Ghoul

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Postby raasnio » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Nice work, you two. It's interesting to see the different versions.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Re: SLADE BIBLIOGRAPHY

Postby krista in ma » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 am

chaos-consultants wrote:.....Here is the link for the PDF file for GHOUL.....

Very nicely done Chaos and e_taylor! The US PB 1st was the first Slade book I bought. I remember the bookstore, and seeing the cover facing out....picked it up to read the back blurb and have been hooked ever since. I bought a used copy of it last year as I long ago misplaced my original copy.
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby jellybelly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:07 pm

All good things to those who wait... :lol:
jellybelly

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Enjoy this one..
And no distractions from the missus enforcing midsummer murders on you..

You need to concentrate..

One of my favourites..
(Look Sladist a U..)
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby jellybelly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Dreab good chap, i would take your advice if it wasn't for one thing :oops:

You remember me saying i had read some of these books many years back but was unsure which and so on, well, damn, damn and damn my mind !! I have just read up to where Mr. Ohm has set his bomb off and is admiring the 'floating hearts'...yep you guessed it, i had a moment of clarity, all the 'different' killers in this book are in fact one and the...you know the rest obviously, double :oops:

I'll still read it though :lol:
jellybelly

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Yeah.. re read it..
Just for the fun of it

I re read Ripper, ghoul every 6 months or so..
May re read the whole lot again..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby jellybelly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeh re-read them so you can help with any inane questions i may ask ha,ha.

Even though i know the twist i can't remember the hows and whys so i suppose the story is still 'fresh' instead of stale :)
jellybelly

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:13 pm

As I say when training new drivers..
There are no stupid questions..
Just mis understanding..
dreab trawets

Postby jellybelly » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks for understanding my mis understandings :wink:
jellybelly

Re: Ghoul

Postby jellybelly » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Ok. Finished "Ghoul" yesterday and may i say what a damn fine book it was despite me remembering the twist early into starting the book. I will say that even knowing the twist doesn't take anything away like it would, say, in a film or something because you can 'see' all the pieces and clues coming together.

Ok, for questions...

The copy-cat, does he make another appearance in future books, do we see him refine his 'craft' ?

The "Me/Myself" tie up in the epilogue...to be honest i would have thought it to be tacked on in a lesser author but it fit right in this book...do we get to know what happens ? It appeared Deborah could have jumped off the balcony ? If not then does her and Zinc's offspring have a possible place in being a future protagonist / psycho in coming books...?
jellybelly

Postby Slade » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:39 pm

The copycat is one of those untidy threads in life. We never see him again (but he reflects the real-life incidents at the end of the book, and WHITECHAPEL, if you like).

As for the rest, wait and see.

Slade
Slade

Postby jellybelly » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 am

Hmm, interesting...ok, thanks
jellybelly

Previous

Return to Novel Discussions