Batman

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby Hydebound » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Didn't we get rid of her in November? I wish we could help; we ghouls have to stick together. And how will this effect capital "Gaines" taxes?
Hydebound

Postby Slade » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Those taxes will soon be "Palin'" next to the cost of the overall bailout.
Slade

Postby Hydebound » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Que Sarah, Sarah...
Hydebound

Postby Mbwun » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 am

I'm not quite sure what Simon would have had to say about this, but I sure he'd have had something to say:

http://justpressplay.net/movies/movie-n ... ?task=view
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:37 am

Mbwun wrote:I'm not quite sure what Simon would have had to say about this, but I sure he'd have had something to say:

http://justpressplay.net/movies/movie-n ... ?task=view

http://www.specialx.net/specialxbbs/vie ... &start=180

Top of the page...
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Hydebound » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:19 am

Mbwun, this is almost like having Steely back; he would surely have posted this and we would be in the middle of a spirited discussion right now. Thanks.
Hydebound

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:23 am

Can anyone confirm this...
Reports that Batwoman will be in the next set of DC comics, playing up and actively promoting her lesbian tendencies. Whilst the fight for batmans cape overtakes Gotham City
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby WaywardSoul » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 pm

dreab trawets wrote:Can anyone confirm this...
Reports that Batwoman will be in the next set of DC comics, playing up and actively promoting her lesbian tendencies. Whilst the fight for batmans cape overtakes Gotham City

It's true, for the most part.

Batwoman will take over as the lead character in DETECTIVE COMICS for 12 issues.

The current Batwoman was revealed as a lesbian several years ago, so only the writers know how much that will play a part in the storyline. She's also Jewish, by the way.

Isn't it ironic that the Batwoman character was originally introduced as a love interest for Batman to disprove allegations of homosexuality, in response to the backlash from the book SEDUCTION of the INNOCENT?

...And for all you Joker fans, you really need to grab a copy of Brian Azzarello's graphic novel THE JOKER. One of the best graphic novels I've read in a year or more. It gives THE KILLING JOKE a run for the money.

http://www.amazon.com/Joker-Brian-Azzar ... 104&sr=1-1
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa
WaywardSoul

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 pm

OK, on you guys recommendations, and as i have never bought or read these styles of comic book.
I am about to order
Joker
The killing Joke
Arkham asylum anniversary edition
Is this a good place to start, or could these stand up by themselves
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 pm

d.t., that's a very good place to start!

You're in for a treat, if you've never read a graphic novel! Look at them as "comics" on steroids.

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Cheers boss, at £25.00 for all three, and in hardback editions, Amazon have done me proud again.

Cross topic pollination, but ITV are showing a great mini series called WHITECHAPEL. about someone copying the Jack the Ripper killings down to the exact details, as given to him by a ripper-ologist on a website.
Even down to the way they were cut, and gutted, but did not do the double event, because most ripper-ologist think the third one was by a copy-cat.
One to keep an eye on me thinks.
How goes it with SPOOKS....(MI-5)
Have you got a copy of Spooks Code 9 yet?
dreab trawets

Postby Slade » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:30 pm

No, we only have SPOOKS up to the end of Series 5.

What I'm hooked on at the moment is CHANCER. I'd never heard of it until I spotted the series on the library shelf. My first inkling of Clive Owen was SECOND SIGHT. Then I went back to CROUPIER. CHANCER takes me back to 1990, when Owen was 28 (he's now 47). Seeing how it's by Ted Childs, who gave us INSPECTOR MORSE, INSPECTOR LEWIS, KAVANAGH Q.C., HEAT OF THE SUN, etc., I knew I couldn't go wrong. What a lot of drama out of saving a car company.

Also, Leslie Phillips is a wonder to watch. No one does the smarmy Englishman better than he does! His first part was in 1938, and he's still going strong. Look at this list of films:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0680587/

Here's Phillips with Peter O'Toole:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3201014016/nm0680587
Slade

Postby suityou316 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I watched Batman Begins for the first time since it came out on DVD. Been waiting for my brother to get me the Batman Begins/The Dark Knight Blu Ray boxset with his staff discount and finally got it tonight.
Totally amazing in 1080p HD, but what made me wonder is, this microwave emitter that vapourises all water nearby, Batman and Liam Neeson;s character fight on the train, banging up against the emitter, rolling across it, etc.
Now, as the human body is 60-70% water how did that not vapourise and leave them both dead?

Oh! And dt, if you're getting into graphic novels and you enjoyed Whitehall, then get Alan Moore's From Hell, you'll love it! I read a friend's copy years ago and just before Xmas I was in Forbidden Planet and they had the hardback edition of From Hell, signed by Eddie Campbell, the artist who did the drawings (now just need somehow to meet Alan Moore and get him to sign it too) and it was great reading it again, such a great story and much better than the dodgy film version with Johnny Depp (which I do actually enjoy as a Sunday afternoon veg and watch a film type film)
But it also reminded me of the original TV version from 1988(9?) with Michael Caine as Abberline, I must get round to finding out if that version's available on DVD.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ripper-DVD ... 626&sr=8-3
suityou316

Postby Cawdorgraves » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:12 am

Oh baby oh baby! But dang it we have to wait until 2011 to see this.

Just a few images and I'm already excited. But who is this guy David Tennant really? But for sure it's gonna rock. Sure hope the name isn't The Dark Knight Returns as they can certainly be more creative than that.

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/batman/imag ... -3-posters

Be sure to look through the arrows left/right to view all the different posters.

CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby PohlSE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:56 pm

On March 10, 2010, Nolan confirmed his involvement with a sequel and gave some information regarding the story. The next Batman film will be Nolan's last and a conclusion to the story. Nolan says, "Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story . . . I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters. My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories. That’s what we do.” Nolan has also confirmed that Jonathan Nolan is writing the script and that the villain of the film “won't be Mr. Freeze.”

A conclusion to the story?
PohlSE
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media