Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh will the remakes never quit?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh will the remakes never quit?

Postby jellybelly » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:21 am

dlsevern wrote:The only remake that I care about is IT, I just read recently that Cary Fukunaga will direct a new adaptation of Stephen King's IT. It will be two movies and have an R rating. I always enjoyed the 90's miniseries but it wasn't a very good adaptation of King's novel. Hopefully (fingers crossed), this adaptation will get more into the meat of King's novel and will include more of the disturbing images that were in the novel.

I took into account what you said in another topic and ordered the IT book (it was you that said it was your favourite novel ?), received it this morning, wow it's quite a hefty book, look forward to reading it although i may try and get hold of the Tim Curry film first, watch it then see what MORE the book has if you understand me :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby dlsevern » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm

I will warn you jellybelly, the miniseries is full of cheesy dialogue. As far as the ending of the miniseries goes Rhino, it didn't really explain much about IT and where it came from, but the novel goes into it in much greater detail and the whole spider thingy makes much more sense.
dlsevern

Postby jellybelly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:29 pm

dlsevern wrote:I will warn you jellybelly, the miniseries is full of cheesy dialogue. As far as the ending of the miniseries goes Rhino, it didn't really explain much about IT and where it came from, but the novel goes into it in much greater detail and the whole spider thingy makes much more sense.

Much as i enjoyed the TV movie the book is WAY better. I am only up to around page 220 but i agree, once the new film/s get made they will have to be rated 18 / R, even the part where Ben meets the gang, the dam scene, is quite brutal not just a "oh hi guys" like the TV movie had :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby dlsevern » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeah, the kids aren't quite as proper in the novel as they were in the tv movie. They cuss, some smoke, and the novel itself is of a more mature nature than the miniseries. Pennywise is way scarier in the novel too. In the miniseries you see Tim Curry telling corny jokes and yukking it up, but the Pennywise in the novel was very disturbing and not funny at all. To tell the truth, I would rather it be an NC-17 rating or Unrated movie so it could be even closer to the novel but studios usually see those ratings as a death sentence for a movie, so I will be satisfied to get the R rating.
dlsevern

Postby jellybelly » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

dlsevern wrote:Yeah, the kids aren't quite as proper in the novel as they were in the tv movie. They cuss, some smoke, and the novel itself is of a more mature nature than the miniseries. Pennywise is way scarier in the novel too. In the miniseries you see Tim Curry telling corny jokes and yukking it up, but the Pennywise in the novel was very disturbing and not funny at all. To tell the truth, I would rather it be an NC-17 rating or Unrated movie so it could be even closer to the novel but studios usually see those ratings as a death sentence for a movie, so I will be satisfied to get the R rating.

Yes most studios go for the 'safe' option when making movies unfortunately which i suppose makes sense for making money but this is why i love the medium of the DVD, despite what we may see on the cinema you can be sure they will release an uncut / unedited / directors cut etc of the film.
jellybelly

Postby dlsevern » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Yes most studios go for the 'safe' option when making movies unfortunately which i suppose makes sense for making money but this is why i love the medium of the DVD, despite what we may see on the cinema you can be sure they will release an uncut / unedited / directors cut etc of the film.

I rarely even go to the movies anymore because of the fact that you can usually pick up the uncut/unedited/unrated DVD and get to see the director's true vision for less in a rental store, or for nothing via the internet if you're the thieving kind.
dlsevern

Postby jellybelly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:00 am

dlsevern wrote:

I rarely even go to the movies anymore because of the fact that you can usually pick up the uncut/unedited/unrated DVD and get to see the director's true vision for less in a rental store, or for nothing via the internet if you're the thieving kind.

I hardly go the cinema too but for other reasons, the prices and the people, it annoys me how people pay what can be a lot of money, ticket prices, popcorn, sweets, as a rough guide here in the UK, around £8.00 for a ticket, £4.00 for popcorn and so on to just sit there chattering away through the film or just messing around in general, i pay to watch and enjoy ha,ha :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:39 am

If I go to see a film, by myself, then I go during a weekday, when the kids are in school.
Cheaper prices.
Less people
And the Vue cinema near me does a kids meal type thing.
Drink, small popcorn, chocolate bar..
And that does me.
So change from a ten pound note..

Unless I go double feature, then change from 15 pounds.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Judy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 pm

That's why I prefer to watch DVD's instead . . . potty breaks, snacks, whatever - without missing any of the action. And it's usually cheaper than a ticket. :D :D
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby jellybelly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:45 pm

dreab trawets wrote:If I go to see a film, by myself, then I go during a weekday, when the kids are in school.
Cheaper prices.
Less people
And the Vue cinema near me does a kids meal type thing.
Drink, small popcorn, chocolate bar..
And that does me.
So change from a ten pound note..

Unless I go double feature, then change from 15 pounds.

Nice, they should do the same up this neck of the woods. I usually go to the cinema in the Printworks in Manchester that's probably why it's pricey. I too prefer viewings in the week but circumstances usually veer towards the weekend. In fact me and the missus are going to watch that new Spiderman film on Saturday.
jellybelly

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Even I am dubious about this one..

http:/imdb.com/title/tt1408101/

And pohlse...
Deep breathe before reading..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Cawdorgraves » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:49 pm

I personally quite enjoyed the Star Trek reboot with the actors who were selected to play the famous characters.

So I say bring it on.

And this is from a serious Star Wars fan. Yet even stronger Middle Earth fan.
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby PohlSE » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 am

dreab trawets wrote:Even I am dubious about this one..

http:/imdb.com/title/tt1408101/

And pohlse...
Deep breathe before reading..

Thank you for the warning.

It's sad that they will continue to strip the flesh off the corpse of the franchise to make these brainless reboots/sequels.
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:43 am

Can remember like it was yesterday those worms going into the ears.

Looking back it seems tame now, but back then....
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:58 pm

And in the "is this really necessary" department, they're now going to make a US version of DOC MARTIN.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/doc-martin- ... 201435756/

Ugh!!!
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media