The Right Foot

Where we can discuss what's happening around the world. Past, present & future.

Postby raasnio » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Bombz Away wrote:See - and it's not me :D

Told you I wasn't the Hertfordshire Hacker!!!

Ok. You're off the hook...for now. :twisted:
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby dreab trawets » Mon May 11, 2009 6:01 pm

BOMBZ AWAY WROTE....
See - and it's not me

Told you I wasn't the Hertfordshire Hacker!!!

Not so fast Bombz...... Lost a wheel barrow have we?????

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090511/tu ... 23e80.html

Should we rename this topic Body Parts.....

Blue Lagoon... anybody fondly remember growing up with that film...
I do.... a story of natural love my arse...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080453/
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Bombz Away » Tue May 12, 2009 7:37 am

No I bloody haven't!!

Tell you one thing - its like London Transport now - don't hear of a body for weeks at time then they all come along a once!!!
:)
Bombz Away

Postby Mbwun » Tue May 12, 2009 3:22 pm

Blue Lagoon?!!

When I worked in the Yukon, that's the term we used to refer to the bathrooms in the back of the tour buses. Anyone who has seen Bud Brigman fish his wedding ring out of the toilet in the film "The Abyss" will know why we called them that.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Tue May 12, 2009 4:58 pm

Was it as bad as this toilet seen.

Watch the whole thing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XrvpEIiC1w
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Tue May 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Oh, that's just disgusting! :shock:

No, it wasn't like that. Bud just got mad at the estranged wife, and took his wedding ring off and tossed it in the chemical toilet in his room near the beginning of the film. Then he changed his mind and fished the thing out of it, and spent the rest of the film with a blue hand. It's a good thing he changed his mind, because having the ring back on his finger saved his life later on in the film.

You really should watch the film - it's quite good.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Wed May 13, 2009 6:39 pm

dreab trawets

Postby Vcela » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Hmmm, this one must have been on vacation.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/08/04/trash-foot.html

The article also mentions a human hand being found near Nanaimo, I hadn't heard about that one.
Vcela

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Comes back to what the old timer said..

"This is coming down from the river, no question about it," he said. "There's someone doing this all right. Think about it: if they tied a chain around someone's ankle and threw them overboard, the foot would just pop off. That could explain it. Maybe they got a lot of bodies stored up in a container and they got washed out. We don't know. There's a lot of stuff goes on over there," he added, nodding toward the city.
dreab trawets

Postby Slade » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:18 am

There's another severed foot on B.C. beaches:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Polic ... story.html
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:31 am

Welcome back guv'nor...
I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment i placed above.
Unless its something to do with the tides changing about this time.

Also, if you can spare, can you look through the seven letter word part of the forum to a blatant case of wrongful accusation, and scurrilous rumour mongering from said MBWUN. Starting on page 93 of the court documents..
dreab trawets

Postby Vcela » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Although "no evidence of foul play" is the official word, the aspect of this case that nags at me is the sudden and tight grouping of the finds. If these were all suicides (as the one set of identified feet appears to be) or accidents, shouldn't there be a well-established precendent? Feet washing up on shore should have been happening pretty regularly over the last 40 years or so.

I don't think that there has been a rash of plane/boat accidents or sudden upturn in water-based suicides. Is this just a tremendous series of coincidences or what?
Vcela

Postby Vcela » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Great new map, I didn't realize how far up the Fraser these feet were being found...

http://www.cbc.ca/bc/features/found-feet/

However, the rest of the spots are more wide-spread than I realized initially. It seems more like a natural dispersion when put into context with the map.
Vcela

Postby Mbwun » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh, dreab!!! :P

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

new doc

Postby marcd » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Check out on CBC' s "The Passionate Eye" Showcase an examination of the feet...fascinating, so many different avenues for finding answers. Two of them have been id'd. It's called
"Science of Forensics: Mystery of the Feet"
marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

PreviousNext

Return to World Events