[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - So what are reading these days?

So what are reading these days?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: So what are reading these days?

Postby Slade » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:54 pm

jellybelly,

Your badge - OFFICIAL SLADIST - is waiting on the platform with the brass band.

Slade
Slade

Postby moonflee » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:59 am

Finished the Dragon Tattoo books. Read all three Hungar Games and now I'm trying to finish up the Preston and Child Pendergast books. Just about done with Cenetery Dance and then it will be Fever Dream.
Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby Slade » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:17 pm

The return of moonflee!!

Where have you been, stranger?

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:32 pm

I think he's been hanging at Facebook, along with a bunch of other Sladists who don't seem to post here much any more, Slade.

You need to get yourself a Facebook page, that people can 'Like', along with a Twitter account. Sync them all up, including the Myspace page, so, whatever you post in one place, automatically posts everywhere else.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby jellybelly » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:28 pm

jellybelly

Postby Slade » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Mbwun,

All that is coming, and less than a month away.

It may look like I don't know what I'm doing in the Digital Age, but I can't illustrate my strategy any better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWuaSww3JnA

As we used to say when I was writing law school exams: "Don't peak too soon."

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Twitter..
A curse on those that get sucked into the abyss of Twitter.

I can understand how it has created a new order in some places of the world, and when it first started it was good.
But most of it is banal mutterings of certain celebrities that don't want to say what they are doing on Facebook anymore.

Great film.. great clip Guv'nor.

And be aware J.B. I am driving the train towards that platform.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm

I've got ZULU on DVD. It is a great film!

That advancing rows of firing scene is terrific!!!
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby moonflee » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby Slade » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 am

moonflee,

The roll out of Slade e-books will culminate with the new novel: #15.

The RED SNOW e-cover (a snazzy new look!) will go up on the Slade Website Home page within a month. When it goes online for download, the next e-cover will go up...and so on through the series.

Twitter won't replace anything Sladian, d.t. It's simply another volley to get the word out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI

Mbwun, it's all about strategy.

Slade
Slade

Postby Judy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:55 pm

While I'm waiting . . . I'm reading DROOD by Dan Simmons. And I'm almost finished with COME, TELL ME HOW YOU LIVE by A. Christie Mallowan. I also finished the Library online download of THE BAND THAT PLAYED ON by Steve Turner . . . about the Titanic. :outtahere:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby jellybelly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:33 am

Finishing off The murder of Roger Ackroyd which i started whilst on holiday...since finishing the Slade books i sank into a slight reading depression, sad i know but seem to be coming out of it now :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Picked up my special ordered copy of Tim Willocks's DOGLANDS yesterday, and read part one in bed last night. Very good, so far!

It's actually a book that has been written for the Young Adult market, but I've read reviews that have said it's very Adult appropriate material.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Hydebound » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 am

Rendezvous in Black by What's-his-name...
Hydebound

Postby jellybelly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Black dog by Stephen Booth, a random book i bought a while back.

I don't know but since the Slade experience has soured i find it hard to be engaged by certain books. I appreciate we can't have death and destruction on every page but unnecessary padding to fill books out is a tad trying...i mean having paragraph 'cliffhangers' of "but she managed to write down all of the Inspector's comments" and such, phew... :evil:
jellybelly

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media