Five films you want to see remade

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Five films you want to see remade

Postby raasnio » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Here are some that I came up with:

IT

The Keep

Rawhead Rex

Jurassic Park

Conan

Now, Conan has been remade and I hope it's good. It looks good, but the director gives me pause...
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby EZ Rhino » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:36 pm

The Punisher - nobody's done it right yet.

The Searchers - include more perspective from the indigenous side.

Fantastic Voyage - haven't seen the original, but fx today make it worth a try.

Escape From New York - call me Snake.

Heavy Metal - so much they can do with this.
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby raasnio » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:33 pm

EZ Rhino wrote:The Punisher - nobody's done it right yet.

Nobody's done it right, but Punisher: War Zone was alot of fun. It's the only one I've liked, but there is an awesome version, I'm sure, that just hasn't been done yet.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio

Postby i.am.sladist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 pm

I'd have to really give this one more thought ... Relic was the first thing that popped in my head because it was such a bad adaptation from a book.

EZ, (Hey Buddy!) I am so with you on Escape From New York ... LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby dlsevern » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 am

I agree with you on It(there would have to be at least two movies and god please let them put in the parts about the house on Niebolt Street, the fire at the Black Spot, and the smoke hole) and The Keep, it would also be nice to see them make The Tomb so that I could finally see Repairman Jack on screen.

Relic would be nice but add Inspector Pendergast and do the other Pendergast novels as well, that's just my opinion though. :)
dlsevern

Postby raasnio » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:49 am

dlsevern wrote:I agree with you on It(there would have to be at least two movies and god please let them put in the parts about the house on Niebolt Street, the fire at the Black Spot, and the smoke hole) and The Keep, it would also be nice to see them make The Tomb so that I could finally see Repairman Jack on screen.

Relic would be nice but add Inspector Pendergast and do the other Pendergast novels as well, that's just my opinion though. :)

Your opinion and mine. I agree with everything you said here. IT did have a great Pennywise the clown, though... :twisted:
raasnio

Postby dlsevern » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:02 pm

No doubt Tim Curry was a great Pennywise, it would be nice if he would play Pennywise again but I highly doubt it.
dlsevern

Postby raasnio » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 pm

dlsevern wrote:No doubt Tim Curry was a great Pennywise, it would be nice if he would play Pennywise again but I highly doubt it.

I do think there's another great Pennywise out there somewhere. If IT ever gets made into a feature film the producers will just have to find him.
raasnio

Postby dlsevern » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm sure of that, I just can't imagine who it could be, I guess it could really be anyone. Heath Ledger surprised the hell out of me as The Joker so I won't disregard anyone.
dlsevern

Postby raasnio » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:06 am

dlsevern wrote:I'm sure of that, I just can't imagine who it could be, I guess it could really be anyone. Heath Ledger surprised the hell out of me as The Joker so I won't disregard anyone.

Great example.

What struck me about IT the TV 'movie' was that it was so tame compared to the novel which I thought was one of King's scariest of all time. It's as though it was made with good intentions, but inherently restrained because it wasn't being made for theaters or a cable network that takes chances.
raasnio

Postby dlsevern » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:03 pm

That's right, it was shown on primetime television wasn't it. If HBO got ahold of it, they would have done IT more justice. Plus networks couldn't get away with nearly as much back then as compared to now.
dlsevern

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:47 am

It came out as a three hour dvd as well.

And would love to see it remade.. but then how do you fit the backstory in..

Same as The Stand.. they tried, but there was so much back story to everybody...

Maybe they could make it two films..
Back story in the first, which as we know has some good stuff in.
Then the second film as the main part up to date..
It worked for the last harry potter book.

So, this Halloween, instead of taking the kids out trick or treating, which i dont really believe in.. I was thinking showing them HELLRAISER and HALLOWEEN 3; SEASON OF THE WITCH..

My two girls are 12 and 10, but they have been seeing horror movies since they were about 9 or 10 (thanks their mum)

So they shouldnt be too traumatised..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby jerry0503222 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:50 am

I'd have to really give this one more thought ... Relic was the first thing that popped in my head because it was such a bad adaptation from a book.

EZ, (Hey Buddy!) I am so with you on Escape From New York ... LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!

Postby dlsevern » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:52 am

I loved horror movies when I was their age, shouldn't be a problem for you, by the way, I don't know if you've seen Insidious but I thought it was a great horror film.

As for IT dreab, I think that two 3 1/2 hour movies would be an appropriate amount of time for a film version, of course that would be the DVD extended cut, the theatrical release might have to be trimmed a bit. It should be similar to the way they did the t.v. series where the first part centers on The Losers being kids and the second film centers on their adult selves, with an ample amount of time devoted in both films to some of Derry's history with Pennywise.
dlsevern

Postby dlsevern » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:55 am

Relic is in order of a remake, the original film was very disapointing and like I've said before, Pendergast needs to be in it quite a bit so they can move on to the other Pendergast stories.
dlsevern

Next

Return to Multi-Media