So What Are You Watching????

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: So What Are You Watching????

Postby raasnio » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:01 am

Mbwun wrote:
raasnio wrote:Going to watch Dracula this evening. New series on NBC, I believe.

Hang it all anyhow, I forgot all about that making its debut last night - I had intended to watch it. How was it?

Instead, I was watching the first two parts of an older three part miniseries that originated on Sci-Fi channel, called THE TRIANGLE. Got the thing dirt cheap on DVD at my friend's toy store a while back. So far - not bad. Will watch part 3 today.

I didn't see all of it. My 2 year-old daughter hasn't been sleeping well and that has made me tired. The production is solid. I'll report back after episode 2.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Mbwun » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:17 pm

raasnio wrote:I'll report back after episode 2.

I've been watching it from episode 2 onward. This show is seriously weird in an entertaining sort of way.

Last night we had Victorian era women's mud wrestling. WTF?!!!
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:54 am

Mbwun wrote:
raasnio wrote:I'll report back after episode 2.

I've been watching it from episode 2 onward. This show is seriously weird in an entertaining sort of way.

Last night we had Victorian era women's mud wrestling. WTF?!!!

I think I'm done with it. Too slow. It's apparently headed towards cancellation.

I watched Europa Report the other night via Netflix. I enjoyed it and would recommend it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbw9hlBnG74
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio

Postby Mbwun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah, I've heard it's going to be cancelled too.

Didn't watch it last night, as I was in bed by 10 o'clock. We've been having below freezing temperatures here for the past few days, and I spent about 4 hours out in it doing yard clean up yesterday. Needless to say, I was really, really tired by the evening - too tired to stay up and watch tv.

We don't have Netflix here. And I understand that Netflix in Canada kind of sucks compared to Netflix in the US.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:17 am

It's been really cold here as well. Been parking my car in the garage at night.

I have to say, this season of South Park, despite two soft episodes, has been outstanding. This is just one of the gems from this season. A clip from an episode about the cable company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6G-wNyIxzM

:lol:
raasnio

Postby Mbwun » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Well, last night I watched the first half of this BONNIE AND CLYDE miniseries that's airing on History, A&E, and Lifetime simultaneously.

It was OK, but not really all that special. I guess I'll watch the other half today - hopefully part II will be an improvement.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Well, part II wasn't really any better than part I was.

I only watched the last half of it though - I was too busy watching part II of a two part 'Smokey and the Bandit' themed episode of FAST N' LOUD on Discovery Channel.

It's a rather silly car fix-up show, but it's entertaining.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Cawdorgraves » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Dracula wise I have enjoyed the series. Hope it doesn't end. Quite an interesting twist on the tale classic. Seems most all tv is going that way. Once Upon a Time is putting a twist on tales we commonly know and love. Although to be fair most all Disney films are quite a departure from their original stories made to be happy fairy tale endings when in fact the true tales are far from that.
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby Luna » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 am

OK - I admit my sense of humor is a bit warped - but I've recently discovered Mrs. Brown's Boys on BBC Canada, and haven't laughed that hard in ages :lol: . Not the kind of humor everyone appreciates, but I love it! There are many clips on Youtube for those interested.
Luna

Postby Slade » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Luna,

The clips I've seen in the past are hilarious.

Slade
Slade

Postby Luna » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:32 am

Slade wrote:Luna,

The clips I've seen in the past are hilarious.

Slade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjJc8xLYhak :lol:
Luna

Postby Mbwun » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:46 pm

I recently picked up a cheap used copy of the MIAMI VICE film, and that got my appetite whetted to watch the series again. So, I found some reasonable priced copies of the sets for seasons 1 and 2, and am currently watching them.

I recall that, when it was in its initial run on television, it took at least a year for the Canadian stations around here to start airing, and am finding that I have absolutely no recollection of having seen many of the season 1 episodes. It's definitely not a show that has seen much in the way of easily accessible reruns since it ended, so there really hasn't been much opportunity to watch it in reruns.

I guess it would have helped if we had cable way back when, but the lines for cable didn't even go past our house on the farm until spring of 1991, and since we had invested in a substantial rooftop antenna, we didn't bother with getting it at that time. We finally invested in satellite at that house in the early to mid 2000s.

It's strange to think how groundbreaking the show was, considering what it looks like today, compared to some of the programmes that have come after it.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Looks as if David Lynch is going to revisit TWIN PEAKS 25 years later, fulfilling Laura Palmer's statement that we'd see her again in 25 years.

http://io9.com/its-official-twin-peaks- ... socialflow

Looking forward to seeing this.

Maybe I should dig out my VHS box set of the entire series and watch it again. Wish I could afford the DVD box set, as these tapes are recorded in EP mode, and the picture quality is terrible, but it's kind of pricey.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Cawdorgraves » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Twin Peaks 25 years later! KILLER BRING IT ON!

I want some pie now and coffee.
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby Mbwun » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:11 am

My mom and sister go garage saling every Saturday. Today they went to some posh place that had a bunch of box sets of British tv programmes for sale real cheap. Mom brought home a box set of LOVEJOY (missing series 1), the LEWIS pilot episode, and sets 2, 3, 4, and 5, of a show called THE SANDBAGGERS.

My sister got 2 series of FOYLE'S WAR, 1 series of CADFAEL, a box set of the complete RUMPOLE OF THE BAILEY, and a box set of PD JAMES mysteries.

Watched 2 of the episodes from set 2 of THE SANDBAGGERS today.

What an intriguing and well written show!

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media