[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - So what are reading these days?

So what are reading these days?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby PohlSE » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:29 pm

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Rush_Grrl » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Last edited by Rush_Grrl on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rush_Grrl

Postby mihntr » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:07 pm

mihntr

Postby raasnio » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:03 pm

raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby MrEd » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:50 pm

"One that will not reason is a bigot. One that cannot reason is an ignoramus. One that dares not reason is a slave." - Anon
MrEd

Postby kanuckinnyc » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:05 pm

Hello there, how's everybody!

Went through Barker's 2nd Abarat book. Just loved it. This guy comes up with so many crazy things I wonder how he can even sleep! I'm eagerly waiting for the Scarlet Gospels coming out next years which will is supposedly the definitive end of Pinhead and the Cenobites.

Went through McBain's Money Money. Very simple read but there's something I just like about this Carella character that just keeps me coming back. I now got The Heckler on my stack.

Now finishing N Gaiman's American Gods. Pure genius. The characters are as well developed and attractive as King's The Stand. I also got the follow up, Anansi Boys. I had to go through BarneandNoblesdotcom to get a hardcover copy. And in the same vein I am also checking out Marvel Comics The Eternals also written by him and drawn by J Romita Jr. Very very good indeed.

I finally found a copy of Swastika at my local Borders after searching for it during my vacation last week back home. I fruitlessly browsed an Ottawa and Montreal Chapters as well as a Montreal Indigo, only to find it at my local place yesterday...aarrgg!
kanuckinnyc

Postby Mbwun » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:48 pm

How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby LivingDeadGirl » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:26 pm

Pleasure is the child of pain
LivingDeadGirl

Postby Rush_Grrl » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:01 am

Rush_Grrl

Postby steelclaw32 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:02 am

:D :D :D :D I'm having a blast right now with

:Image

Do not Disturb!...PLEASE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby Mbwun » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:32 am

Great minds must think alike steely, I'm reading a Slade too!

Finished off my Evil Eye reread last night and started in on a reread of Primal Scream. This time I get to read it in hardcover - signed and everything. Only paid $5 for it too. :D

You know, I'd forgotten how much of a kick I get out of Katt.

Get it? Kick out of Katt - kick the cat .......

Oh, I slay me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby steelclaw32 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well I know a certain kitty who's quite a slayer herself, hmmmm, haven't spoken to her in some time though.

Bugger :(
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby mihntr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:48 pm

hey folks,just finished the chinatown deathcloud peril by paul malmont.
what a great piece of pulp writing!walter gibson[author of the shadow series] and lester dent[author of the doc savage series] investigate a series of strange going ons that include the death of another rather unknown pulp writer h.p. lovecraft.set in the 30s,hot dames dastardly villians and new york city in peril god what agreat read! and hey only 30 more days until the opening day for bow hunting season here in michigan.
peace .ken
mihntr

Postby Mbwun » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:26 pm

OK - confession time:

Way back when I first registered on the old message-board, I had yet to read one of Slade's novels. That was soon remedied, and by the time I made my first post I'd read "Headhunter". I soon followed that with a reading of "Ghoul".

Then, in my frustration with not being familiar with a lot of the characters people were referring to in their posts, I speed-read the books from "Cutthroat" through "Hangman". But I have to admit, it wasn't a very satifactory way to read the books. As a result, I never quite got around to reading "Death's Door" and "Bed of Nails".

This summer I decided to remedy the situation, and read the books properly. Back in the beginning of the summer I re-read "Headhunter", and "Ghoul", and did a proper reading of "Cutthroat" and "Ripper". Then things got put on hold while we moved from our rental suite to this house we've built - and of course, it took a while to get settled in.

Last month I resumed my re-reading of the books, and read "Evil Eye", "Primal Scream", and "Burnt Bones". Then I took a break from the horror and read Jack Whyte's new book, "Knights of the Black and White" - the first in what's going to be a trilogy about the Templar Knights.

Since finishing that, I've re-read "Hangman", and read "Death's Door" for the first time. I just finished reading it yesterday evening, and now I've started reading "Bed of Nails". My intentions are still to put off reading "Swastika" until a week before the release date of "Kamikaze". I figure a week gives me time to read the book and digest it a bit before the next one.

The thing I'm not understanding is all the disparaging comments made elsewhere (on other websites I've been on) about the books that have been written since Pink took over the co-writing duties. I don't think the quality of writing has gone down one iota since she joined the team. As a matter of fact, I thought that "Hangman" had more - and far better - 'gallows humour' (pun intended), than any of the other books.

I'll see whether my opinion changes after I finish reading "Bed of Nails". But so far, and I'm about 100 pages into it, I'm enjoying it just as much as all the rest.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Rush_Grrl » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 am

Where did you read such a thing, Mbwun? I have not noticed a change or decrease in quality at all since the addition of Ms. Pink.

And you may need to give yourself TWO weeks after reading Swastika - it's heavy!
Rush_Grrl

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media