[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - So what are reading these days?

So what are reading these days?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby Slade » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:35 pm

Slade

Postby kit » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:31 pm

kit

Postby Slade » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:06 pm

Slade

Postby Syl » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:28 pm

I am the dawning of a new age
Syl

Postby kit » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:43 am

kit

Postby moonflee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:00 am

Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby LivingDeadGirl » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:18 am

Pleasure is the child of pain
LivingDeadGirl

Postby raasnio » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:55 pm

The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby moonflee » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:21 pm

Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby simonkurt » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm

simonkurt

Postby TBLightning492 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:17 pm

Frankenstein, Book Two: City of Night by Dean Koontz and Ed Gorman
The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum
Red by Jack Ketchum
Steroid Blues by Richard LA Plante
Infernal by F. Paul Wilson
Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
Lost Dinosaurs Of Egypt by William Nothdurft and Josh Smith
TBLightning492

Postby Mbwun » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Recently read "Tigana", by Guy Gavriel Kay. A lot of people have never heard of Kay. He's a Canadian writer who lives in Europe these days. If you're into Fantasy, I'd highly recommend his stuff. He's an excellent writer, and this is an excellent book.

Most recently read "Memoirs of a Geisha", by Arthur Golden. Wow ... just Wow! It's amazing to think that a man wrote this book, and that it's his first novel. I just gobbled this book up from beginning to end. Haven't seen the film yet - I'm waiting for the book to digest for a while before I do.

Now reading "Long John Silver: The True and Eventful History of My Life of Liberty and Adventure As a Gentleman of Fortune & Enemy to Mankind", by Bjorn Larsson. THIS ... is a fun read. It's definately one of those books you REALLY, REALLY, don't want to put down.

How should I describe it? The author has pieced together details from fictional accounts, as well as historical detail, to create a most satisfyingly, rollicking good book. Told in autobiographical form by "The Good Pyrate" himself - it's a masterpiece.

If you have fond memories of reading "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson, then I highly recommend you try getting your hands on a copy of this book. It seems to be out of print, but copies can be bought used.

How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mafus » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:42 pm

Just finished:

1. CELL by Stephen King
2. WOLFEN by Whitley Streiber (Oh, man, was this better than the movie.)
3. HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE

If you're turned off by the idea of reading a "kids' book" or just tired of the marketing machine, I say put all that aside. This is a series worth reading. I'm so depressed that there's only one installment left.

I have a week of vacation at the beach coming up and I'm considering my options. I can usually fit in 3 or 4 books during vacation and I'm contemplating a couple of Brian Keene books, something by Bentley Little or Jack Ketchum and maybe going back for another Richard Laymon fix. I'm also two books behind on John Sanford and Joe Lansdale.
"I know you gentleman have been through a lot but, when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter...TIED TO THIS @#%&ING COUCH!!!"
Mafus

Postby PohlSE » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:03 am

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby steelclaw32 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:37 am

steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media