RMCP Musical Ride

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

RMCP Musical Ride

Postby Cawdorgraves » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:04 am

We had the pleasure of attending this tonight here in Ottawa. What a marvelous event, other than the giant beast of a man standing in front of quite a few people who blocked countless people's view of the spectacle. Sorry to be negative, and towards people with different heights but if you are tall and you know people are behind you, don't think they ought to be aware of people behind them having their view obstructed.

The musical ride itself, missed the first few minutes but we got to enjoy RCMP dogs going through an obstacle course, the final dog managed to jump over an 8ft wall - very impressive, horses engaged in a competition of jumping over barriers (forgetting its name at the moment), there was a fantastic pipe and drum marching band with highlander dancers, the tactical elite force did a demonstration, and finally the spectacle of the musical ride which had some absolutely breathtaking horses and riders in their red serge. The coordination of the riders and the various maneuvers were needless to say quite impressive to watch.

For anyone who has an opportunity to see this - GET THERE EARLY TO GET NON OBSTRUCTED seats, otherwise fight the crowds for good vantage points.

Happy Canada Day!

CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Re: RMCP Musical Ride

Postby Luna » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:39 pm

It's coming to Penticton on the 20th - haven't seen it in years so I'm really looking forward to it!
Luna

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 pm

I've never seen it. I wonder when it will be around here again?

I worked at the local RCMP detachment briefly, right after graduating high school. One of the female constables left to train with the Musical Ride while I worked there. I think female riders were a bit of a rarity in it way back then. She was pretty darned excited about getting the opportunity.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Luna » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:01 am

Not sure exactly where you are Mbwun but there's lots of dates in the Lower Mainland area later this summer. Here's the schedule:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/mr-ce/tour-eng.htm
Luna

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks! Looks like they're going to be here in Langley at the end of August. Now to figure out where to find a Ticketmaster office around here - since I don't do online purchasing.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Cawdorgraves » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 pm

The show was free here in Ottawa but as it was performed at the main head quarters they may not require guests to pay. Other cities may have different expectations.

Hope you get to see this unique spectacle.

CG
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Return to Multi-Media