Whats the first Slade book you read/bought?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby e_taylor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:53 am

Mbwun wrote:I continue to hunt for hardcovers of Death's Door, and Bed of Nails, and hold out a slim hope that I will run across the Allen printing of Headhunter one day.

Mbwun -

PM me your address, and I'll send you an extra copy of Bed of Nails.
e_taylor

Postby Mafus » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:22 am

My story is identical to Vcela's (GHOUL first, then HEADHUNTER, then hooked.) and I had the same editons as Mbwun.
"I know you gentleman have been through a lot but, when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter...TIED TO THIS @#%&ING COUCH!!!"
Mafus

Postby Tautriadelta » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:25 pm

yep I got hooked by Ghoul 1st print softcover 1989, when I bought it (being honest, I thought it was like a horror book with undead) but got blown away by the plot and I hunted Headhunter as a used book (god I was like 20 back then, only summer jobs) and after I picked up all the next ones in Hardcover and softcovers for travel reading (easier carried on buses) and I got a nice surprise recently, as you know I love to create new Sladists and at work I had lent my Onyx copy of Headhunter and the person I lent it too damaged it a bit and felt so bad he purchased me another copy from an online website and now I have also the STAR 1st edition mentionned earlier, white cover with the decapitated head on pole was so glad i did the indian happy dance at work :D
Land of our birth,we pledge to thee
Our love and toil in the years to be;
When we are grown and take our place
As men and women of our race.
Tautriadelta

Postby Baidhnobas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 pm

I read Death's Door first, followed immediately by Primal Scream. By coincidence, these were two of the first novels I've bought (the other one was Ripper, all snagged in the same book fair).
Baidhnobas

Location: Lost. After a while one circle of Hell looks pretty much like another.

Postby i.am.sladist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 pm

I do so love when someone resurrects an old thread!
KK- first Slade book I bought was Hangman! And I loved it and began my quest on the internet to track down all the others but which I ended up reading them in reverse chronological order ... which kinda sucked because by the time I got my hands on Headhunter I already knew who done it. But I still enjoyed the read ... and I always do with Slade!
And that is why when I got my hands on a signed first edition of Hangman, well that one is very dear to me because that was the book that started it all for me.
AND LOOK HOW FAR I'VE COME!!!!
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby marcd » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:47 pm

My first was his first: "Headhunter". I saw an interview on CBC Noon hour with the authors and that got me hooked...Canada, RCMP YES! It also helped that I have a cousin who had just joined at that time the Red Serge. And he's still there twenty years plus!

Slade, I wonder if you have that interview around...it would be fun to pull that one out.
marcd

"It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada. RONNIE HAWKINS
marcd

Previous

Return to Multi-Media