Classic film suggestions

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: Classic film suggestions

Postby EZ Rhino » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Found a website called open source that has a listing of free online movies. Looks like there's some classics on there.

http://www.openculture.com/freemoviesonline
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby dlsevern » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:19 am

Brotherhood of the Wolf
To Kill a Mockingbird
Spartacus
Barry Lyndon
The Grapes of Wrath
The Color Purple
dlsevern

Postby Cawdorgraves » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:36 pm

What classifies as a classic film these days?

We are exposing our 8 year old to childhood films and my wife calls them classics. Is that what a classic is these days - something that our parents grew up on that are being shared with a younger generation? Which therefore qualifies anything I grew up on is now classified as a classic.

ie:

Ferris Beuler's Day Off
The Mummy Series
The Road Warrior trilogy (Sorry I prefer this film over the Mad Max's to call it by its known name :P )

among many other classics.

I am wondering at what age there will be little to no censorship needed to warrant watching all my favorite films with him. Even though I'm sure he has accidentally been exposed to material I don't deem myself as appropriate. Such as relatives watching inappropriate shows/video games and not asking him to leave knowing that parts/material truly isn't suited for a child of his age.

However i do personally recognize classic films that some appeal to me yet others I think it comes with growing up during that time and being exposed to the earlier films that still stand the test of times. For sure I love the long dramas and film noirs of the earlier years but can't say they maintain my interest to the standards of film of the past 25 years. However, modern films rely far too much on CGI/action than focusing on well written dialogue/scripts that truly ought to entertain the viewer.
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Previous

Return to Multi-Media