Batman

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:40 pm

David Tennant, Doctor Who number 10, (now on number 11)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/characters/doctor.shtml

David Tennant as Hamlet

http://www.rsc.org.uk/whatson/5723.aspx
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby raasnio » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

PohlSE wrote:
On March 10, 2010, Nolan confirmed his involvement with a sequel and gave some information regarding the story. The next Batman film will be Nolan's last and a conclusion to the story. Nolan says, "Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story . . . I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters. My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories. That’s what we do.” Nolan has also confirmed that Jonathan Nolan is writing the script and that the villain of the film “won't be Mr. Freeze.”

A conclusion to the story?

Sure, at least so far as Nolan's Batman series is concerned. I am very pleased that he made this statement. This means that this next film won't simply be 'another entry' but a key piece in the story that he, his brother, and Goyer laid out. Furthermore, when the next Batman film from another director/production team is made it will be unrelated to this series. Nolan's vision stays very much intact and the next team can have their own take on the character(s).
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby i.am.sladist » Sat May 01, 2010 7:37 pm

I LOVE BATMAN!!!! HE'S MY HERO!!!
=P
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:04 am

The next Batman film, due out middle of 2012. Nolan directs....
called The Dark Knight Rising, or Rises..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby TBLightning492 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19122/-dark-knight-rises-villains-revealed

The Dark Knight Rises finally has a pair of villains. I trust Nolan in his choices for cast (seriously, who would have EVER thought Heath Ledger could make that great of a Joker?), so I'm assuming the trilogy will end well... and not a hint of Robin to be found.
TBLightning492

Postby Slade » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Haven't seen you for a while.

Welcome back.

Slade
Slade

Postby Cawdorgraves » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:57 am

Ok I love Anne Hathaway. I have ever since I saw her in Nicholas Nickelby.
And I know the catwoman character.

Who is Bane though? for the life of me I can't seem to figure out who this character is or what role they play in the story of Batman.

CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby PohlSE » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Bane is a super-strong, super-smart, ex-con who has had his physical attributes amped up with a serum called "Venom," which was developed by Hugo Strange to create someone who could kill Batman.

Bane eventually broke Batman's back and declared himself "The man who broke the Bat."

Bruce Wayne was a paraplegic and had to turn over the mantle of "Batman" to the anti-hero Azrael. Azrael had no moral code against killing and eventually, in the guise of Batman, beat Bane almost to death.

Pardon me, my inner geek slipped out...
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby raasnio » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm just glad that Nolan & Co. are going to give Bane the proper treatment. Hardy seems like a perfect choice for that role.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Cawdorgraves » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:30 am

so the series changed for a turn. Batman became some rogue soldier free to unleash whatever he wished unto Gotham. Seems quite contrary to the character and intent of what Batman stood for.

It'll certainly be an interesting change of pace with this final film. Very sad frankly cause I love the new revived series. give it 4-6 films not just 3. Nolan has created an incredible character.

CG
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Previous

Return to Multi-Media