Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh will the remakes never quit?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby EZ Rhino » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:57 am

Just saw the prequel. Decent. Gory stuff with the usual suspects wandering away from the group to be dispatched forthwith. Mary Elizabeth Winstead was ok in it. See it for free if you got nothing else to do.
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby ScottDBetson » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:27 pm

I think that the remakes will never end because there are alot of idiotic people who do a ton of drugs then say lets remake this and remake that if it isnt a comic book adaptation film, or n adaptation of a novel or an orgininal film then it reallly to me doesnt seem like it will be a good film especially if its a horror franchise like friday the 13th or nightmare on elm st.
The Names Betson, Scott Betson, and welcome to the Forum of No Return
ScottDBetson

Postby jellybelly » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Sorry i haven't read through all the posts but i take it you are sick of remakes popping up all over the place :wink:

Do you feel any of the remakes where any good ? The remakes i quite enjoyed as i can remember are The girl with the dragon tattoo (although most argue it isn't a remake), The hills have eyes and Friday the 13th (a lot of people complained about this but after growing up watching all the older ones i really like what they did with Jason this time around, he's more of a hunter and he's FAST).
jellybelly

Re: Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh will the remakes never quit?

Postby Mbwun » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm

How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 am

NO
NO
NO
BLOODY EX COLONIALS
GET YOUR OWN IDEAS..
NO
NO
NO

Lucy Liu as Ms Watson..

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/891597-lucy-l ... elementary
:evil: :shock:
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 am

NO
NO
NO
BLOODY EX COLONIALS
GET YOUR OWN IDEAS..
NO
NO
NO

Lucy Liu as Ms Watson..

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/891597-lucy-l ... elementary
:evil: :shock:
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 am

SO BAD I POSTED IT TWICE..
:lol:
dreab trawets

Postby jellybelly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 am

dreab trawets wrote:SO BAD I POSTED IT TWICE..

Seriously :cry:

I appreciate the need to 'refresh' certain things but that is a bad idea ! I mean who saw the first remake Sherlock Holmes, well re - imagining really, for what it was i liked it to a certain extent but if like myself you grew up with Basil Rathbone, Jeremy Brett and the books you can understand the 'WTF !!' viewpoint.

I haven't got around to watching the newer sequel because last i heard of it it was veering towards a homosexual plot device between Holmes and Watson, again WTF !! :mrgreen:

Oh and lastly, we have a Robocop remake to look forward to supposedly...altogether now "groan" :lol:
jellybelly

Postby raasnio » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 am

jellybelly wrote:
dreab trawets wrote:SO BAD I POSTED IT TWICE..

Seriously :cry:

I appreciate the need to 'refresh' certain things but that is a bad idea ! I mean who saw the first remake Sherlock Holmes, well re - imagining really, for what it was i liked it to a certain extent but if like myself you grew up with Basil Rathbone, Jeremy Brett and the books you can understand the 'WTF !!' viewpoint.

I haven't got around to watching the newer sequel because last i heard of it it was veering towards a homosexual plot device between Holmes and Watson, again WTF !! :mrgreen:

Oh and lastly, we have a Robocop remake to look forward to supposedly...altogether now "groan" :lol:

Re-imaginings, remakes, & reboots are all only as good as the filmmakers behind them. Sherlock Holmes has a talented team behind the latest two films. James Bond even more so.

Robocop has aged. Could it use a refresh? Yes. Will it be good? Maybe. I haven't seen Elite Squad yet, but I hear the films are good so that gives me hope.

Oh, and as for 'homosexual plot devices' that's just silly. Sherlock Holmes doesn't go that far, there's just more of a point that Holmes would rather have Watson at his side than off with some 'wife'. He needs him after all. This is in the stories as well.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Mbwun » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Here's a sequel that I could actually get behind:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17237364

The original was big, loud, totally ridiculous, and highly entertaining.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby jellybelly » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:03 pm

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/mgm-find ... l-kinnaman

A bit more info about the Robocop remake. Although another source says it isn't a remake as such it's what happens between Murphey's 'death' and rebirth as Robocop, erm, okay then. :roll:
jellybelly

Postby Mbwun » Mon May 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Bad enough they're remaking HIGHLANDER, but Ryan Reynolds as its star???

No ... just no!!!

http://gammasquad.uproxx.com/2012/05/ry ... highlander

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dlsevern » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:52 pm

The only remake that I care about is IT, I just read recently that Cary Fukunaga will direct a new adaptation of Stephen King's IT. It will be two movies and have an R rating. I always enjoyed the 90's miniseries but it wasn't a very good adaptation of King's novel. Hopefully (fingers crossed), this adaptation will get more into the meat of King's novel and will include more of the disturbing images that were in the novel.
dlsevern

Postby raasnio » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:43 pm

dlsevern wrote:The only remake that I care about is IT, I just read recently that Cary Fukunaga will direct a new adaptation of Stephen King's IT. It will be two movies and have an R rating. I always enjoyed the 90's miniseries but it wasn't a very good adaptation of King's novel. Hopefully (fingers crossed), this adaptation will get more into the meat of King's novel and will include more of the disturbing images that were in the novel.

The book is ripe for an awesome film adaptation. I just hope it gets the treatment it deserves/needs.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby EZ Rhino » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 am

The spider thingy at the end of the miniseries was quite the letdown. Interested to see how far they could take Pennywise though. Who would play him? Anybody but Shia Lebouef...
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media