[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Headhunter

Headhunter

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Postby SickThing » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:35 pm

SickThing

Postby i.am.sladist » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:07 am

So that's a yes ... right?

=P
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby SickThing » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:31 am

If I were going to Victoria, yes. Unfortunately, I won't be.

Hunter
SickThing

Postby MarylandManson » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:10 am

MarylandManson
co-administrator

Postby i.am.sladist » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 am

I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby Slade » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 am

Slade

Postby Slade » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:53 am

Slade

Postby PohlSE » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:58 am

The Cowboys of the early 80's were a different animal than the Cowboys everyone loves to hate now. The biggest differences being The Cowboys are the only NFL team to record 20 consecutive winning seasons (1966–1985) so they were winners with a famous and respected head coach.

Also remember that The Cowboys, at the time, had a beloved owner Clint Murchison, Jr.. In 84, H.R. "Bum" Bright purchased the team and began screwing it up and turned the team into losers. He blamed everyone else but himself and then, in 87, sold the team to the HATED and REVILED Jerry Jones. Jones, despite some early Superbowl victories, remains one of the most hated men in NFL history.

My dad, who is a Cowboys fan, hates it when the team loses but he loves it that it upsets Jerry Jones. A typical reaction from most modern Cowboys fans.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Slade » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:08 pm

For me, the hook of the Cowboys was that it gave us an opening to put the Russian scientist in a Stetson, which - of course - is what the Mounties wear.

So it tied together nicely.

Slade
Slade

Postby i.am.sladist » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:10 am

I do apologize, that was quite presumptuous of me. Still, a poor choice, the editor should have caught that.
So if you've not already answered, and I'm sure you have ...
no I'll wait and add it to my list of questions for next year!
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby SickThing » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:20 am

SickThing

Postby Slade » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Slade

Postby PohlSE » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:39 pm

In 1984 something truly great happened; a novel was published called Headhunter written by some bloke named Michael Slade. Not just another piece of cop-noir or a paint by the numbers murder mystery, Headhunter brought us the real science and skill of police work before CSI made it common knowledge, and delivered it all in one horrifying tale that kept readers guessing until they arrive at the end screaming for more.

This Slade character really knew what he was doing!

Now nearly 30 years and 13 more novels later we can look back at this legacy and see that Slade knew more than we ever imagined!

In the of the Specialx.net website you can now read this surprising and shocking story arc that details Slade's work and how his novels have proven to be prescience.

Once you guys read it I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say about Slade's uncanny insight.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby EZ Rhino » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:55 pm

I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

SLADE Pictorial Bibliography

Postby chaos-consultants » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:02 pm

OK, this has been far too long waiting to come out of the closet.. e_taylor and I worked on these for a number of months and we have made a pictorial bibliography of all of SLADE's books with bibliographical identification data for the HC/TPB/PB 1st edition of US AND UK novels. I think that these forum pages are the best place to put them. If not let me know.

Chaos

Here is the link for the PDF file for HEADHUNTER

http://members.shaw.ca/chaos-consultant ... hunter.pdf

and my signed Headhunter collection

"It's worked so far but we're not out yet" - Information Society (Star Trek)
chaos-consultants

PreviousNext

Return to Novel Discussions