Batman

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby Hydebound » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:22 am

Steely, my friend Nate informs me that the redhead in question is someone called Batwoman. He says she was in '52'. I read that, and seem to have a faint recollection of the character. Looks like Harvey wants to be the Bat as well, and that could be Azrael in front of him, with Damian and, uh- Dick Grayson(?) to the side. The cast is getting out of hand again; where's Ace the Bat-Hound?
Hydebound

Postby steelclaw32 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks for that Hyde, but Babs is coming back quite possibly as Batgirl or the "new" Batwoman ...maybe, or not.! As in...
:

on sale March 18, 2009.
ORACLE #1 (OF 3)

Written by Kevin VanHook; Art by Don Kramer and Jay Leisten; Cover by Guillem March

Part 1 of 3-part story that will change the life of Oracle forever! Barbara Gordon, after disbanding the Birds of Prey, returns to Gotham City as a recluse only to lose herself to her Oracle identity entirely. But when the evil Calculator seeks the remnants of the Anti-Life Equation to save the life of his daughter, Oracle will be caught in the crossfire, and Barbara Gordon will pay the ultimate price

Of course your local comic shop/store will have it sometime earlier. :lol:
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby Hydebound » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:34 am

Barbara will pay the ultimate price? I don't like the sound of that. Hasn't the poor girl been through enough already? And how does the Joker keep pulling this stuff without repercussions? I should think Ghandi would be screaming for his blood by now. Ace the Bat-Hound would have torn the bastard's throat out a long time ago.
Hydebound

Postby steelclaw32 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:02 am

We'll have to wait and see Hyde. Eh.?
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:21 am

I must be the last person in the known universe, but I finally watched the two movies back to back, and was hooked.
Nicely explained back story, just enough fight scenes to push it along. A little bit too much gadgetry for me. At 1 stage I expected Q to come in and say something. BAT VISION to see into a building????
The joker was excellent. the defining scenes were him twisting Dents mind, and when only part of the hospital blew up. But, and this might cause some interest I hope....
There is no doubt Ledger would have been nominated for an oscar, but would he have won it if he was still alive???
I think we could say he probably will win, but hopefully for the right reason.
And I still rate Nicholson as up there with Ledger, as the joker.

And one final question which could certainly be answered by someone who sadly cannot now....
How did the joker gets his Split face. in the film he gave two reasons, his father and himself. which one is right????
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby SickThing » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 am

dreab trawets wrote:And I still rate Nicholson as up there with Ledger, as the joker.

I hated Nicholson as the Joker. By the time of The Shining, Nicholson could only play himself---and by the time of Batman, it was even worse. The same character---Jack Nicholson. IMO.

How did the joker gets his Split face. in the film he gave two reasons, his father and himself. which one is right????

I personally think that neither of those was the truth....

Hunter
SickThing

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:24 am

Ok, i concede that from the Shining, to Cuckoo Nest, he did play the same character, but what a character.

Also, forgot to ask...
Any body heard the rumour that Johnny Depp might be up to play The Joker, or the next villian.
I know Nolan said he wouldn't do the joker again. But this is Hollywood.
And money talks.

And to re release The Dark Knight in cinema's, for the 'OSCAR'S', and not for the money, Please....

My twopence worth
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby raasnio » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:00 am

dreab trawets wrote:Ok, i concede that from the Shining, to Cuckoo Nest, he did play the same character, but what a character.

Also, forgot to ask...
Any body heard the rumour that Johnny Depp might be up to play The Joker, or the next villian.
I know Nolan said he wouldn't do the joker again. But this is Hollywood.
And money talks.

And to re release The Dark Knight in cinema's, for the 'OSCAR'S', and not for the money, Please....

My twopence worth

I've been following the 'rumor mill' and those in the know have shot down all casting rumors save for Rachel Weisz as Catwoman. That's not to say it's 100% true as the story is just now being worked on, but Catwoman is the kind of real world character that could work in Nolan's Bat-world. Personally, I think we've seen enough Catwoman, but Nolan is batting a thousand so who knows.

Money isn't everything. Christopher Nolan wants to make movies. At this point the studios need him more than he needs them so he's holding the cards and will decide what happens next. I think it's safe to say that re-casting the Joker would be akin to re-casting Indiana Jones. It just isn't likely nor would it go down well with the public at large. You might even say that such an attempt could sink the next film just when it looks like this new series is about to become even bigger. In the end it will be Nolan's name on the credits and it's more than obvious that he cares about the final product.

Re-releasing the film because of the Academy Awards nominations is smart. It helps to reinforce the strength and legs of the film while giving people a chance to see it on the big screen again. If it's on IMAX screens as well, which I think it will be, then I'll be going back again. I had no chance to see the huge screen version and had to settle for the big screen treatment. ;)

As for Nicholson he did seem to play the same character again and again. His early films such as the Shining and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are pretty special films, while later movies seemed to show him as a typecast actor doing what the studios expected him to do. It is because of this that a film such as 'As Good As It Gets' is more than welcome.
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Already a rumour mill about Johnny Depp as the riddler

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=08WajOUzYoI

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H8MUAAI9xBo
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:17 pm

I think Simon would have gotten a good laff out of this:

It's from a Fark Photoshop Contest with the theme, "How cartoon characters are handling the recession".
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Mbwun,

I'm laffing too.

With the high price of web silk, perhaps Spider-man now uses a window washer's scaffold?

Slade
Slade

Postby Hydebound » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:21 am

I thought I saw Green Lantern running down the street with a candle. I could be wrong.
Hydebound

Postby Slade » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Good news for Superman. Low commodity prices have killed the drive to uncover new sources of Kryptonite.
Slade

Postby Hydebound » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:44 am

On the other hand, his Fortress of Solitude is being torn down to make room for a strip mall.
Hydebound

Postby Slade » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Home evictions due to the subprime mortgage crisis have reached new lows...right down to the Crypt:

http://indycomicnews.net:80/wp-content/ ... rypt_4.jpg
Slade

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media