The Triune Brain

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby Slade » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Good news for the Triune Brain:

Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy charmed moviegoers in 1995’s “Before Sunrise,” then followed that up with “Before Sunset” in 2004.

New York magazine's Vulture reports that the actors, along with the film's director Richard Linklater, are working on a third romantic film.

Ethan Hawke, 41, tells French publication AlloCine that he, Delpy and Linklater are putting their heads together. "I don't know what we're going to do but I know the three of us have been talking a lot in the last six months," the actor reveals. "All three of us have been having similar feelings that we're ready to revisit those characters.”

In “Before Sunrise,” American Jesse (Hawke) and French Celine (Delpy) meet on a train and spend a starry-eyed night together in Vienna. In “Before Sunset,” the older, wiser pair reunite for a day in Paris.

Hawke says the pressure’s on to keep the next film consistent:

“There's nine years between the first two movies and, if we made the film next summer, it would be nine years again so we've really started thinking that would be a good thing to do,” he explained. “We're going to try to write it this year."
Slade

Postby EZ Rhino » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Before Daylight Saving Time?
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Slade » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:55 pm

Ha, ha.

Before Midnight?
Slade

Postby krista in ma » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:47 am

Before Death? Those two kids make one last go of it...
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby Slade » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:14 am

For those of you new to the Board, krista's the one who figured out whether they did it in BEFORE SUNRISE.

All the guys missed the clue.

Slade
Slade

Postby EZ Rhino » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:55 am

I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Slade » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 pm

EZ,

Thanks for that!

You will soon learn how helpful it was.

Slade
Slade

Re: The Triune Brain

Postby EZ Rhino » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Ethan Hawke did a question and answer session on reddit. Talked about the Sunrise movies:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1fq1h6/i_am_ethan_hawke_amaa/

Here's one of his answers from it:

When we set out to make BEFORE SUNRISE, Julie and I had a lot of apprehension about the level of dialogue Linklater wanted to be in the movie. "Nothing's happening! Shouldn't it at least be funny? Is this boring?" and Rick answered that he'd never been in a helicopter crash, he'd never been involved in any espionage, he'd never been to Outer Space, and yet his life felt full of drama. And the most dramatic thing that ever happened to him was the experience of truly connecting with another person. And he really wanted to try to make a movie about that, about that connection, about that exchange of energy, ideas, and all the dialogue in BEFORE SUNRISE, SUNSET and MIDNIGHT is chasing that connection. So whether it's about politics, love, identity, spiritual yearning, sex - anything at all - it's written with the goal of trying to uncover "the space between" two people.
EZ Rhino

Postby Slade » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:25 pm

So that explains why these movies are my favorite "Romances." They penetrate to a whole new level.
Slade

Postby krista in ma » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Has anyone seen it yet? It's playing nearby. I'm debating whether to rewatch the first two so that they're more fresh in my mind, or see the BM pretty independent of the first two. I'm thinking I might enjoy it more if I've not got the second on my mind (as I much preferred the first in the series).
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby Slade » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:52 am

I'll see it as soon as I get back from New Orleans, and hopefully watch the other two the night before.
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:44 am

Just an FYI for those of you who are fans of the first two films ...

I saw used DVD copies of BEFORE MIDNIGHT for sale at a video rental place here today. Thought I'd let you all know, in case you didn't already know it was out on home video.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Previous

Return to Multi-Media