10 Favorite Horror Films

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby EZ Rhino » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 pm

What's Fatal Attraction doing on that article's list sandwiched between Halloween and Scream??? Glenn Close can't act and she wasn't scary in the least.
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Athena » Sun May 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Here's my list :)

10. The Fog - 1980
9. The Phantom of the Opera - 1962
8. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane - 1962 (Bette Davis AND Joan Crawford.....'nuff said)
7. Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte - 1964
6. The Mummy - 1959
5. Hallowe'en
4. The Towering Inferno - 1974 (what can I say....fire terrifes me!)
3. The Langoliers - 1995 (do made-for-TV-movies count?)
2. Psycho - 1960
1. The Black Cat - 1941
Rest my soul until morning
Liam Kincaid, Earth Final Conflict
Athena

Postby Mbwun » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Here's a list made by someone of what they consider to be the 10 greatest scenes in the history of gore:

http://www.slate.com/id/2298211/

What do you think?
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby EZ Rhino » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Only seen a few of those. Hmm...need to do some catching up in this field, I guess. American Werewolf in London transformation was top notch. I remember that it fascinated, repulsed and horrified me all at the same time when I first saw it as a young'un.
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby moonflee » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Those were some nice ones. Seen 9 of those movies. Just love Audition. Brought back my youth with a bunch of those. I think I've loved horror movies since I was born.
Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby AnnieBerries » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:11 am

I love to watch horror movies. Movies that i like most are:

Silent Hill
The Mummy - 1959
Evil Dead (1979)
Innocent
AnnieBerries

Postby dlsevern » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:45 am

In no particular order:

Halloween
Suspiria
The Exorcist
Cabin Fever
The Blair Witch Project
Phantasm
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
House of a 1000 Corpses
In the Mouth of Madness
Insidious
dlsevern

Postby i.am.sladist » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 pm

I consider myself quite fortunate, in my travels this weekend I picked up a three movie deal for $5 ...
Puppet Master 1, 2 and 3.
All for $5!
I love that little puppet, Blade.
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby i.am.sladist » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:05 am

Last night ... on a somewhat drinking binge .... =P
I sat down and watched Nosferatu, remastered, with soundtrack provided by Type O Negative.
Really, really enjoyed it!
And today I completed my quest, I purchased Psycho on DVD for a Halloween evening Horror Fest with my BEST FRIEND!!!!
Yes, I will be away for Halloween, visiting my BEST FRIEND!!!
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby GINGER » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Don't really do Halloween in Britain..
Cheaper to buy the sweets, and rent a couple of dvds than buying the costume, pumpkin etc..

Don't see what all the nonsense is about..

(I can hear people calling me sour puss now)
One side of me says I would like to talk to her, date her. The other side of me says I wonder how her head would look on a stick (Edmund Kemper)
GINGER

Location: Everybody needs a little madness, or you would never cut the rope and become free.

Postby dlsevern » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Different strokes for different folks, that's all. Not everyone here in America gets into Halloween either, especially as they get older and have kids and realize how much of a pain in the ass trick' r' treating can be for parents, lol.

I love it though, I always have since I was a kid. I have always been drawn to the darker side of life and Halloween is just the perfect culmination for the things I love. It's not just Halloween though, it's the time of year, I love autumn, the changing colors, the cool air, bonfires, the smell (yes there is a smell to autumn, trust me). That's just me though.
dlsevern

punkenhead

Postby Slade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:25 pm

dlsevern,

I'm with you 100% of the way. Halloween has always been my time of year. I love all the aspects you've stated...but particularly dressing up.

Then, it's followed by Christmas. Not the commercial sham that Xmas has become, but the Christmas of the Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade, and breakfast at Eaton's with Punkinhead...

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/english/o ... index.aspx

...and sleigh rides, and snow castles, and flooded backyard rinks, and anything that doesn't stink of $ $ $ signs.

Time to howl.

Slade
Slade

Postby GINGER » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Is that all christmas is for us... and any of the holidays..
Memories of the past..

When the dollar wasn't all conquering... when health and safety, and injury lawsuits didn't have those with snow castles, and ice rink owners quaking in there fur lined boots.

We send the kids out into the neighbourhood for halloween, but never by themselves anymore..and we check the websites to see if somebody has moved into the area.

So why do we always want to recreate our childhood memories..

To give them to our children, who have grown up in a different world to us, and know nothing of a BB gun, the joy of Roy Rogers, and using your own mind to come up with stuff to do, instead of turning to an electronic whojamaflip to sate there fevered mind?

When you could send the kids out for sweets, and not have them come back with apples, and fruit, and money? Or not come back at all.

Where you looked in the department store window at their christmas display, instead of ordering it online.?

Why do grown men still dress up in costumes?
For the fun, for the joy of celebrating it..
Or to grab some sort of coat tail from our past, which we long to go back too..

Sorry, cup is half empty, not half full, and it shouldn't be..

Interesting little Halloween site debunking myths..

http://projectbritain.com/Halloween.html
One side of me says I would like to talk to her, date her. The other side of me says I wonder how her head would look on a stick (Edmund Kemper)
GINGER

Location: Everybody needs a little madness, or you would never cut the rope and become free.

Postby dlsevern » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:08 am

I am very much aware of the origins of Halloween and of how Christianity has intertwined itself into those origins and made it something more commercial but I still love it. I'm a sucker for it, lol.
dlsevern

Postby GINGER » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:50 pm

I don't mean to come across as narky to anybody..
It is my thoughts, my views..
Halloween is not for me...

The website was for those that wanted to pass on to this generation..
GINGER

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media