The Right Foot

Where we can discuss what's happening around the world. Past, present & future.

The Right Foot

Postby ALWFTW » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:00 am

Helloooo
It has been a while, I am not sure if this was posted yet or not... but this story hits close to home... and close to Death's Door!

Third right foot discovered in Gulf Islands
Latest foot found on Valdes Island; police not sure if foul play is involved
Rob Shaw, Times Colonist
Published: Friday, February 15, 2008
Three severed right feet have washed ashore on the Gulf Islands in the past six months, in what police say is one of the most bizarre cases in recent memory.

The latest foot, still in its sneaker, was found last Friday on Valdes Island, a small community near Nanaimo that does not have regular ferry service and is accessible only by private boat or float plane.

RCMP say they're not sure whether foul play is involved and are trying to match any missing-person cases to the severed foot.

Two other right feet, both in size 12 men's sneakers, washed ashore on Gabriola and Jedediah islands last August. RCMP collected DNA from the grisly remains but could not match them to anyone in police databases. The three islands are within 60 kilometres of each other.

"It is unusual," said RCMP spokeswoman Const. Annie Linteau. "We are in the preliminary stages of this particular investigation, and of course we will not enter into speculation."

The Vancouver Island Major Crime Unit has sent detectives to investigate the cases, she said.

Meanwhile, the latest foot has been turned over to the B.C. Coroners Service for forensic testing.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=d83cf5c8-437d-4586-8289-a763ee0b5738&k=58864
ALWFTW

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:27 am

ALWFTW, the thing IS...WHAT HAPPENED to the rest of the bleedin' torso then,? nawt been seen, heard, or any BLOODY things been said of it. As Alice said "Curiouser an Curiouser".
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby ALWFTW » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:03 pm

I know... its so mysterious. Of course when I first heard of it I started thinking about how they could solve the crime from what I learned in the Slade book :oops:
I am on Mayne Island regularily... kinda creepy

http://www.vancouverisland.travel/img/regions/gulf-islands.jpg
ALWFTW

Postby Mbwun » Fri May 23, 2008 1:38 am

Now a fourth foot has been found. No word yet as to whether it's another right foot though.

Fourth severed foot found on B.C. coast
Canwest News Service

VANCOUVER - Police said Thursday another severed human foot has been found in British Columbia, the fourth such incident in a year.

This time, the foot was found on Kirkland Island near the mouth of the Fraser River in Richmond, just south of Vancouver.

Richmond RCMP said a passerby made the grisly discovery about noon Thursday and have confirmed that it too was found inside a shoe.

It is unclear if it is a right foot or a left foot.

Police have made no arrests in any of the cases, although there are various theories that organized crime is involved.

In February, a severed right foot was found on Valdes Island in the Strait of Georgia, in a location accessible only by boat or float plane.

And in August of 2007, two severed feet were found within a week of each other.

In one instance, a Vancouver couple taking a walk on Gabriola Island came across a single black-and-white size 12 Reebok shoe.

A closer look revealed a partially decomposed right foot that appeared to belong to a man.

In the other, a Washington state family visiting Jedidiah Island also uncovered a right foot that may have washed ashore. It, too, was in a size 12 shoe.

© Canwest News Service 2008

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/natio ... e495137a9f

This is turning into something tailor-made for a Slade novel. If I didn't know better, I'd think Slade was planting the things on these beaches as a prelude to promoting #14 or something. :wink:
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:23 am

Mbwun nice to see you again, and your right.
This is turning into something tailor-made for a Slade novel. If I didn't know better, I'd think Slade was planting the things on these beaches as a prelude to promoting #14 or something.
There's summat up and out there, it's nasty...very,VERY nasty.

Someones arsein' with the RCMP head, and getting great
pleasure from it too. He/she is one sick puppy, and one can only feel for the victims families.
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby Slade » Fri May 23, 2008 4:00 pm

Mbwun,

Actually, it's not a prelude to # 14; it's a flashback to # 9.

As you'll recall, in DEATH'S DOOR, Mephisto's henchmen were leaving disfigured bodies on the beaches of the islands in the waterways around Vancouver.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Sat May 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Slade,

You can't convince me that the cogwheels in your brain aren't trying to figure out some way to work this into the plot of another novel - I can hear them whirring all the way out here in Langley. :P
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby steelclaw32 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:03 pm

Something on the lines I think the implication being Slade, By the Pricking Of my Thumbs Something Wicked This Way Comes. Macbeth Act IV, scene 1.

And you know Jay, Mbwun's right, your bloody salivatin'!:shock:
:lol: :lol:
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby Judy » Sun May 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Oh yes . . . . more fodder for the fertile mind :twisted: :lol:
Judy

Postby Slade » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:34 am

Slade

Postby Slade » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:51 pm

When it makes the most popular story on BBC International, you know something is up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7458468.stm
Slade

Postby EZ Rhino » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Gives a whole new meaning to "Evening news footage.", eh?

Sorry......sorry.... :oops:
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

News Footage

Postby bloodyhands » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Ha Ha EZ that was funny, that morbid humour is my kind of humour. Wonder if any given person who owns a foot has a leg to stand on.

Slade,

What would your theory be, amputations thrown away, serial killer, shark attacks or what?
bloodyhands

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:49 pm

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Brad Smith » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:21 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/18/can ... rss_latest

I just moved to Sacramento . . . just got s position with an online news service that deals with crime. What's going on up there?! Maybe I should have relocated to BC . . . . :wink:
Brad Smith

Next

Return to World Events