[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh will the remakes never quit?

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh will the remakes never quit?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby Mbwun » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Not sure if it's going to be a remake, reboot, prequel, or sequel, but it seems that Ridley Scott has enjoyed revisiting the world of ALIEN so much that he's not going to revisit BLADERUNNER:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/ridley- ... de-runner/
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:27 am

I hope he remakes Blade Runner. Sure, it was great for its time, but I find it rather boring. I really like his films and I think he could improve upon this one.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Mbwun » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Glad I'm not the only one around here who finds the film boring. I had a hard time seeing it all the way through years ago when it first came out on home video. Probably the reason I've only seen it the one time.

I see copies of it show up used from time to time and am tempted to buy one and watch it again, but the experience I had the first time keeps preventing my from doing so.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Seeing Daryl Hannah in BLADE RUNNER was the inspiration for Katherine Spann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9t5ikxjAQ4
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:43 pm

I remember you saying that quite some time ago. To be honest, I could never quite understand the appeal of Daryl Hannah.

I guess Ridley's brother Tony couldn't stand his brother getting all the remake attention:

No .... just NO! Obviously, there is no film that is sacred in Hollywood any more.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby EZ Rhino » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Um, sacred and hollywood don't belong in the same sentence. They shouldn't even be in the same language!!
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby PohlSE » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Personally, I always enjoyed Blade Runner. However, I think I am one of three people on earth who liked the original version with the laconic narration better then the endlessly re-mastered versions. Each one trying to make it all more "arty."

It's time we storm the studio vaults and rescue all the classic films before any more hack-remakes are dreamed up!

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby raasnio » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 am

The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio

Postby Mbwun » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:24 pm

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:26 am

raasnio

Postby Mbwun » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Well, I haven't had the butter fingers problem yet, and there's no kids around here. I don't let anyone other than me touch my DVDs.

I'm still using the 36" Toshiba Cinema Series CRT TV that I bought back in 1999 - can't afford to upgrade at the moment. And I haven't been able to set up my surround sound system, as the room I have here for watching movies is too small for my speakers.

I don't know how good it is to just have my speakers sitting around not being used, but at least I kept all the original packing material they came in, and packed them away in it when we moved almost 6 years ago.

I know you can get some rather compact surround sound systems now, but I can't afford one. Besides, if I ever find myself in the position of having a large enough room for these speakers, I'd like to use them again if possible.

They're Energy Connoisseurs - the kind that were available in the '90s - with a rather sexy looking black lacquer finish. C8s for main speakers, C4s for the surround speakers, with the black lacquer finish centre channel speaker. I often wish I'd sprung the extra $150 for the 12" black lacquer finish subwoofer instead of the matte finish 10" subwoofer I did get - just so it would match the others.

My brother uses a pair of C6s for the sound system in his living room that he uses to listen to music.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 pm

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby raasnio » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 am

raasnio

Postby i.am.sladist » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:37 am

I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby raasnio » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 am

raasnio

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media