Shrink (a.k.a Primal Scream)

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Re: Shrink (a.k.a Primal Scream)

Postby jellybelly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Finished :mrgreen:

Thoughts ? Well, 'Puppet master' certainly was a twist. Reading that part makes me feel even more hollow about Spann now because i liked her character. If Anda hadn't got her claws in, well, despite what she had done in Headhunter, was Spann cured, i mean in the sense of 'mother' had been exorcised so to speak ? Would she have functioned as a normal person, it certainly seemed to show that to some degree, mind you i would imagine if you had chosen that route Mr. Slade then there would have been possibly something to set her off again...?

I've said it before, i'll say again, another great read !! :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby Slade » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:51 am

jellybelly,

There was never supposed to be a sequel to HEADHUNTER. Just fleeting references to Spann throughout the series. An in-joke. But Sladists refused to let the story go. I'd show up for a RIPPER promo event and someone in the audience would shout, "What about Sparky?"

So, we wrote the sequel!

Slade
Slade

Postby jellybelly » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:41 am

Slade wrote:jellybelly,

There was never supposed to be a sequel to HEADHUNTER. Just fleeting references to Spann throughout the series. An in-joke. But Sladists refused to let the story go. I'd show up for a RIPPER promo event and someone in the audience would shout, "What about Sparky?"

So, we wrote the sequel!

Slade

Really ? Well for a book that was done to appease the fans it didn't feel rushed or out of place, or maybe others thought it did ? A good read none the less !!
jellybelly

Postby The Doctor » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Shrink was the fastest Slade book I ever read. I probably started and finished in the same day.
Of all Slade books I always felt that the end to Headhunter was not "quite right". Something did not feel right with the suspect, but the story was still rounded. The funny thing was, the person I most suspected in Headhunter turned out to be the suspect in Shrink and even though it was over many years I always felt a glee that I had got it right originally!

I still sit and wait in silence for the next book/s...

I feel Slade has now reached the next level, whereby you wait for a mega star in music or a band to release material after a long period. The waiting is unbearable, but I will survive!

Looking forward to the ebooks too! I gather they can be self published and sell directly on the site?
The Doctor

Postby EZ Rhino » Sat May 19, 2012 5:27 am

Slade wrote:So, we wrote the sequel!

So, if we pester you enough...could we get a backstory for Carol? One of my favourite characters.
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby EZ Rhino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Slade » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Good find! That works for me, EZ.
Slade

Previous

Return to Novel Discussions