Zombie (a.k.a Evil Eye)

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Zombie (a.k.a Evil Eye)

Postby raasnio » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Discuss the novel Evil Eye with fellow Sladists...
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Slade » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 pm

The story behind ZOMBIE/EVIL EYE was just posted in the Morgue at the Slade Website.

You've imagined the novel from the words on the page, and now you can see the various settings and incidents in real life.

Slade
Slade

Postby PohlSE » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:29 pm

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Ok Mr Slade, in Zombie there is a lawyer called Knight, and he says...
"Here's my apology. Your ladyship is right, and i am wrong as your ladyship usually is"
Then he gets the court reporter to put a comma between wrong and as, which is brilliant grammer usage.
My question is have you ever called a judge wrong, or stupid, and got away with it, a la Knight.
And was this sentence something you used, or wished you had used in court?
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby EZ Rhino » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 pm

The QC, Broompole Wilde, plays up Craven and Macbeth's romance in court and describes it as a May-December thing. Does anyone else feel that that's kind of a stretch? Their ages are 5 years apart so I don't really think that qualifies. Maybe he was just trying any angle or excuse to paint Corporal Craven in a tawdry light?

If May-December romances can be described as having a 8 year difference, then put me down for this lady's datebook:

I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Re: Zombie (a.k.a Evil Eye)

Postby jellybelly » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 am

Wow !! Way to start a book off, kill of a major player, shocking :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby jellybelly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:17 am

Well that's another one done. As always, a cracking good read. This book had a lot more tension throughout i felt...

Oh and well done again Mr. Slade, i was with Kidd for being the twin ha,ha :mrgreen:

Now, Shrink...
jellybelly

Postby EZ Rhino » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:05 pm

It's fascinating how battles resonate in the minds of people even today, more than a hundred years after it was fought- Isandlwana: The defeat that stunned Victorian Britain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25728231
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Slade » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:53 pm

I was just about to post that at Slade's Facebook!

Of all the British colonial wars, Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift back-to-back are my favorites. The British colonial army suffered its greatest defeat and etched its iconic last stand in the same two-day engagement with the Zulus.

Next favorite: the Indian (or Sepoy) Mutiny.

All politically incorrect, but history is history ... and I crave drama. I don't give a rat's ass who won. How good is the story?
Slade

Return to Novel Discussions