[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Red Snow

Red Snow

Spoilers ahead! Feel free to discuss the novels in detail. Avoid if you haven't read the books.

Re: Red Snow

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 pm

All you need is to come to a gathering of the Ghouls.

Now go back and read them all again, but slower..
Find out the bits you missed.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby jellybelly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:53 am

jellybelly

Postby Slade » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:39 pm

jellybelly,

Give me the edition and page # for the Corkscrew hospital reference.

Slade
Slade

Postby jellybelly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Hardback edition, 1994, printed and bound in Great Britain by Mackays of Chatham.

There's the passage, page 287...
jellybelly

Postby jellybelly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 am

So...will we see Corkscrew try and get revenge or will he stay 'dead' ? I kinda liked him... :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby Slade » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:01 pm

In the conversion to e-books, I can make changes.

I'll decide that when I'm doing RIPPER.

Slade
Slade

Postby jellybelly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:44 am

jellybelly

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:21 pm

So you might be changing Ripper slightly?
Or would you spin off the story into a short story, because there are a few loose ends in all thw books. Like you said in an earlier post somewhere on the board..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby jellybelly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 pm

jellybelly

Postby PohlSE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:30 pm

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Judy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm

An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby jellybelly » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 pm

jellybelly

Postby Judy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Slade » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm

E-publishing is forcing me to reread every word of the 5,600 page Slade canon.

Consequently, I'm not only making notes about every detail I've forgotten - i.e. in what month was Robert DeClercq born? - and thinking of plot ideas that were subconsciously planted years ago, but THE MICHAEL SLADE COMPENDIUM is taken shape at the same time.

Except for cleaning up flubs, I won't change the novels. It would be cheap of me to keep loyal fans buying the same book again and again and again.

Slade
Slade

Postby PohlSE » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:45 am

Ask and ye shall receive.

Thank you, Slade.

For some reason that post became a topic of rumor and speculation on FB, even though it was easily solved by asking a direct question.

PohlSE
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Novel Discussions