Current TV Alert

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby Slade » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Awww...right!!!
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:33 am

Slade..
Spooks last season has just started..
Only six episodes accdording to the blurb, and they have changed its position from Monday night to sunday night.. to compete with Downton Abbey, which is bizarre..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Mr Slade..
You got to watch the last series of Spoons / MI- 5..
Only six episodes but wow..

Also a little ettiquette lesson by the guy that wrote Downton Abbey.. Julian Fellowes, which will please Sladist no end..

Fellowes is a stickler for etiquette - from the correct wearing of gloves to historically accurate table manners. Filming the scene where Sybil bakes a cake for the first time, the crew laid the table with plates, forks and napkins. Fellowes was appalled. The upper classes would eat cake with their fingers. No forks. Who knew?

Possible spoilers for Season 2..

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle ... n-pedia.do
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 am

WOW...
Just watched the last part of Spooks/MI-5.

Got to love the BBC..
Twists, turns, loved it..

Enjoy Mr Slade...
dreab trawets

Postby Slade » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:12 pm

This looks interesting for the background to BURNT BONES:

http://www.knowledge.ca/program/nationa ... -sacrifice

After next Friday, it can be watched online by clicking on "Watch Now."

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:14 pm

For those who have access to Vancouver's Knowledge Network ... The Judy Dench / Billy Connolly film, HER MAJESTY MRS. BROWN will be broadcast at 10:00 PM on Sunday night. It's a truly wonderful film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnOyuU2o6A
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Managed to stay awake and watch it last night, although it kept me up way past my regular bedtime. Enjoyed it, but I didn't sleep all that well afterwards, as a result of the disturbance in my sleep schedule.

And I see that Knowledge is going to start showing LEWIS in January. I've heard that PBS snips little bits and bobs out of the show when they broadcast it, as well as changing a bit of the music. It'll be nice to see it without all the Masterpiece Theater changes.

Now, if only they would rebroadcast INSPECTOR MORSE. We only got to see each episode once when they aired the show three years ago.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:41 pm

1st January..

Sod the underground trains..
Hang up the phone..

Series 2 of Sherlock Holmes is on the BBC..

WOO HOO..
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Looks like DOWNTON ABBEY 2 starts up on PBS this coming Sunday.

Hmmmmmm ...

That puts us in a bit of a quandary here, as that's when Knowledge Channel starts broadcasting LEWIS, and we have no way of recording one while we watch the other.

What to do, what to do?

Watch episodes of DOWNTON ABBEY that we haven't seen before, or watch episodes of LEWIS that we have seen, but this time without being edited to death by PBS?

Methinks it will probably be LEWIS, in the hopes that another station will broadcast DOWNTON ABBEY 2 in the near future - without all the edits that PBS is going to broadcast it with.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Mbwun,

PBS took a drubbing for editing half an hour out of DOWNTON ABBEY 1, not only the most successful period piece from Britain since BRIDESHEAD REVISITED in 1981, but also the most successful TV program worldwide of 2011 (the first time Britain has surpassed the States).

Consequently, there will be no cuts to DOWNTON ABBEY 2.
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:26 pm

So, now you've made the choice more difficult to make.

Thanks Slade!

:wink:

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Re: Current TV Alert

Postby Slade » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Sladists,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq1y5nMj ... re=related

It's just the best American cable TV series around - a modern day Western from Elmore Leonard set in "hillbilly" Kentucky - and (if you live in Canada) it starts on SHOWCASE a week this Sunday at 10 p.m. The third series is currently playing on FX in the States.

Listen to this: Rap fused with Bluegrass! (Gangstagrass, get it?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2i2UylxJ0

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cnl-xa_nFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljvpJLfDNk8

Mesmerizing stuff.

Plus anticipation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMKlcURc ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ekTLgp4 ... re=related

Slade
Slade

Postby Judy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Oh well . . I don't have cable TV . . . no access to FX . . . just have to wait for it to be released on DVD or broadcast TV. :roll: :roll:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:03 pm

So the last episode of LEWIS aired on PBS last night, and I see they're going to start airing ENDEAVOR next week. That came as a surprise, I didn't even know it had finally gone to series. Looks like there is four episodes in Series 1 of the show, and IMDb indicates that there will be a Series 2.

I loved the tv movie that aired quite some time ago, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

By the way Slade, have you been watching a show called STRIKE BACK at all? One of the co-stars in it - Sullivan Stapleton - is the star of the upcoming sequel to the film 300.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm

I've seen all of STRIKE BACK. It's a straight action series.

In LEWIS, Hathaway is gone, but there MAY be another series or TV movie. The door is open. And last week he had a new partner.
Slade

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media