The Curse of Oak Island

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

The Curse of Oak Island

Postby Cawdorgraves » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:41 pm

Revealing the Mystery

If someone were to claim they knew a story that involved the Holy Grail, a band of pirates, William Shakespeare, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Edgar Allan Poe, you might think the tale was a riddle or a fanciful movie script. However, one particular site in Canada holds a history that brings together all of these elements and more.

My personal association:

Having grown up at our families cottage in Martin's Point, NS which has quite an array of visible properties of various things in view - the most intriguing has always been Oak Island. A neighbor of mine even attempted to embark on going down 10X pit to reveal some secrets.

This past week I discovered that the History channel is airing the documentary "The Curse of Oak Island" about the latest brother team to take on the challenge and unlock the mysteries of Oak Island. There have been 4 episodes aired thus far with more to come. I am quite enthralled by the journey thus far.

This website will certainly reveal spoilers that the show has not yet exposed and unraveled but I wished to share it none the less as we all are intrigued by conspiracies and historical events.

http://www.oakislandmoneypit.com/

Yarrr Maties

~ CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Re: The Curse of Oak Island

Postby raasnio » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:41 am

Been watching this program. Oak Island is interesting, but the show is a little underwhelming. Still, I keep watching because I don't need a huge discovery for it to be worthwhile, but I do need something.

Hopefully they find something. Even if I doubt it will be some storied artifact, I'm sure there must be something there.

Wait, does the site you linked to tell what they've found? If anything?
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Cawdorgraves » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:23 am

I'm still reading it. The website is quite in depth of the history and hunt of the many different attempts at searching for the treasure. Considering the website hints that the secrets have been revealed, and it says to anyone watching the show to not necessarily read the whole article to avoid any spoilers I am betting that yes there are facts or actual discoveries revealed in the document.

I will finish reading it tomorrow and have a better definitive answer. However, I still wish to see it via the program to see how they came to find the facts and unlock the mysteries that this Island has held on quite dearly for 200+ years.

Next time I am in NS I hope to go and visit the island or as best I can to see things for myself up close. I was a child last time I stepped foot on the island but as I mentioned before, we can easily see the island from a far. Sadly that doesn't mean I can touch or feel things up close. haha! Need to experience it just the same.

enjoy the hunt.

CG
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby raasnio » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:57 am

Great to hear it. If you do maybe you can get some images as well.

It is an interesting place.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Return to Multi-Media