So What Are You Watching????

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: So What Are You Watching????

Postby Mbwun » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 pm

We've only been subscribing to the most basic of cable packages since we first started getting our tv through Shaw Cable, rather than the Bell Expressvu satellite service we got at our house on the farm. But, about three or so weeks ago, we decided to add the package that included BBC Canada to our channel lineup.

A couple of weeks ago I discovered TOP GEAR ... I think it's about the most entertaining and hilarious thing on tv at the moment.

DT clued me in on the existence of their specials, and I found them online and have watched them ... Excellent!!!

I've now seen the Africa Special, Christmas Special where they travel from Iraq to Bethlehem as the Three Wise Men, the Vietnam Special, and the Polar Special.

Also watched the Campervan Challenge online ... LOL.

Such fun stuff!!!
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Thu May 09, 2013 6:51 pm

I've discovered a British programme called HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU, and have been watching the episodes that feature Jeremy Clarkson.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsg2ep ... YwpzLWG3Tr

It's pretty funny stuff.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 am

Finished watching first season of Hemlock Grove. Not bad.

Watched Game 6 of the Anaheim-Detroit playoff series. Go Wings!
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Mbwun » Mon May 27, 2013 3:23 pm

I've been watching a British programme called WAKING THE DEAD on Sunday nights on Knowledge channel. Really, really, enjoying it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waking_th ... (TV_series)

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:59 pm

I bought a used DVD of the Joel Schumacher directed film of Andrew Lloyd Webber's THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA a few weeks ago, and finally got around to watching it on Saturday. What a great film! I'd never seen the stage version of it, so didn't know what to expect.

So, now I've been watching the 25th anniversary stage version filmed at the Royal Albert Hall on Youtube, as well as the sequel to it, LOVE NEVER DIES.

The vocals on the stage versions definitely trump the film, but the production values of the film are just sumptuous.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:23 am

Watched Derek. A seven episode series from Ricky Gervais. Worthwhile in the end. Funny and dramatic, it tries to be a bit of everything and Ricky is excellent as the title character.

Brooklyn Nine Nine. Pretty damn funny. Can't say how good it is, but it is funny. So I keep watching.

Quite a few shows couldn't hold my interest over the past year. Tried Firefly, Farscape, Hannibal, Elementary, Ripper Street, DaVinci's Demons, etc. Yeah, too many to keep listing. Watched at least 4 episodes of each of these shows (save for Ripper) and just couldn't watch anymore.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio

Postby Luna » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:27 am

Sleepy Hollow - love it
Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - not bad
The Walking Dead - season 4 premiered on Sunday. Yay!
A couple other new series that have been quite interesting - Hostages, The Blacklist

And it's hockey season so the PVR's going all the time :) - I watch way too much TV - I have 3 books waiting to be read.
Luna

Postby raasnio » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:59 am

Luna wrote:Sleepy Hollow - love it
A couple other new series that have been quite interesting - Hostages, The Blacklist

And it's hockey season so the PVR's going all the time :) - I watch way too much TV - I have 3 books waiting to be read.

I'm hoping more games will be aired. Because thus far there do not seem to be many games airing at all.
raasnio

Postby Luna » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:05 am

raasnio wrote:

I'm hoping more games will be aired. Because thus far there do not seem to be many games airing at all.

Really? That sucks - lots of games airing in Canada, plus we've also had a free preview of NHL Centre Ice for a couple of weeks.
Luna

Postby raasnio » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:45 am

Luna wrote:
raasnio wrote:

Really? That sucks - lots of games airing in Canada, plus we've also had a free preview of NHL Centre Ice for a couple of weeks.

You're in Canada. I'm in KC, Missouri. Blues games air sometimes, but NBC Sports has been pretty quiet. They used to air alot of games. Lately not so much.

It's early so I'll just have to see how it develops. This season looks to be a great one.
raasnio

Postby SickThing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:49 pm

raasnio wrote:Quite a few shows couldn't hold my interest over the past year. Tried Firefly, Farscape, Hannibal, Elementary, Ripper Street, DaVinci's Demons, etc. Yeah, too many to keep listing. Watched at least 4 episodes of each of these shows (save for Ripper) and just couldn't watch anymore.

You may be the first person I've ever seen who didn't like Firefly.

I haven't tried all of those, but Hannibal lost me, I couldn't get into Farscape when it first aired, and so far, I haven't made it past 15 minutes of Ripper Street.

The only show that currently has my interest---and I've only seen the first three---is Sleepy Hollow. It's cliched and ridiculous, but it's still more entertaining than I expected, so I'll stick with it a little longer....

Hunter
SickThing

Postby SickThing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm

I beg to differ. It's B.A.D. The first episode was OK, but not as good I had hoped it would be. The second episode was just ridiculous (one scene in particular was so godawful---it was like something from the beginning of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, you know, when Spielberg had completely lost his mind as to what made Raiders so great?). It tries way too hard to be clever and hip.

That show is infuriating. I've watched all three seasons, and I spent 3/4 of that time wondering why. The other 1/4 is why I watched all three seasons.

Hunter
SickThing

Postby raasnio » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:16 pm

SickThing wrote:

I beg to differ. It's B.A.D. The first episode was OK, but not as good I had hoped it would be. The second episode was just ridiculous (one scene in particular was so godawful---it was like something from the beginning of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, you know, when Spielberg had completely lost his mind as to what made Raiders so great?). It tries way too hard to be clever and hip.

That show is infuriating. I've watched all three seasons, and I spent 3/4 of that time wondering why. The other 1/4 is why I watched all three seasons.

Hunter

The Walking Dead is a show I wait to watch until a few episodes have aired. So I haven't seen anything from this new season yet.

As for the show, it's difficult for me to say, but I almost feel that after season 2 that it's been slowly sinking. Which is ridiculous as my favorite character, Michonne, is around now and that hasn't really helped at all. Is it fair to blame AMC? The show should be alot better than it is. Perhaps I've stuck with it because it's still better than most TV shows, but if it doesn't improve I may drop out at some point.

As for Firefly, I really like the two leads, but other than that the acting is atrocious, the show is poorly edited or badly scripted, and there is no consistency. I loved the film Serenity, but the show just didn't work for me. I've seen the film many times. If the show were half as good I would have finished the series out and perhaps watched again.
raasnio

Postby raasnio » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:01 am

Going to watch Dracula this evening. New series on NBC, I believe.
raasnio

Postby Mbwun » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:14 pm

raasnio wrote:Going to watch Dracula this evening. New series on NBC, I believe.

Hang it all anyhow, I forgot all about that making its debut last night - I had intended to watch it. How was it?

Instead, I was watching the first two parts of an older three part miniseries that originated on Sci-Fi channel, called THE TRIANGLE. Got the thing dirt cheap on DVD at my friend's toy store a while back. So far - not bad. Will watch part 3 today.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media