Red Snow

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Re: Red Snow

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 pm

All you need is to come to a gathering of the Ghouls.

Now go back and read them all again, but slower..
Find out the bits you missed.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby jellybelly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:53 am

dreab trawets wrote:All you need is to come to a gathering of the Ghouls.

Now go back and read them all again, but slower..
Find out the bits you missed.

That would be fun if y'all (did i really just type that ha,ha) could see past social ineptitude ha,ha.

I do have a pile of other books to read but reading won't be the same again, not to cast aspersions to other authors and books but nobody quite does it like Mr. Slade.

Oh and i forgot to add in my previous gushing post i liked how you wove all your other books into this this one in certain ways, such as the Headhunter taunts, the use of Uber and so on, clever :mrgreen:

Ah, erm, i notice you allude to Corkscrew's death via Naploeon again, remember when i mentioned that Corkscrew was left in hospital...
jellybelly

Postby Slade » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:39 pm

jellybelly,

Give me the edition and page # for the Corkscrew hospital reference.

Slade
Slade

Postby jellybelly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Hardback edition, 1994, printed and bound in Great Britain by Mackays of Chatham.

There's the passage, page 287...
jellybelly

Postby jellybelly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 am

So...will we see Corkscrew try and get revenge or will he stay 'dead' ? I kinda liked him... :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby Slade » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:01 pm

In the conversion to e-books, I can make changes.

I'll decide that when I'm doing RIPPER.

Slade
Slade

Postby jellybelly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:44 am

Slade wrote:In the conversion to e-books, I can make changes.

Slade

Hmmm, mysterious...look forward to your decision, we'll leave Corkscrew hanging by his hooks then for now... :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:21 pm

So you might be changing Ripper slightly?
Or would you spin off the story into a short story, because there are a few loose ends in all thw books. Like you said in an earlier post somewhere on the board..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby jellybelly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 pm

dreab trawets wrote:So you might be changing Ripper slightly?
Or would you spin off the story into a short story, because there are a few loose ends in all thw books. Like you said in an earlier post somewhere on the board..

What other loose ends are there dreab, from the other books ? I know Ghoul still had 'someone' at the end...
jellybelly

Postby PohlSE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Slade

This single post has sparked a huge debate on facebook.

So, to set the record strait for those who are worried, I'll ask the question that is buzzing facebook:

Does this mean that you will be changing the content of the books in electronic format, effectively altering the cannon of the series?

Or are you just talking about tightening a loose end like the Corkscrew issue?
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Judy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm

PohlSE wrote:

Slade

So, to set the record strait for those who are worried, I'll ask the question that is buzzing facebook:

Does this mean that you will be changing the content of the books in electronic format, effectively altering the cannon of the series?

Well . . . that's the one thing good about ePublishing . . . corrections can be made much more easily. Also it would be way too cool if you included jpeg links to some of the pics you have here in the background info in the morgue drawers . . . or just include the pics as jpeg files. :music: to my eyes . . . :lollol:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby jellybelly » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 pm

PohlSE wrote:

Slade

Oof....maybe i should have kept my mouth shut... :oops:
jellybelly

Postby Judy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Oof....maybe i should have kept my mouth shut... :oops:

Naw . . . you've just been reading all the books more recently than most of us . . . so it popped out at you. :D I was listening to a brief interview that was provided about Jeffery Deaver and he said he uses the audio formats of his novels to remind himself of where his characters are coming from . . . (he has several story lines going) . . . I think that's a useful tool when there may be several years between new books with the same characters.
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Slade » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm

E-publishing is forcing me to reread every word of the 5,600 page Slade canon.

Consequently, I'm not only making notes about every detail I've forgotten - i.e. in what month was Robert DeClercq born? - and thinking of plot ideas that were subconsciously planted years ago, but THE MICHAEL SLADE COMPENDIUM is taken shape at the same time.

Except for cleaning up flubs, I won't change the novels. It would be cheap of me to keep loyal fans buying the same book again and again and again.

Slade
Slade

Postby PohlSE » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:45 am

Ask and ye shall receive.

Thank you, Slade.

For some reason that post became a topic of rumor and speculation on FB, even though it was easily solved by asking a direct question.
PohlSE
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Novel Discussions