[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Good Films

Good Films

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: Good Films

Postby Mbwun » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:39 pm

How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby SickThing » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:00 pm

SickThing

Postby Mbwun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:26 am

Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby SickThing » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:42 am

I agree with you about Chris Sarandon in Fright Night!

Fright Night II isn't as good, of course, but it's still fun.

I avoided the remake for a long time for the same reasons you did. However, curiosity finally got the better of me, and I watched it a while back. It actually wasn't horrible. It's not actually a straight remake, which made it more enjoyable for me. And Farrell worked for me more than I expected, as he was the main reason I didn't want to see it. But he didn't try to out-sexy Sarandon; he played the role very differently.

I've read the synopsis of the new sequel, and it sounds like a scene-for-scene remake of the remake! I have no idea what the point of it is.

Hunter
SickThing

Postby Mbwun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:56 am

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:53 pm

I found something rather interesting re: FRIGHT NIGHT. You can download two separate commentaries to listen to while watching FRIGHT NIGHT here:

http://iconsoffright.com/pirate-commentaries-2/

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby SickThing » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:11 pm

I downloaded those quite a while ago, but have still never had/made the time to listen to them. They should have been included in the Fright Night Blu-ray release last year, but they weren't. (That was a limited edition release from Screen Archives (I think it was); only 3000 copies. They licensed it from Sony, because Sony doesn't care about the movie.)

Hunter
SickThing

Postby Mbwun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm

It sounds like you didn't get the Blu Ray back then. Considering what people want for it now, bet you wish you had.

You wouldn't by chance have any suggestions as to what would be the best way to go about downloading this Youtube video, and burning it to a DVD that I can play in a normal DVD player, rather than having to watch it on my computer, would you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QH49BhrxaQ

I've had people suggest different downloading options, but they all involve Firefox, and I use Chrome.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby SickThing » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:05 pm

SickThing

Postby Mbwun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks!

How much better is the picture and sound quality on the Blu Ray, as opposed to the DVD?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby SickThing » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:16 pm

SickThing

Postby Mbwun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm

I guess if the remake had done better, the original two may have been given better BluRay/DVD treatments than they were.

I've heard comments on IMDb, that the remastered widescreen version of FNpart2 aired on Turner Classic Movies at some point, and a lot of people seem to have DVRed it then.

Just finished listening to one of the commentaries - the one with Tom Holland, Chris Sarandon, and Jonathan Stark ... very entertaining.

Trying to download that Youtube video, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

I see you've rejoined Facebook too.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby SickThing » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:31 pm

SickThing

Postby raasnio » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:18 am

I don't have the Blu-ray, but I have a DVD copy somewhere. If I find it I'll let you know, Mbwun.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Mbwun » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 am

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media