Crucified

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Crucified

Postby raasnio » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Discuss the novel Crucified with fellow Sladists...
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:15 am

Still ticking over about the very end of the book. Needs an exclaimation mark i think.

But its down to people to make up their own mind.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Well, as I said in a post up above that got deleted, due to being a bit too "spoilerish", I think what they saw in that DNA may have been something akin to the DNA that Leeloo had in the film THE FIFTH ELEMENT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhAwNgYGkYg
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Baidhnobas » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Maybe this is just me being dim, but...
I cannot work out how Jesus got out of his tomb (barring divine intervention). Frankly, I was never sure what that particular locked room had to do with the novel; none of the characters were trying to solve it. Thoughts? Hints? Outright explanations, anybody?
Baidhnobas

Location: Lost. After a while one circle of Hell looks pretty much like another.

Postby Mbwun » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:46 pm

When the women went to the tomb, the stone that sealed it was rolled away, and Jesus body wasn't there. I would think that with His power, He would have had no problem moving the stone. He may have even have been able to walk right through walls at that point.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby PohlSE » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:23 pm

An interesting story that seems to fit here on the CRUCIFIED thread:

Crufixion Nails Discovered?
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 am

Baidhnobas wrote..
Maybe this is just me being dim, but...
I cannot work out how Jesus got out of his tomb (barring divine intervention). Frankly, I was never sure what that particular locked room had to do with the novel; none of the characters were trying to solve it. Thoughts? Hints? Outright explanations, anybody?

Maybe this will help Baid
Found this whilst lurking..
Ancient Jewish burial rites were strict and complex. Dr. Kenneth V. Iserson, author of the book Death to Dust, offered an expert yet easy to understand explanation. The three day wait was to prevent premature burials, which did happen. Dr. Iserson appeared on a documentary titled “Crypts, Coffins and Corpses.” Produced in 2001, the documentary was very informative. On that show the narrator opened with: “Around the time of Christ bodies in the Roman Empire began to be wrapped in shrouds and buried in caves. Fears of being buried alive forced religious leaders to change the Jewish burial rites. From Iserson on Jewish burial rules:

“People wrapped up the bodies, put them in the cave, wouldn’t seal the cave for at least three days. And the family was required to go and visit the body every day for three days. Why was that? ‘Cuz they may have made a mistake. The body may not have been dead. And in fact that happened. Because they did not have any of the modern tools to diagnose death. If after three days there was evidence of putrefaction, body breaking down, or clearly the body was dead, they’d seal the cave until the next burial.”

Full text here, as it is easter... and apologies to anybody..

http://www.thehappyheretic.com/04-09.htm
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Baidhnobas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:10 am

This is vague related...I watched a documentary on the Shroud of Turin a couple of hours ago, and along with the fascinating tidbits I picked up, here's a question: has anyone done a DNA test on the bloodstains on the shroud? Is Slade's holy grail right in front of us? I should look it up.

Funny thing; one person interviewed for the documentary likened the case of the shroud to a court case. In his opinion, a jury would find the shroud to be genuine, based on the evidence.
Immorality I know. Immortality I cannot judge.
Baidhnobas

Location: Lost. After a while one circle of Hell looks pretty much like another.

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 am

http://www.shroudstory.com/faq/turin-shroud-faq-02.htm

http://www.factsplusfacts.com/

http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/shroud.html

This should cover everything.

Now... who thinks rook will come back in the next book.. maybe a cross over is in the offering.
dreab trawets

Postby Baidhnobas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:00 pm

I doubt it. Every time the possibility's come up on this forum, Slade goes strangely quiet.
Baidhnobas

Postby Slade » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Novel #15 is Special X.

Novel #16 is Wyatt Rook, with a crossover of sorts.

Slade
Slade

Postby Baidhnobas » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 am

I'm eating my words, Mr Slade.
Baidhnobas

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Vatican responds to criticism report sabotage of child abuse in Ireland..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14774142
dreab trawets

Postby Slade » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Slade

Postby EZ Rhino » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:06 am

Proof of witchcraft? Bah! It just proves that finding a good contractor back then was a hit-or-miss thing just like it today. :lol:
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Next

Return to Novel Discussions