada again . . . so I'd better take advantage of it now. :lol:
Judy

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Yes I know I should be patient, and I am sitting on my hands BUT ANY NEWS!!
. returns are still 600 squid with iglu agency. unless I win the lottery then can air all the way....
I assume its to do with hotels.. but then as my headmaster told me..
"DON'T ASSUME ITS FUNNY TO SING OUT OF KEY BECAUSE YOU MAKE AN ASS OUT OF "U" AND ME"
When he said, " THERE IS NO I IN TEAM", I replied, " BUT THERE IS A ME"
Surprisingly spent a lot of time in detention's...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:50 pm

d.t.,

October will tell. Because Winnipeg's not on the beaten path, getting there can be expensive. At the moment, the world is going through financial turmoil, so let's see it shake down. Also, there are other Sladian pieces in play. Sorry to keep you hanging. Just keep your options open. If The Ghouls don't meet in Winnipeg, they'll meet somewhere else some other time. My favorite place would be Providence, Rhode Island.

Slade
Slade

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm

dreab trawets wrote:When he said, " THERE IS NO I IN TEAM", I replied, " BUT THERE IS A ME"
Surprisingly spent a lot of time in detention's...

God,! you were lucky mate, when some such similar thing happened to me trying to sit down was near painful.!!!
Detention, wow sounds like a holiday to me, lucky you.

Just between you and me dreab, did your headmaster have leather patches on his elbows.! :lol:

School days the happiest days (supposed) of your life!.... Do me a favour.!
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:51 pm

Did you go to boarding school, or just unlucky.

Mr Manley had the arm patches. He was my woodwork teacher.
Mr Allison was the guy who i had the conversation, Deputy Head, and the Cane maestro, until they banned it.

Different coloured detention slips as well.
And i made PREFECT.....
Miss the holiday periods, but not the school.

UNTIL NOW.
Looking back they were the best days.

Friends, and woods, and climbing, and day long cycle rides, down hills at speeds that any sane man would cringe at.

Do you remember WEDGIES. ATOMIC WEDGIES!!!

Only once did my pants come off, and then thrown onto the rugby posts.

Then i started wearing boxers.

Sorry, went all nostalgic then, my apologies to the forum...
dreab trawets

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!