Crucified???

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Postby Slade » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:47 am

steelclaw,

Yes, we must be careful when the switch occurs. Don't want all these golden words lost in cyberspace.

Good memory on HH. That was Blake.

Slade
Slade

Postby Hydebound » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:39 am

Please tell me this site will not lose any content. We might want to collect the "Seven Letter Word Game" into a limited edition volume someday. Just something to think about.
Hydebound

Postby Slade » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Hydebound,

This site will remain as is, subject to the usual cleanup of flash in the pan threads: those prompted by something happening at the moment, that "don't have legs," because they go nowhere. Eventually they clutter up the attic and make it hard to find things.

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:56 pm

ok.... how goes the new site.... have you got a beta we can try..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm

d.t.,

It's a lot of work, and will be finished soon. Not within days, but within weeks. You'll get to see it when the curtain pulls back. No opening of presents before Xmas (which doesn't mean it will be done by the 25th). Patience, please.

Clang...clang...clang...

That's the sound of construction.

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Thank you for the update.
I live by myself, and impatient when it comes to presents. I also like to know a game plan for months in advance. So am waiting with baited about WHC or my idea of Friday March 13th in a certain State of America, for a certain birthday on the 15th march...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Slade just as an aside, are there any downloading side issues as in does it download too slowly just asking as it's beta I usually find, sometimes, a bit iffy at times. I'm silghtly wary of beta. As in: "all that glitters is not gold."
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Clang...clang...clang...
Also the sound of nails into a cross, from a certain book...
Have you checked the reviews on line yet...????
dreab trawets

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Dreab which site.? And is is it in the negative.? If so why.?
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby Slade » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:49 pm

d.t.,

I will soon, to make a list of Slade's Disciples.

Right now, the climax of # 14, keeping an eye on the Board, and constructing the new Website has most of my work focus. Then I shut down and escape into Film Noir.

Being scattered gets nothing done.

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

It never pays to rush, and split yourself into too many pieces, as some might get lost. I notice that Slade-tube has calmed down as well. Just to wet the appetite Spooks season 7 has just finished, and damn the bbc have done it again. Build it up, keep you hanging till the end, then leave you there....
STEELY, goto Amazon, various, and any other book sites, look for Crucified, and type away....
Trying to get on Amazon.fr, but you have to buy something with Amazon to leave feedback / review...
Last edited by dreab trawets on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreab trawets

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks for that dreawb. I usually find Amazon a big hit and miss, and more times more an excuse for "reviewers" to let rip, prefer book (in newspapers) ones proper of sorts, at least some of them know of Slade.
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby Slade » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Hoards do get found in the walls of Holy Land buildings:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/12/ ... index.html
Slade

Postby steelclaw32 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Bloody fantastic that, thanks for that Slade. :D
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby EZ Rhino » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Slade's work is better the second time around. I just read Crucified for the second time and I found that I was able to comprehend everything much better on the second go. Whenever a new Slade book comes out, when I get a chance to pick it up, I burn through it in a white heat of feverish page turning. I miss some things the first time around.

What really gets to me sometimes is just how brutal people can be, especially to one another over the smallest things. Damn...
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!