[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - 10 Favorite Horror Films

10 Favorite Horror Films

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby PohlSE » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 am

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Wayne R. » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:45 pm

"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Postby Wil » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:37 am

Wil

Postby PohlSE » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:19 am

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby raasnio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:43 pm

raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 pm

“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby raasnio » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:03 am

raasnio

Postby Tautriadelta » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Land of our birth,we pledge to thee
Our love and toil in the years to be;
When we are grown and take our place
As men and women of our race.
Tautriadelta

Postby raasnio » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:45 pm

raasnio

Postby Slade » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 am

Slade

Postby Vcela » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:23 am

The top ten

10. The Devil's Backbone - 2001
9. Repulsion - 1965
8. Legend of Hell House - 1973
7. Dead of Night - 1945
6. Poltergeist - 1982
5. Jaws - 1975
4. The Shining - 1980
3. The Birds - 1963
2. Alien - 1979
1. The Thing - 1982

and special mention,

Edit for dates.
Last edited by Vcela on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vcela

Postby Slade » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:54 am

Vcela,

An interesting list (but it needs dates. Which THE THING? And soon there will be two DEAD OF NIGHTS).

REPULSION caused a real stir in 1965. Strong stuff then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repulsion

Slade
Slade

Postby Vcela » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Actually I didn't realize there were remakes or other movies of the same names.

I mostly chose my list based on a definitive scene in the movie that perked me up and got my attention. This was usually preceded by building suspense or unease of which I am a real fan. My favourite movies are dramatic or stylish suspense types.

A few that didn't quite make the cut are Near Dark, Fright Night, the Blob (original) and The Mist.
Vcela

Postby Mbwun » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:51 pm

I have a difficult time coming up with top ten lists, so I'll just say that ALIEN - the first of the ALIEN films - continues to be about the scariest film I've ever seen, due to the psychological terror involved.

I'll also say that after being exposed to a few scenes from THE BIRDS when I was very young, I had nightmares for years afterwards.

And then there are Horror films that really aren't that scary, but I love them anyway - like FRIGHT NIGHT, and THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS.

It seems that people tend to be divided as to what genres certain films belong to - some here classify ALIEN as Sci-Fi, some Horror. Some call Star Wars Fantasy, some Sci-Fi. Let's face it, there are many films that belong in several genre categories, such as LE PACT DES LOUPS - it fits into so many different genre categories. it's almost ridiculous. But I love it anyway.

But ...

I have been hearing very good things about a film called that's in very limited release at the moment. Anyone here seen it yet?
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby MarylandManson » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:13 pm

MarylandManson
co-administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media