[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Red Snow

Red Snow

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Postby chaos-consultants » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:02 pm

"It's worked so far but we're not out yet" - Information Society (Star Trek)
chaos-consultants

Postby krista in ma » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:19 pm

~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby PohlSE » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:41 pm

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby AndyC » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:48 pm

AndyC

Postby raasnio » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:51 pm

The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Slade » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Slade

mephisto's back story

Postby marcd » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:54 pm

marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

Postby Wayne R. » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:35 pm

"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Postby raasnio » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:15 am

The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Slade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:11 pm

“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Snow Blind

Postby The Doctor » Wed May 12, 2010 3:41 am

Well, I've stepped back online after taking my time reading Red Snow.
I finally managed to read a Slade book in slow motion!!!
I make it 3 months in all... A chapter a week... then a 100 pages last night because I couldn't do it any longer! But it was worth savouring the yarn.
I thought all the mounties were gonna succumb to a Slade bloodbath, but we got lucky with our leads surviving.
Will Slade never disappoint? Obviously, never. His well read and knows what readers want. (Please add another couple of hundred pages into the next book!!!). As per usual, another rollercoaster story and extremely difficult to read as slow as I did, but well meant because as per usual I want another!
I don't do drugs, but I reckon I know what addicts feel like!
Slade, stay healthy, I want to live long and keep reading your books well into my nineties!!! (Note. I'm gonna be 43 this year!)

All the best

Doctor
The Doctor

Postby AndyC » Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 pm

AndyC

Postby dreab trawets » Fri May 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Mephistos trial is a farce, allowing Slade to highlight loopholes that need to be closed. Robert resigns in disgust at the system, along with mad dog, zinc, and ghost keeper.
Then the story returns to the past, with katt kidnapped by stopwatch.

Mad dog going in a kick ass fight scene, i agree with that, probably nuclear because he is a tough old sod.
Zinc would never take over as head of specialx as he couldn't be contained in the office.

We shall see, but with Rook on the scene, a crossover would be interesting.
Tortured in Angola, remember him?
Well we got tortured in Iraq lurking somewhere i reckon.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:41 am

Morning Guv'nor..
Two questions one from me, and one from a friend who has just charged through all your books..

In Red Snow you give Mephisto's back story, vietnam father gone doolally bonkers big time, kid eating mum in cage...

You have said before that you start with the crimes and work backwards... So when did his back story appear in your fertile mind, and how does he go from that, into someone who has all this money flowing about when we first meet him?

from my friend...
Did you set out for de clerq and chandler to be akin to Holmes and Watson, or did it just meander its way towards that in the later books..
dreab trawets

PreviousNext

Return to Novel Discussions