pictures of yester-year

Where we can discuss what's happening around the world. Past, present & future.

pictures of yester-year

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Cincinatti library..now destroyed
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Re: pictures of yester-year

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 pm

More tea??
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Wanted to start this thread as there are some fantastic pictures about..

Got to be old though..
Or fantastic
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Simon would have been in heaven in that library. Although he may have had problems getting from one level to another. He walked with walking sticks a lot of the time.

I wouldn't mind a library like that either.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Always thought this was kind of an interesting picture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_N ... Expedition
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 pm

I doubt this is still in the park..but wow
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 pm

That's the Hollow Tree. It still stands, or at least what's left of it still stands, albeit as a propped up, rotted out, burnt out shell of what it once was. They've been sinking major bucks into trying to preserve it for years now. I think it should be allowed to go the way of all trees that have lived their lifespan, but that's just me.

http://www.savethehollowtree.com/

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm

I love finding pictures like this
Covent garden station

Then and now
dreab trawets

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Hate it when a picture link disappears..

Anyway..

Headhunters were alive and well even back then..
dreab trawets

Return to World Events